[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 15
how do i get out of silver hell
>>
you stop being dogshit at the game
>>
>>28563113
if you have nothing to contribute gtfo
>>
really though, it's not that hard, just stop being terrible
>>
>turn off enhanced pointer precision in mouse settings
>watch guides and learn how to move properly
>find a comfortable sensitivity (start with 6/11, 2.0, 400 dpi)
>play more and add people you enjoyed playing with
>>
Getting out of silver is tough due to the sheer amount of shitters that could be on your team, and possible smurfs/hackers on the other. Best bet is to group up with people. Game is cancer otherwise.
>>
windows mouse settings literally do nothing, providing raw input is on. start working on mouse control, aim will 100% carry you to LE or above; also it will take far more hours to be half-decent at the game.
>>
i keep ranking up to silver elite master then rank down then rank up..
>>
nothing more you can do at this stage other than perfect the very basics, you'll rank up if you keep playing and stay patient
>>
>>28563099
I was stuck at silver 2 because of all the smurfs in silver who either destroy you on intentionally lose on your team to keep themselves from ranking up. I had a friend who intentionally deranked from gn 4 to something low enough to play with me. I'm at gn 1 right now because I played drunk a lot but the highest I was was gn 3. I didn't get better, I was just put against people who weren't smurfs. The system is broken, that's why they're trying that priority queuing thing.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_290 May. 14 15.40.jpg (30 KB, 656x266) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_290 May. 14 15.40.jpg
30 KB, 656x266
mg1 here
just practice your aim i was silver 1 when i started to play again
i lower my mouse sens and tweaked the game so i could feel comfy with resolution and all that mumbo jumbo and well just praticing with your aim alone should take you to iatleast nova 1
after that you need to learn smokes angles the maps and positioning
really you can go without all that until nova 3 or 2 but after that you got to learn it if not you will never leave those ranks
>>
File: 2016-05-14 22_05_23-Steam.png (80 KB, 626x304) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-14 22_05_23-Steam.png
80 KB, 626x304
LE here

Just play a lot of DM and figure out spray patterns ect..

I usually play solo queue since my friends are MG1 and I use my smurf account..

If you really care about the game and/or actually want to get good at it, then watch pro games and shit like that.
>>
File: Capture.png (184 KB, 516x173) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
184 KB, 516x173
step up fags
og
>>
File: dotas own rare pepe.jpg (16 KB, 570x942) Image search: [Google]
dotas own rare pepe.jpg
16 KB, 570x942
>playing csgo
>>
File: 20160514_175420.png (300 KB, 1440x833) Image search: [Google]
20160514_175420.png
300 KB, 1440x833
You idle and get a lot of hours, then it makes you feel more experienced so you play better

Source: idled all summer (still silver 3 though)
>>
>>28565500
dont a lot of people play csgo
>>
get a 144hz monitor op, the difference coming from 60hz is insane
>>
>>28566242
144hz will not make you a better player
>>
Fundamentals nigger,
>Aiming
>Map layouts
>Efficient money use
>Positioning
Don't even worry about advanced tactics, those aren't for you yet.
Don't get mad when you lose, don't blame your team and don't blame yourself, you're learning.

Originaldo prime post
>>
File: Untitled6.png (127 KB, 413x173) Image search: [Google]
Untitled6.png
127 KB, 413x173
I reached Gold Nova 2 after about 300 hours, been hanging out in the nova ranks since then. Had a tough time and lots of frustration trying to get out of silver too.

Some tips that worked for me... watch CSGO a lot. Frag vids, funny moments, pro matches, tutorials, all of it. Enjoy the material and soak it up. Watch your own matches after you play and pick up on what you did right and what you did wrong. Just try to learn about how to play the game. Where positions and callouts are, map control, grenades, shooting, how to take or defend a site, etc. Try different stuff, think critically about the flow of the game, where and how enemies have been playing so far, whether they'll buy or save or force buy like idiots every round, and tailor your strategy to that. Come up with your own little bag of trick strats, even simple ones like 'hide in a corner and ambush them when they aren't expecting it' or 'pop flash thru smoke CT P90 rush on terrorist save round' can get you triple sprays and win the round, or at least info on where the enemy is going.

Shooting imo isn't actually that important or difficult, just make sure you always play 2-3 rounds of deathmatch before going into competitive to warm up. Good strategy can do a lot to make up for poor shooting but there IS an execution barrier. A great sneak attack does nothing if you miss all your shots and die.

The absolute most important thing though is attitude. Seriously. You've gotta have the patience of a saint. Don't get salty because you'll start to grief and troll and throw games you could have won. Be the bigger man, no matter what try to always be nice and helpful and have fun playing the game. You've gotta kind of be a perfect in-game leader to play solo queue especially in silver. Direct your dumb idiot team, take advantage of them so you can bust ass and carry the game. Don't just do your part, always be the play maker and make the win YOUR responsibility.
>>
>>28566649
I'm not sure what a CS advanced tactic would even be. The game doesn't seem all that complicated to merit "advanced" tactics. Like... fnatic triple boost on overpass, or some autistic knowledge of how to smoke something from the other side of the map. Those aren't all that useful or practical though.
>>
File: 2016-05-14_19-06-29.png (58 KB, 623x190) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-14_19-06-29.png
58 KB, 623x190
650 or so hours on CSGO, dropped it a long time ago
LEM, not much effort put in
Played CSS since around 2007, played CSGO since beta
About 200 hours from that 650 was just me trying to trade for profit

Post top hours instead
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-14+at+07.10.19).jpg (12 KB, 404x96) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-14+at+07.10.19).jpg
12 KB, 404x96
>thinking 500 hours is a lot
>>
>>28566959
It is a lot, no matter which way you cut it.
>>
>>28566875
They are useful and practical though. Having an area smoked before pushing into it or providing a smoke for your team while you lurk is better than having to peak and throw a smoke, risking getting picked while throwing it.
>>
File: casual.png (60 KB, 284x148) Image search: [Google]
casual.png
60 KB, 284x148
>>28566959
Fuckin casual
I've seen 12,000 hours so I expect to see like 7k in this thread now.
>>
>>28563224

This.

I was stuck S4/SE for about 2 months. Started Q'ing up with a bunch of other SEM/GN1 and not only held my own, but mid-to-second-to-top fragged each game. Got SEM and then GN1 very quickly.

What sucks is getting cued up with 4 randos who have no idea how to communicate. If the other team has a smurf (which is common around S4 to Silver Elite), you're gonna get rekt, which is horrible when they have a S3 or something on the opposite team because your rank will suffer even more. I rarely Solo-Q anymore.
>>
>>28566959
>Dotards think that hours in asian clicking simulator matters in an fps
>>
>>28567085
I stopped playing 4 years ago
>>
File: image.jpg (296 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296 KB, 2048x1536
>>28563099
I regret nothing.
Except playing CS
>>
>>28567095
I'm a solo player and I think I'm better for it. A solo player's gotta dominate other players at their rank and carry games consistently to rank up. Forget just holding your own.
>>
File: e465e54726[1].png (149 KB, 630x464) Image search: [Google]
e465e54726[1].png
149 KB, 630x464
I can't gather enough energy and time to play vidya anymore
>>
STEP UP

I stopped playing tho
>>
>>28567285
Oh was this supposed to be a CS:GO thread?
I am sorry
>>
Add me up r9k gamers /id/iloveharuhi
I was supreme in mm but I haven't played it in 3 or 4 months
>>
File: ham17.jpg (108 KB, 710x960) Image search: [Google]
ham17.jpg
108 KB, 710x960
yo if anyone wants to hang out or talk shit together add me up /id/tfwstillnoqtgf/
>>
Forget skill a sec. Priority #1, play with a 5-man team you can talk to. Learn the damn callouts if you haven't already. Figure out a system of communication within your team that works regardless of how shit tier you are. If you can do those things then congrats, you now have access to a resource that 90% of silvers don't. Beating them at this point should be cake.

>inb4 don't have any m80s to play with
>literally just queue in some games and when you find someone who speaks your language and cooperates add them and ask them to join you, if they're silver too they'll gladly do it

In terms of skill or if you're too much of an autist to get some internet buddies, jump into an aim map. Use only the AK and practice flicking and nailing consistent shots on stationary targets. After that, go into a headshots-only deathmatch server. DON'T be tempted to pick up an smg and run and gun, stay with the AK (once you learn it the M4 is ez). You will suck ass and die a lot but keep at it. Do not semi-auto tap like a scrub, learn the spray pattern 'til you can get a tight cluster on a wall while blindfolded, so that you can take that first accurate shot at someone's head, but if it misses, you can drop into a spray and still get them. Once you find your rhythm in one of these servers, playing in regular servers will feel easier IF you stick with that technique.

On top of aim, you can place yourself leagues above other silvers by learning how to not be a fucking mong whilst playing the game. Watch videos and copy the moves they make. Fucking think about a decision before you make it instead of shoving your dick down the barrell of an AWP. Do not cum in your pants and expect that running and spraying with a MAC-10 down A long is going to work. It fucking isn't.

Learn things like smoke throws and different buy strats. Think about what your opponents are going to buy considering previous rounds. GENUINELY consider what you would do in the enemy's position.

Don't get salty.
>>
for the most part CS;GO has ruined all other games for me, I dont enjoy most of my other games as much anymore :/
>>
>>28567407
Shut up nerd.

Nobody cares about your dumb strategies.
>>
>>28563099
The trick is to play with friends and practice a lot. Friends will carry you. Unless their shit
>>
I don't understand when people say they're "trying to rank up". Matchmaking isn't perfect, but it's really good at keeping you at whatever rank you should be at. If you're unhappy with your rank for some reason, just keep playing the game - you'll get better, and you'll rank up naturally. If you never rank up and you're not enjoying the game, just stop playing. It's not going to be fun for everybody.
>>
>>28567589
>that feel when you get a hard fought tie and finally realize you really are at your correct rank
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.