[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Talents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1462955758521.jpg (42 KB, 680x455) Image search: [Google]
1462955758521.jpg
42 KB, 680x455
Who here /notalents/?

>Had very easy home life growing up
>Never pressured to do ANYTHING other than "be good at school"
>Now 20 years old
>Can't play any instruments
>Can't sing
>Can't draw/paint or do any sort of visual arts
>Can't play any sports
>Have no skills whatsoever

Fuck this shit. Anyone who was ever majorly good at anything interesting started by the age of 13 at the very latest. The game is rigged towards normies who actually got music/art lessons or joined sports teams when they were young, and who weren't so depressed they couldn't bare to even set foot inside school.
>>
>>28564617
>Anyone who was ever majorly good at anything interesting started by the age of 13 at the very latest
that's wrong though
>>
looking back I wish my parents put me in piano class, baseball, the scouts or whatever the fuck normies do, we certainly could afford it.

but whatever. They were decent parents and I spent that time playing vidya. You could try learning a new language or something OP.
>>
do you think the problem could be being uncomfortable/impatient with being bad at things
>>
>>28564617
The best thing I did in life was forcing my parents to pay me for a bass course when I was 14. Learning to play an instrument was the best thing that happened to me. It's one of the only things in life that still make me happy.

Other than that, my mom was an english teacher, so she started teaching me english when I was like 3. Thanks to that, I was fluent around eleven. Also, it was much easier to learn the local language when we moved abroad. It's kinda pity I abandoned the japanese classes, since thanks to my mother I learn languages with no struggle
>>
>>28564717
Name me a single person who is both good at music/art/sport and very well known for it who did not start AT ALL until adulthood (18 or later).

People who started their talent young but didn't get famous until their 20s don't count. I'm talking about people who didn't put a single second into their talent until adulthood. You won't find one.

>>28564782
Not really. I don't know. In my mind the problem is just that I'm too late. When I was 13 I wasn't interested in fucking anything because I was too depressed and I only wanted to drown my sorrows in video games. Now I'm 20 and still depressed, but if I was in the mindset I am in now when I was in high school, I could have easily picked up a guitar or started casually playing football.
>>
>>28564782
I had this problem too. I was pretty smart kid, so I never had problems with school and I kind of didn't get used to things requiring effort.
>>
>>28564936
This was part of it. Coupled with a very relaxed home life making me too sensitive to struggle/needing to escape things.

But more than anything I think my problem was relentless and very personal bullying which absolutely destroyed my self-esteem. As a result I spent years thinking I was literal shit and that I was incapable of doing anything, because that's what bullies made me think.
>>
People tell me I'm a decent writer.

That's about it, not worth much.
>>
File: a.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>always liked to draw
>draw every day
>become 13
>depression hits
>18 now
>haven't picked up a pencil since

Fuck, my younger sister who was worse at drawing than me is now better all because she continued and I didn't.
>>
>>28565273
This to a certain extent.

Up until the age of 7 I would draw a lot, told everyone I wanted to be an artist, and I was super confident. Then it all evaporated and I became shy and reclusive.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.