[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else have crippling anxiety? I have many panic attacks daily.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1424053345965.gif (782 KB, 480x471) Image search: [Google]
1424053345965.gif
782 KB, 480x471
Anyone else have crippling anxiety? I have many panic attacks daily.
>>
File: 1461019154684.png (107 KB, 1213x1011) Image search: [Google]
1461019154684.png
107 KB, 1213x1011
i'm not as anxious i'm just miserable and without purpose. If your still anxious how others see you then you still feel like you have to look good for people that will never accept you
>>
File: 1460002777376.gif (254 KB, 350x302) Image search: [Google]
1460002777376.gif
254 KB, 350x302
>>28568155
My anxiety is based mostly in a combo of panic disorder and health anxiety.

For instance, yesterday I did some work around a low concentration of Sulfuric Acid and I have been paranoid I poisoned myself and I could die at any minute.

Basically every day I am dying yet am fine.
>>
I have depression
Anxiety/Panic Attacks
OCD

It's a daily thing for me so I try to limit my time outside and the benzos do nothing.
>>
>>28568532
Ever tried SSRIs?
>>
>>28568638
On Prozac right now for about 2 months. Working up the nerve to try something else. I never had withdrawal symptoms with these kinda meds so I should be good.
>>
>>28569760
I have never tried them yet. Currently unmedicated but I think it is time I try them. Is Prozac a good starter?
>>
Yep.

I just went to Walmart 30 minutes ago and pretty much just got what I wanted to get and got the fuck out.

I dont know why, I just get really anxious around people. Even if I dont know them. It sucks.
>>
>>28569803
I feel calmer around folks. Maybe because if I have a serious medical emergency people will help me then. My anxiety is fucking weird.
>>
Mine is kind of situational. In most situations I'm fine. Some stuff like the bank or ordering pizza I don't like. Stuff that breaks my anonymity tends to do it.
>>
>>28568214
Feel that, I work in a lab too. Were you wearing proper safety equipment at the time? Did you get any on you or inhale any spray mist of it? If yes, and no, then you are totally ok.

tbqh senpai, if you fucked up with sulfuric, you would KNOW, immediately and extremely painfully. If you feel ok right now, you're clear.

also heres the MSDS
http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9925146
>>
File: image_24.jpg (98 KB, 663x975) Image search: [Google]
image_24.jpg
98 KB, 663x975
>>28569894
I was wearing gloves and ensured I got none on me and did a lot of washing afterwards but that tiny 1% of my mind that says "you inhaled some and it's in your lungs" or "it's somehow inside your stomach" has made me paranoid as hell. I haven't felt any pain but then my mind says it isn't poisoning then but acidosis of the blood and the headache and muscle weakness in my arm from nerve damage is actually acidosis. Basically, if it isn't A that is killing me, it is B, etc etc.
>>
>>28569894
Also the material was only a .01M mixture.
>>
>>28569795
It's one of the basics they start you out with. My sex drive is kinda gone but I never had much to begin with and it doesn't make you gain weight like the others. There's also Lexapro that is popular too. Zoloft is a hit or miss and when it misses, it's bad. For anxiety, Xanax is the go to but I hear withdrawal is bad on that so I'm just on Klonipin at the moment. Psychiatrists make bank so I need to save up before I can be reevaluated. Pair it up with a therapist is usually the way to go. They'll go on and on about breathing exercises but in a way it helps a bit. Group therapy was torture for me though so I refuse to try that out again.
>>
>live with my parents
>had to walk past dad today almost had a panic attack
>haven't seen him in 4 months
>we're both home all the time
>>
>>28569993
>>28570023
I know telling you you're fine will not fully convince you, but I've been in a similar situation. I had a 0.8% Triton / saline solution bubble popped in my face while I had no glasses on. I thought I was gonna go blind etc., and I sure as shit learned my lesson about goggles, but I was and am ok.

At 0.01M, there aren't fumes of any kind, really. And good on you for being cautious besides.

Wear your fucking PPE, robots.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.