[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop suggestions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: The Goober.jpg (28 KB, 200x284) Image search: [Google]
The Goober.jpg
28 KB, 200x284
I need a laptop for college. Something affordable, but with plenty of memory and capable of moderate gaming. Any suggestions?
>>
>>28567138
Whats your definition of affordable?
>>
Le gamer laptop meme
>>
>>28567206
<= $500, preferably
>>28567222
gr8 b8
>>
Just to clarify, I want something decent, not necessarily great
>>
>>28567330
><= $500
you are very poor
>>
>>28567415
>I need a laptop for college
>>
>>28567330
Save up another $150 and get a used lenovo Y50
>>
>>28567138
>>>/g/

Literally a board for that
>>
>>28567138
>gaming laptop

Don't fall for this meme. Bring your PC to game on and get a chromebook or surface pro
>>
I don't want a gaming laptop, just one that is capable of running Mount and Blade and shit.
>>
I'm in the same situation OP, but it's really hard for me to spend money on a laptop when I know I could buy a graphics card instead. Laptops suck man
>>
My laptop has a i7-2670qm, Geforce GT 630m, and 6gb of ram. I bought it for $400 used on ebay. It's not the greatest thing ever but with some tinkering I got GTA V to run with okay settings. I'm too lazy to even game these days but someday I'll get around to it.
>>
>>28568026
I just need the portability. I also have no experience with building computers
>>
>>28568074
By my standards, getting GTA V to run at all is impressive. I've only ever owned shit computers
>>
Mac.

Lack of games is a feature, not a bug. You will soon no longer be a child.
>>
>>28568115
My standards are pretty much the same. At some point in the near future I want to build a proper PC that I can use for video encoding but I have much more pressing matters to take care of right now.
>>
>>28568123
Says the faggot on /r9k/. Also, fuck Mac.
>>
$500 is kinda low. I got an HP - ENVY 17.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive for $999 and it runs Starcraft 2, but I'm not sure how it will do with newer games. Just browse the laptops at http://www.bestbuy.com/ they make it easy to find the computer that you want. But for $500 you'd be hard pressed to find someone who has gotten a laptop for that price who can recommend it to you or not.
>>
Storage is the big thing here, not gaming. I have over 10 gigs of music alone, so I want lots of storage
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.