[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post your hobbies, make conversation regarding said hobbies,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: unwnd.jpg (76 KB, 719x354) Image search: [Google]
unwnd.jpg
76 KB, 719x354
ITT: Post your hobbies, make conversation regarding said hobbies, and potentially make a friend or two.

>finding and listening to new, obscure music
>programming, more recently getting into web
>writing and reading, particularly short stories and anything about theology
>riding my bike
>would say vidya, but little to no money to spend on it
>>
>having hobbies

how do i get my life back i'm sad and do not enjoy anything i used to but the potential embrace of slumber
>>
>>28570690
Don't forget that you're also obnoxious and narcissistic enough to barge into a thread made for discussion of anons' hobbies only in an attempt to divert said discussion to yourself and the fact that you have no hobbies.

That's very important.
>>
File: 1462835318322098585.jpg (233 KB, 776x1280) Image search: [Google]
1462835318322098585.jpg
233 KB, 776x1280
>digital art
>music (making & listening)
>videos (making & watching :v) )
>money
>autism vidya, mainly tycoons and strategy games
>would like to get into flipping websites, programming, movies and books
>>
>>28570787
>digital art
Nice. What kind, and where do you find new stuff? I went through a wild Pinterest phase a few years ago.

Have a link for the stuff that you make (music and/or videos)? What do you typically listen to?
>>
File: 1452051277271.jpg (67 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
1452051277271.jpg
67 KB, 553x567
>Making and listening music
>Reading (sometimes i write a little)
>Digital art (?) (i glitch images and i'm getting into datamosh)
>Movies

This record and "Loveless" are the shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRM1S6Jno8A
>>
>>28570998
Loveless is nice desu, though I've yet to listen to Since I Left You. Waiting for an appropriately happy spring/summer morning to give it a listen. Do you enjoy any other shoegaze?

>glitch images
Nice! I was actually referring strictly to glitched images in this post: >>28570860.

Watch anything noteworthy recently? This upcoming week I'm going to watch these, in no particular order:
>Mysterious Skin
>Show Me Love
>Almost Famous
>The Last Picture Show
>The Taking of Pelham, One, Two, Three
>>
>>28570648
>unrvnd
my nigga
>>
File: SaraLund.jpg (96 KB, 334x500) Image search: [Google]
SaraLund.jpg
96 KB, 334x500
>>28571144
Just finished listening to New Plastic Ideas again. I've been going through their discography very slowly over the past year. Still haven't listened to Challenges and Leaves.

Do you have a favorite album?
>>
>>28571198
*Challenge
>>
File: 1440119186547.jpg (66 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1440119186547.jpg
66 KB, 600x600
>>28571198
>still haven't listened to Leaves
the fuck are you doing? go listen to it as soon as you can. Leaves is probably their best album objectively, but my personal favorite is Repetition.
>>
I'm going to come off as a strange person, but does anyone else have a hobby that consists of walking around wherever for hours on end, just sightseeing and thinking about miscellaneous stuff? It's probably my favorite activity ever. I don't do it as regularly as I did a couple of months ago, but there were days in which I spent something like 8 hours outside, walking, thinking and taking in the general atmosphere of the places I walked by. Sometimes I stopped by some places to witness something of interest that was happening, such as a crazy person mumbling random thoughts to his imaginary friend, a street performer that managed to make everyone think that whatever he was doing was actually impressive, a musician playing something he doesn't even enjoy playing anymore for a few bucks, et al.
>>
Anyone here do bonsai? I'm very blessed to have a large plot of land. It's very therapeutic to go out every day and just slowly see the development and improvement of my garden.
>>
File: offminor1.jpg (107 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
offminor1.jpg
107 KB, 500x364
>>28571320
I've had their entire discog downloaded for a year, but I find it more rewarding to just take my time and listen to each as I'm randomly inclined or so. I'm also trying to go through it in order.

Only listened to Repetition for the first time a month or two ago. Going only from The Future of What to Repetition, their maturation is evident, not to slight The Future of What in any regard. It's actually probably my favorite of theirs. Beyond the attributes you'd find in any Unwound album, I really loved the order of its tracklist and the drone segment to conclude it.

From Repetition, Corpse Pose and Lady Elect are classics.

>>28571417
I fucking love doing that, dude. When I was at Uni, on weekends I'd just leave campus and wander wherever my whims took me with a backpack and some water. Once I walked on the traintracks for some number of miles, and another time I visited the river, walked alongside it and chilled underneath a bridge.

Can't say I've seen anything as interesting as any of that, though.
>>
>>28570860
friends, the internet communities i'm a part of

not going to give a link because i dont want to be associated with this board

ambient, idm, hardvapour, plunderphonics, used to listen to tons of soundcloud future bass and cloud rap stuff
>>
my hobbies include knowing thousands of artists and only finishing like 4 albums
>>
>>28570648
>listening to obscure music (and i mean obscure, like shit you wouldn't find on rutracker, soulseek, most torrent sites, or even google)
>making music, many say it's very weird but most of the time they like it (you'll probably find me on soundcloud/bandcamp threads on /mu/ a lot)
>Though it's related to the music, I do production for other people now
>making field recordings every once in a while
>i do sometimes take pictures, people like it but I do it rarely
>>
>>28570648
Unwound!
>>
>Morrowind roleplay

That's it. And digital painting I guess but I'm bad at it and don't do it enough to get better.
>>
>>28571417
>I'm going to come off as a strange person
You're already here it doesn't get much worse.
I'm in pretty bad shape but I still do this sometimes too. I usually have some story going in my head that I'm making up, that and just physical activity usually makes me feel better.
>>
File: 82263352.jpg (127 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
82263352.jpg
127 KB, 507x338
I'm into mahjong. I got into it via animu last decade and have since joined online communities (the /JP/ thread is my home on 4chan, which is ironic given how much I hate the rest of that board)

Tomorrow I'm driving up to a mini tournament at a secret location. Fun shit
>>
>>28571666
What kind of music? Lately I've been exploring sound collage, glitch, outsider house and harsh noise.

Link to any of your field recordings/bandcamp?
>>
>>28571534
I have seen some interesting places and had some important life experiences happen while walking around like that. Sadly I have never seen any accessible train tracks or open rivers I could walk along, but my city does have its curious places as well. It offers so many different perspectives for me to explore that sometimes I feel overwhelmed by everything. That happens especially when I walk around the older districts in town, with all those historical buildings or when I walk around my childhood neighborhood.
>>
>>28571887
It really changes by an EP or album. It's not even that I'm trying to change, it just suddenly does.
Normally, it's basically sound experiments (it has a lot of noise influences but it's not trying to be full noise), but I've released a glitch album and am doing more ambient shit. I might release an EP of field recordings someday but eh.

I don't really want to start shilling here but since I've posted something here before a while back, fuck it.
https://windowlistener.bandcamp.com
>>
>>28571964
Heh, I've actually seen some of your stuff posted in /noise/.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out!
>>
>learning
I could say that this is my main hobbie, I love to learn new stuff (only when it catches my interest though), and I'm always avid for stuff to learn.
>programming
Actually not so much programming per se but learning how computing systems and tools work.
>writing
Non-fiction. I like to write rants and insights and explain technical stuff. I like trying to help people with their problems with programming or operating systems or just explain to them something that they don't understand and I do.
>>
>>28571996
That's a crazy fucking coincidence lol, when did you see it?
>>
I saw unwound in 1994. I am old.
>>
>>28572038
I wanna say within the last month. I often lose track of time, so not sure how accurate that is.

>>28572072
Pretty jealous. Would've loved to see them perform in the prime of their youth.

How old were you when you saw them perform?
>>
>>28572129
Summer senior year in high school. They were touring basements.
>>
>>28572038
Also: How long have you been making music?

>>28572152
Did you see any other bands of note?

What was being a teen in the 90's like? You're welcome to tell me to fuck off if that's a stupid question. I just think a lot of people here fantasize about growing up at that time, and think it's tailored toward the anxious and awkward teen years more than any other decade.
>>
>>28572220
i've only been making music since the summer of 2015. the project basically started because I was misanthropic and frustrated with myself/life/etc.
>>
>>28572277
>I was misanthropic and frustrated with myself/life/etc.

I get the sense that you want to talk about it but at the same time don't want to.
>>
>>28570648
I'm talentless and have never been competent in anything I tried hard to do.
>>
>>28572405
It was really weird
>some part of me took over and I decided to become nocturnal and not take care of myself
>I woke up at 8pm and fell asleep in the morning
>I always tried to reverse it by going through the day without sleeping but it made it worse
>due to me sleeping during the day I barely spoke to anybody for 3 months
>it was only me and 4chan
Oh yeah and my right ear stopped hearing as well right at the beginning of summer, and the hearing was only recovered at the very end of it
>>
>music - I play guitar and collect records/CD's/tapes. I record myself on acoustic doing singer/songwriter type stuff but I can never get a clean/clear recording of my electric so i don't do that.

https://soundcloud.com/basementvacation

>vidya - i like a little bit of everything from most genres and i don't really have a favorite type of game. i'll explain further if necessary. i play unhealthy amounts of league though.

>>28570787
>>28570998
what music do you like?
what kind of music do you make?

>>28571666
any good music finds lately?
>>
>>28572607
Yeah, even briefly experimenting with isolation is enough to fuck a person up, likely before they even realize it. Have you managed to recover anything, like your hearing did?
>>
>>28571417
i do this alot too anon. Where i live there is alot to see as i have been a shutin for most of my life. I see something new everyday and it makes me feel really good
>>
>>28572612
>any good music finds lately?
I found this one album, Regis Duprat & Rogerio Duprat - Serie Tres Seculos De Musica Brasileira - Vol. 1 Valsas & Polcas, it's pretty good I guess. I also bought some local cd's a week ago but that's gonna take some searching to find.
>>28572686
I can still talk to people normally (by that it's turned below average, compared to 2 years ago, but its better than nothing) but there's some weird thing where I feel at any time I'm gonna slump back into it, like I enjoyed it or something.
>>
>>28570787
>making music
This! You produce with a DAW? Rocking Live 9 ATM with some modular synths
>>
>>28572220
Yeah I saw every band worth anything in the 90s ama.

I'm pretty sure being a teen back then wasn't that different than being a teen now.
>>
>>28571624
>plunderphonics
Isn't that sample based music?
>>
>>28572820
>Regis Duprat & Rogerio Duprat - Serie Tres Seculos De Musica Brasileira - Vol. 1 Valsas & Polcas

just started listening. not my usual cup of tea but it's nice
>>
bump this thread is interesting
>>
>>28570648
Interests
>social sciences (politics, geography, history, philosophy)
>mathematics
>physics
>music (hip hop, rap, classical, everything but metal/country/EDM basically)
>piano
>biking
>movies/anime (on the backburner for now though)
>vidya (although I've been getting bored pretty easily)
>tabletop games
>chess

Want to get into
>cooking
>programming
>fitness
>fashion
>classical literature, or just reading more in general
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.