[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's getting tougher to visit family because I'm such
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 25.jpg (57 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
57 KB, 550x366
It's getting tougher to visit family because I'm such a loser. When did it go so wrong?
>>
I stopped going to those family gatherings or even leaving me room when guests come over. I just hope that no one comes up to me to start talking. There's nothing I could talk about. Obviously you can't tell them the truth: that you want to die. That would actually be an excuse, but you must not tell anyone because it will only make things worse.
You just can't win. Everything you do only makes it worse. Not doing anything is the only approach, since it doesn't worsen things. Maintaining the painful status quo isn't something you can keep doing forever. I don't know what to do.
>>
I'm 29 and at every family gathering I am asked when I'm going to find a wife, settle down and have some kids.

I'm a drop out, virgin NEET.
>>
>>28565276

Do you actually want a wife? Do you think like you deserve one and could you see yourself in a relationship?

I know that I couldn't. Just picturing everyone's reaction if I brought a girlfriend/wife home makes me anxious. It's like one big pity parade.
>>
File: 1394753390303.png (74 KB, 458x535) Image search: [Google]
1394753390303.png
74 KB, 458x535
>>28565276
You aren't obvious enough loser. I'd say just be yourself since it works for me.
>>
27. So far my parents are immensely proud of me because I'm doing a PhD, and they assume the only reason I'm single and unemployed is because I'm too busy studying. So now that I'm done, their reactions over the next year will be interesting.
>>
>>28565594
Field?
Origimaldo
>>
>>28566360

Algorithmic game theory. Ie,, I don't have enough economics credentials to get into finance, nor enough computing credentials to get a programming job.
>>
I feel like I'm stagnating as a 25 year old.

I have an accounting bachelors, but I work some shit $17/hr Excel monkey job. I'm too socially anxious/quiet to have a real accountant job at a firm. I'm trying to study for the CPA exam, but I'm just too stupid to grasp these concepts anymore (I got my degree in my early 20s and have felt a huge decline in my intelligence the past three years). No friends. Obviously no gf. No life experiences.

I kind of feel like just joining the military so I can at least travel the world on the government's dime and do something new with my life.
>>
>>28565276
Well you are an obvious loser, and if you're going to keep going that way you'll end up being 'that one weird uncle who never married'. It's more jarring when you actually do well for yourself financially, have a career etc. and still no one has seen you with a girl ever. Not that being NEET is better, mind you.
>>
>>28566429
>some shit $17/hr Excel monkey job
I'd kill for a simple job like that
>>
>>28565231
>family gatherings
I don't even have those to go to. My immediate family has always been my parents. I see one set of grandparents every few months. Other than that, it can be years between seeing a family member.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a real family and see relatives other than 4 people.

I'm an only child. Not married. No kids. No pets. No desire for any of those things. Pretty much no attachment to anything.

Feels weird man.

And I'm exactly 25 and working hard in high school and college was a lie and I have no skills or social abilities after dedicating two decades plus of my life to what I was told to do.

It's kinda like I'm someone's failed experiment that got thrown out.
>>
>>28566443

IKTFB

I have friends, a job and a supportive family. So I cant relate to most of the anons on here. The one thing I can relate to though is total lack of success with women. I'm 30 now and its starting to look weird, people are realising that i'm not 'playing the field' and am in fact undateable.
>>
>>28566429
i'm 29 and stagnating.

i have two (admittedly useless) degrees - cultural studies (sociology/anthro) and business admin (with a focus on small business). i work as a cashier.

i have no real connections with people, so i can't move up. my resume looks like shit, and i don't know how to spin my shitty skils so i could get a better job.
>>
>>28566581
I'm also an only child, with parents who divorced young, extended family is all scattered and not very close. It really is shit, I have no real concept of what a family is like, and I feel like its a big part of why I'm so withdrawn and fucked up. I hate that this is a common way for kids to be raised now, its not healthy for them.
>>
>30
>Not a NEET or Virgin (reeeeeeeeeeee)
>Only ever had sex with desperate chubby/fat women from online dating
>Never had sex with a girl I actually like
>Always rejected by the girls I want
>Never had sex with the same girl more than once
>They assume i'm shit in bed
>Little do they know it's actually just my lack of experience.

It gets worse as you get older. By the time most women hit their 30s they've taken a cock more times than i've had hot dinners. So they expect me to also be a sexual pro, but the fact is i've only had sex a handful of times.
>>
Just turned 29 today. I dropped out high school & college. The only job I've ever had was stacking shelves.

My family just stopped asking me about relationships because they know I'm never going to amount to anything.

Can't remember the last time I went to a family gathering and they always end up the same.

>sit staring down at the table
>everyone else is talking
>catching up
>sharing stories
>it's a constant assault of noise that I can't block out
>once every so often my mum will lean over and ask if I'm alright
>lie and say yes

I'm a forever loser.
>>
>tfw 31yo looser, seen as achiever by plebs because science bitch
>tfw became wizard, drunk fat chick raped away my magic powers. Didn't even nut.
>tfw dead inside but people like me
>tfw normies think i'm happy

How much pain is enough?
>>
File: 1 feeel.png (46 KB, 253x294) Image search: [Google]
1 feeel.png
46 KB, 253x294
>>28567385
>once every so often my mum will lean over and ask if I'm alright
>lie and say yes
I know these feels too well
>>
Anyone 25+ have any goals here?
I've been on autopilot since 22/23 after becoming paralysed and have only stopped to think about it now at 26. I thought I just wanted a job related to my degree but after two years in such a position I realise I don't really care about pushing myself after the paralysis, everything feels bleak.
>>
>>28568905

I've been on auto pilot since I was like 15. You just wake up one day and a decade has gone by and you're still the same person. I never actually felt like I'm mentally different than when I was around 18

How'd you get paralysed famalam?
>>
>>28568905
Just turned 25 this week, I have no degree, I have a min wage job, and never before has the impulse to kill myself been so unremitting.
>>
>>28565063
I'm 32 neet. Haven't left my house in years. Parents stopped caring. I fucked up big time though. I took out loans to gamble with.Lost it all. I owe $10,000 due in two months. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>28565063
I'm 26. Never had a job and can't drive.Never had a cell phone Parents made me go to community college with the hope I can transfer to a university. I'm flunking out of community college. Is a minimum wage job with it honestly?
>>
>>28565276
Do you still live with your parents? How have they not forced you into a job?
>>
>>28565063

I need to be a loser to fit in with my family.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.