[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any robots in the American military? If so, how is it? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: military_dog_week_101812.jpg (103 KB, 1031x768) Image search: [Google]
military_dog_week_101812.jpg
103 KB, 1031x768
Any robots in the American military? If so, how is it? I'm a 21 year old uni student but I'm having financial difficulties and my family is no help (financial aid only covers so much). Even beyond that, I feel like my life is in a rut, and so I'm considering the armed forces as an option for moving myself forward.
>>
>>28565861
British here, I'm in the army reserves part time while I study, the pay is shit but it's good fun.

Military life really isn't as shit as people make it out to be, it's good banter with your muckers and you gain a lot of skills if you do a technical trade.

Also, if you want to crush puss, you've got to become an Army Pilot.
>>
>>28565861
I'm an ANG Cyborg
>>
>>28565896
How did you end up joining? Just talk to a recruiter?
>>
File: I Hate Rubber Boots.jpg (74 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
I Hate Rubber Boots.jpg
74 KB, 1080x1080
Active duty army here. It's not bad. It's the easiest job you'll ever have but it will still be shitty somehow.

As for robot living in the Army it's pretty prevalent depending on the job. Almost everyone plays at least pleb video games. I see a group of guys playing Magic or Yugioh in the common building. If you like college style drinking that happens most weekends.

These days you should only have a single roommate with a private room.

All I do is drink beer, watch anime, and fuck my onahole. Life is sweet.
>>
>>28565955
Don't know how it works in the states but I applied online, got contacted very quickly although that might be because there's hardly anyone in the reserves at the moment and they are desperate for people.

I'm assuming you can apply online too but you'll probably have an interview with a recruiter who will ask you what roles you want to do, and based on your answers, will refer you to a unit somewhere.

He'll likely try to coax you into roles that are lacking in manpower like Drone Operators or Aircraft technician or something, but it's important to do what you want to do ultimately.
>>
Served in the army for 12 years. (United States army). My advice is do not join a combat field like I did, join a supply or medical team. Better quality of living and also people tend to leave you alone.
>>
OP here, did any of you take advantage of going back to school after you served or attending while you did? I do want to finish my degree whether it's in two years or seven, and part of the reason I want to serve is because of the education perks.
>>
>>28565861
If you can make it you can go into OCS
>Get to order around and get saluted by white trash and chads who would have bullied you
>Get paid almost twice as much as those people you are in charge of
>Get paid more than men who were in the army back when you were in high school
>Have older more experienced people salute you
>Bitches love a man in uniform
>Bitches love infantry even more
Joined the infantry as an officer after barely graduating college (studied mechanical engineering). I enjoy it, I'm pretty fit now and dumb people offer to buy meals and drinks for me despite the fact that I probably earn almost 10k more than them and have better benefits. Still too autistic to get a girlfriend but it wasn't like working as an engineer would have fixed that.

Even if you can't finish college join up as enlisted in the Navy or Air Force in something relating to your major (not sure about what related stuff you could find outside of STEM). Sometimes training can count towards college credits plus you still get the GI bill for after you leave the military making finishing college much easier.
>>
>>28566184
I'm computer science (probably not that surprising since I'm here), so I imagine that there would be relevant work in at least one branch.
>>
>>28566184
Not OP, but I was thinking of joining the Air Force as an officer working a healthcare admin job. How awful is OCS?
>>
What non-combat roles do they have for people who want to join the air force? Can you be a test pilot or a transporter? Also, if you didn't go to college, will you be able to work/fix planes and other aircraft equipment?

Do they have vintage WW2 aircraft or even retired aircraft available to fly?
>>
>>28566222
I mean I'm army infantry so I would assume that healthcare admin is pretty different but OCS probably isn't. Wasn't bad, took a few months, most of it covered leadership stuff. Outside of OCS itself I doubt I could help much, huge difference between army infantry and air force desk jobs.
>>
>>28565861
It's good stable work if you can put up with the brief stint in basic and the training period for your job. The vast majority of jobs aren't even combat related and you're not likely to see any action. The people vary greatly but they are generally ok as long as you at least try to be a decent human being and know when to take a hint. Go for it mate you'll learn some skills and it'll give you a few years to really think about what you want to do with life.
>>
>>28565861
Active duty E-4 SPC here on Terminal leave.
It was okay, could have been a lot better.
The big thing to get through is your basic training and job training, OP.
Once you get to the big army, depending on what your job is, could be a total cake walk for 4 years or a total nightmare.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.