[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assuming you don't die off at the early stages, would you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: zombie horde.jpg (77 KB, 640x421) Image search: [Google]
zombie horde.jpg
77 KB, 640x421
Assuming you don't die off at the early stages, would you look forward to living in a zombie apocalypse?
>>
>>28569006
Not at all, no. No luxuries, no internet - what kind of life is that?
>>
The discovery channel said if we don't keep the nuclear reactors going eventually they will leak and irradiate the planet.
>>
>>28569006
Yes, this is why I buy guns, stockpile food, water bullets, medical supplies books ect. It's not for zombie but an eventual societal collapse. It would be a cleansing of sorts. A chance to fucking start over. It's probably a sort of coping mechanism for underlying mental issues but it feels very reassuring and I fantasize every night about it all collapsing.
>>
File: witnessed.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
witnessed.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>28569006
>would start a massive raider group and try to live life to the fullest
>would encourage other men to join and start a small empire
>perfom "mass cleansing" events, which would basically be the group participating in mass killings of zombies in whatever way possible
>also would enslave any healthy fertile women we come across and use them for all sorts things
yeah I guess, why not?
If the world were to come to an end, might as well go nuts and attempt at absolute hedonism while enforcing certain old world values and rules, like a mix between Caesar's Legion from Fallout NV and Mad Max
>>
>>28569289
>would start a massive raider group

Fuck off norman
>>
In a real zombie apocalypse all the zombies would die out in the matter of months due to decomposition, so as long as you can survive the initial hordes plus normie raider groups life in general could be somewhat good if the government survives in some form. Labour would be in an extremely low supply so you could be paid immense amounts of currency for practically anything, or be able to secure any job with minimal training. Decades after that life would be far better than anything we had in the 20 or 21st centuries.
>>
File: Weekshordeofinfected.jpeg.jpg (106 KB, 966x641) Image search: [Google]
Weekshordeofinfected.jpeg.jpg
106 KB, 966x641
>>28569467
what about the infected from 28 days later? same situation?
>>
Whats the appeal of a zombie apocalypse? first nerds and now normies have been obsessing about this shit for years
>>
File: pepe get the f out normie.jpg (55 KB, 498x604) Image search: [Google]
pepe get the f out normie.jpg
55 KB, 498x604
>>28569325
>an apocalyptic collapse would give you a chance to rise up from the ashes of a boring, anti-social, introverted lifestyle
>not wanting to take advantage of this to finally become somewhat social and respected in a group, no matter how brutal the group has to be to survive together in the wastes
>implying normies would want join a violent raider gang that tries to enslave people, rather than trying to rebuild their """peaceful and moral""" normie world
>not wanting to slay normies and staceys along side your fellow brethren
real normie detected
>>
>>28569556
In that case, the virus doesn't kill the host but just makes them mad if I'm correct? You would just have to wait out until they all die of starvation, they're not going to be able to secure an infinite supply of food.
>>
The instinct of survival would cause me to form a group with other people, allowing me to make friends and potentially a girlfriend to comfort and repopulate the world with.
>>
>>28569645
>boring, anti-social, introverted lifestyle
fuck u cunt, your just a normie in disguise
>>
>>28569685
>implying 90% of this board including me doesn't have this type of lifestyle and attitude
>>
>>28569665
That kind of what happens in the first movie, the infected don't eat or drink so they eventually die out of starvation and dehydration.

You can easily wait them out.
>>
File: 1460758092800.png (17 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1460758092800.png
17 KB, 600x600
>>28569645
Normies are only peaceful and moral because of societal binds. Once shit hits the fan they'll go primal and the alpha Chad's will lead your normie groups giving you food and occasional pussy for you to stay in line. Also what do you think those raider groups do? Every true robot roughing it by himself gets murdered by you savages. Please leave my board you failed normal fag trash
>>
File: 1459461922876.jpg (149 KB, 1000x633) Image search: [Google]
1459461922876.jpg
149 KB, 1000x633
>>28569723
>implying real robots enjoy going out and partying
>implying we don't just want a qt gf to be introverted with us
>>
>>28569730
>watch walking dead with cousin
>disembodied head still "alive" x years after outbreak
>zombie chained to the bottom of a lake still alive x years after outbreak
fucking zombies have no regard for physical laws
>>
Day three
>Get out of bed, stepping over duffle bag with clean clothing, sanitation products, assortment of tools, and other supplies kept just for a purpose like this
>Walk through the living room, and past the front door (all five locks, still locked), to the restroom
>Shave, shower with door open so I can watch entrance of home, get dressed, and leave restroom
>Peer out door and see that the walkers are still there, including my roommate who decided to leave the home on day 1, only to die before reaching the first floor door
>Return to bedroom, log on facebook (which is slower than usual) to see what contacts are doing to stay alive
>Visit WhiteHouse.Gov website. Still posting hour alerts, thank God, something is functioning
>Go to /r9k/ and realize most of the posters there, too, have died

Who here forced NEET?
>>
>>28569730
>>28569839
what if the virus makes their body go dormant until the smell fresh meat
>>
>>28569467
I think it would be much faster.

Hollywood zombies are pure bullshit. A real life scenario could happen with a worse version of a virus like rabies. Depending how long it takes to show the first symptons and how easily it could spread amongst the population, then we could have a good chunk of the population of the world dead really fast.

If the behavior of the infected person is like a mindless killing machine, then a good deal of these people would be dead in a matter of 48 hours. Dehydration, hemorrhage, etc. Within a week all of the infected would be dead.

Depending on many people die, this shit could really change the world as we know it.

It's actually fun to think about stuff like that.
>>
stealing people's crap
>>
>>28569069
the discover channel also said the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell but look where that got us
>>
>>28569939
What are you implying? Is that a lie?
>>
File: fallout 3 pepe.jpg (63 KB, 515x369) Image search: [Google]
fallout 3 pepe.jpg
63 KB, 515x369
>get a hunting rifle, a handgun, and a good knife
>live a solitary life, carefully and slowly moving from place to place
>don't have to worry about taxes, societal standards, money and other everyday urban/suburban stuff
>just try to get food, shelter, and survive
>scavenge and move north to some rural area, where it's slightly colder
>attempt to get a gf along the way for companionship
>start a small farm/homestead and shelter near a water source
>live innawoods
>only have to worry about hunting/farming and fishing to get enough food and sometimes watch for weather changes and possibly wild animal attacks
>rarely have to worry about raiding parties and zombies because that stuff is in more populated, urban areas like destroyed cities
Sure, I would forward to that with my plan.
Either the plan or what >>28569666 mentioned, because an apocalypse could possibly give me an opportunity to be social
>>
>>28570126
he's probably talking about this
>>>/sci/8070056
>>
not at all.

>spend a year or two max doing comfy scavenging
>eventually all supermarkets are exhausted
>then the rest of my life I have to join some fortified community and spend the rest of my life doing hard labor trying to farm crops to eat
>will probably be near bottom of pecking order since I'm a web-dev
>will have to spend the rest of my life hoping some mad-max biker gang doesn't take over or pillage our settlement and take all our food and women
>probably will not live to see conveniences like the electricity, water and gas grids reestablished

the odds of happening to find a cutie and raping her/ or protectig her and making her your women are pretty low too.

the cuties instinctively gather men to protect them immediately so if you see a cutie you're probably going to have ot ambush and kill the men accompanying her if you want her, which isn't that fun.
>>
>>28570184
>Implying you'd actually survive or have spent more than 5 days outside mummy's basement
>>
>>28569645
>rise up from the ashes of a boring, anti-social, introverted lifestyle

There's nothing stopping you now faggot
>>
>>28569006
>Get to be self sufficient in the woods
>Get to be alone with no pressure from others or any paranoia on what others think
>Get to be productive with no pressure to impress Stacy before Chad gets to her
>Enjoy killing any zombies I find and practice perfecting marksmanship
>Get to go onto military bases and shit without clearance
>Get to loot a bunch of cool shit wherever I find it
Only issue I would have really is early stages of learning how to make a fire without coal and lighter fluid, then cooking efficiently. Later on when gas becomes hard to find would also turn into an issue. But still, after that first month or so it should be 3-4 years of paradise.
>>
>>28569770
>Once shit hits the fan they'll go primal and the alpha Chad's will lead your normie groups giving you food and occasional pussy for you to stay in line
>implying chad wouldn't try to hog it all for himself
>implying you wouldn't want to give fellow robots and yourself a chance at joining a group to help kill chads/normies and take their women
sure there would be normies in the group too, but real robots would actually give themselves a chance at fighting back against the world
>>
>>28570328
>it should be 3-4 years of paradise.
>Literally trying to scrounge up enough to eat not to stave to death
No friend.
>>
>>28569892
...How would the stop them decomposing?
>>
>>28569467
undead zombies do not obey the laws of physics to begin with so there is no reason to expect that they would starve or decompose into nothing

biological zombies, yes quite quickly the population would dwindle since the only fleshy food source they would be able to find would be each other, or if they're biological zombies that are not allowed to eat each other , then they'd just starve even faster.
>>
>>28570286
>implying I live in my mother's basement
don't force your insecurity onto me, anon.
>>
Anyone here reads the manga "I am hero"? Chatting about stuff like that here reminds of that manga, since a lot of the survivors were NEETs and they were using 2ch to talk to each other.
>>
Yes, it would be nice. I think providing i dont die too quickly that i would enjoy it a lot.

That said, i live in the most populated part of the city so id said that i would indeed die too quickly.

Hope i bite some of you fuckers.
>>
>>28569006

>the average person is concerned only with consumption and breeding
Check
>the average person is unthinking and instinct driven
Check

We're already in the zombie apocalypse.
>>
>>28569022
This. I like having coffee in the morning, and beer in the evening.

Anyone who wants it for the prepper bullshit is delusional, or just a pussy. If you wanna go live in the woods, why not go fuckin' do it then?
>>
>>28570476

And don't forget how they cluster together like those God-awful black Friday clips.
>>
>>28570476
SO DEEP
O

D
E
E
P
>>
>>28570476
>guyze i watched Dawn of the Dead once arent i clever ?? haha :)
>>
>>28570358
>Hunt deer, squirrels, birds, etc.
>Make a small farm for easily made vegetables
>Go into small towns and raid grocery stores early on for canned foods
Winter months would be hard, but if you save the canned foods for them and emphasize hunting as well, you could get the food to survive easily enough. First year would be the biggest challenge really.
>>
>>28569685
Oh yes you are, a normie in disguise!
>>
>>28570527
I think its about social pressure. In the zombie apocalypse my parents dont expect me to get a job. I can shoot things without people making a mess. I get the thrill of survival and meeting other survivors. I dont have to go to social events. Stealing is okay. Spending a week inside the house its okay. Everything is fucking okay pretty much since society is done.
>>
>>28569006
Just glancing at the thumbnail I thought those were refugees.
>>
>>28570584
How many of the fuckers on 4chan have hunted before? and SOLELY to survive instead of if they came emtpy handed to a fridge full of food at home?
>>
No. What I think I'm attracted to when it comes to post apocalyptic stuff are two things

1 - Not the fighting for my life aspect, but the idea of being in a survivor community, doing well while everyone else struggles and fights for their lives. Having an assignment and being appreciated and watching the community grow and being close

2 - Finding a safe place, like an underground bunker or super protected island or whatever that still has power and protection and guaranteed safety while everyone else doesn't. Living with heat and food and water, in a small cosy place.

While others seem to like the idea of being a post apocalyptic badass, I know realistically, I wouldn't be. I like the idea of a band of survivors more, but I think that's just my need for a group I can rely on who also rely on me.
>>
>>28570668
>instead of if they came emtpy handed to a fridge full of food at home?
that's what the canned goods are for, as that fridge full of food until you are entirely self-sufficient, and as a rainy-day fund
>>
>>28570668

I'm guessing most. Who hasn't at least gone deer hunting or fishing before? It's not like it's hard. Hell, it's easier than grocery shopping. Sit down and wait for food to come, then get it. In the stores you have to go to the food. I bagged my first deer at 14. Pretty'd up my face and drank the blood and everything. Hunting camp with dad or granddad is a basic rite of passage.
>>
>>28569645

>antisocial

Fuck off back to tumblr, kiddo
>>
>>28570849
Not all of us live in burgerland and even less live in rural areas.
>>
>>28570788
Do you know how long an average city supermarket would last without restocking under normal circumstances? 3 days. There are 3 days worth of food for a regular city supermarket. Everyone and their mother is gonna hit that place up first and the shelves will be bare by the end of the week.
>>
>>28570912

That's the nice thing about trucks, you can go to rural areas in them. I am speaking from a burger centric viewpoint though. Do other countries not have animals in them?
>>
>>28570942
>here are 3 days worth of food for a regular city supermarket
you know this how
>>
>>28570887
see >>28569723
necessary comment of originality
>>
>>28571081
It's like you're literally retarded.

http://tobyhemenway.com/419-fear-and-the-three-day-food-supply-3/
>>
File: 1459030762088.png (116 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1459030762088.png
116 KB, 228x260
I'd find a place to live in the woods or country area near a lake. One of the first things that everyone will try to gather will be water. Boil the lake water or filter it through dirt and you're good to go. A horse would be good for transportation but currently I've never rode a horse so I'd be fucked for a while. Stockpile, hunt, and survive. It would be nice to make a coat or pants out of bear pelt desu senpai

>mfw a zombie apocalypse right now would wipe out nu-males and all of Tumblr
>>
>>28569612
I've been interested in 'why people like it' for awhile and I think I nailed it down. Its essentially a fusion between a lot of different interests:
-weapons/combat and human gore
-survival strats, meeting other survivor drama
-good old 'end of the world' appeal
I also read that someone said it represents the fear of technology, I think thats dumb though. I thinks in the fear of all the people around us who are largely faceless and have a large impact on our lives. You can easily end up with your life in the hands of someone you don't even know the name of. In a less dramatic sense your livelihood depends on getting a job and working for forces you don't understand getting paid by people you likely hate or don't want to get to know.
>>28571081
I don't know about that guy but I heard on a trucking radio talk show late at night that pretty much everything in a supermarket is about a week to replacement.
>>
>>28571107

Antisocial is a real word with a real actual meaning. Look it up some time, faggit.
>>
>>28571347
I think it may have something to do with how incompatible modern civilized society is with us as a species.
We're a species that hunted and gathered in order to survive so it kind of makes sense. It's more dangerous but it's simpler.
Nowadays, we have to worry about taxes, finances, mortgages, blablablablablablabla.

I.e. desire for a zombie apocalypse = escapism from the drudgery of regular civilized society.
>>
>>28571230
It probably would.
But it would wipe out all kinds of other people too.
>>
File: 1419679504991.png (291 KB, 619x406) Image search: [Google]
1419679504991.png
291 KB, 619x406
>>28569022
mass death and suffering > internet
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.