[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched Princess Mononoke for the first time. Just fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 70x100) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 70x100
Just watched Princess Mononoke for the first time. Just fuck my shit up. I don't know what to think anymore. Could Miyazaki for once just not make a movie that doesn't touch my soul ?
>>
ashitaka is my husbando
>>
>>28571362
kiki is best ghibli
>>
Link me full video, kind anon?
>>
>>28571489
>not totoro
bad bait m8
>>
>>28571491

here you go o-nee chan

https://kissanime.to/Anime/Mononoke-Hime-Dub
>>
File: 1459371377749.jpg (40 KB, 236x243) Image search: [Google]
1459371377749.jpg
40 KB, 236x243
>>28571533
>Mononoke-Hime-Dub
>>
>>28571521

I saw totoro on my first ever date in high school. It was a double billing and Grave of the Fireflies played after. She cried once the movie was over and hugged me. I didn't know how to react so I made a joke and shrugged her off.
>>
What other Ghibli have you seen, OP?
>>
>>28571533
>dub
>dub
>dub
>dub>dub
>dub>dub>dub

WOW LADS
>>
>>28571561

IDK but this once I feel the dub is superior.

>>28571579

Ponyo

Totoro

Grave of the Fireflies

Kikis' delivery service

Howls moving castle

Castle of Caligostro
>>
It was a decent movie. Ninja scroll was much better just because the animation.

Anime should be watched for the animation and action scenes. The story is a side note

New anime is absolute shit I'm sure we can agree upon that
>>
>>28571578
That sounds pretty amazing, but yeah GotF is pretty intense the first time you watch it.
>>
Princess Mononoke is one of the only good Miyazaki movies. Howl's Moving Castle is just downright bad, Castle in the Sky was stupid, Nausicaa was ok. Totoro is pretty good, but mainly just because I have happy childhood memories associated with it. If I had only seen it as an adult I don't think it would have made an impression.
>>
>>28571606

While I can't entirely agree. I'll admit all my favourite anime are hand-drawn cel animation. And I have a strong dislike towards the plastic-y feel of new series
>>
>>28571593

Sub Ashi sounds a bit too old for me.
>>
File: 1437811630676.jpg (251 KB, 500x616) Image search: [Google]
1437811630676.jpg
251 KB, 500x616
>>28571362
Watch Future Boy Conan. It is a series from Miyazaki shown in the 80s
>>
>>28571732

looks neat I'll be sure to check it out
>>
>>28571625
>Castle in the Sky was stupid
Nigger, fuck you.

>>28571603
You should watch Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind next. Ideally you should have watched them first because Mononoke-hime, CitS, and Nausicaa all deal with the same themes, with Mononoke-hime being the most fully realized.

Then watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or ideally read the manga.
>>
>>28571874

Nausicaa lost me about an hour in. The visuals were amazing but the story was meh.
>>
>>28571899

Might give it another go.
>>
>>28571874
Full metal alchamist was shit tier my man. I bet you like one piece and that new dragon ball z bullshit
>>
>>28572107

Nigga Romance Dawn is the tightest shit. Super is bad...just bad.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.