[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /writing/ here? How do I begin to write, throughout school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Stipula_fountain_pen.jpg (350 KB, 3072x2050) Image search: [Google]
Stipula_fountain_pen.jpg
350 KB, 3072x2050
Who /writing/ here? How do I begin to write, throughout school people always complimented my writing skills as one of my talents. Thing is, I really hate writing. But I've got nothing else going for me, so how do I even get started?
>>
>>28563082
I finished writing my book a few weeks ago, but I'm trying to make a few short stories to generate interest and because nobody wants to read a book by some unpublished dingus.
I'd say just start out writing small stuff to generate ideas, and don't be afraid to delete the bad shit
>>
>>28563082
Nothing? (most original comment)
>>
>>28563722
Since you responded I'll ask you. How do you plan out a story, like I don't usually have any idea of what to write and if I did, how would I plan it out?
>>
>>28563722
Three years on and off man.
>>
>>28563722
You're more likely to get readers if you make your book free. There is a way to do that on Amazon if you don't know how. Then later, once you have some reviews, and rank better, you could take it off free.
>>
I want to begin writing too!
>>
As a teacher, it's common practice to tell kids who stink at everything that they're good at writing.
>>
>>28563885
OP here, nah I've actually gotten a few awards out of it. And I usually get pretty alright grades, but I don't like writing but it's "supposedly" what I'm best at so who knows.
>>
>>28563082
A female friend of mine said I had dick sucking lips (as a compliment apparently), and I'm a man.
And while I've never sucked a dick, I'm positive that would not enjoy it very much.

Should I start sucking dicks just because I might have amazing dick sucking lips? Hell no...

Besides, I think people abuse the word "talent". People become good at something because they spend a lot of time and hard work on it. And they do that because they're passionate and love doing it.
>>
>>28563742
I usually just have a start and am ending ready to go, and I'll probably have a few characters I want to include, but other than that I just kind of wing it. I like seeing how I can get a story to get from the beginning to the ending
>>
DIE OP DIE

>No one can advise or help you - no one. There is only one thing you should do. Go into yourself. Find out the reason that commands you to write; see whether it has spread its roots into the very depths of your heart; confess to yourself whether you would have to die if you were forbidden to write. This most of all: ask yourself in the most silent hour of your night: must I write? Dig into yourself for a deep answer. And if this answer rings out in assent, if you meet this solemn question with a strong, simple "I must", then build your life in accordance with this necessity; your whole life, even into its humblest and most indifferent hour, must become a sign and witness to this impulse.
>>
>>28563915
You've got a point, but any time I write I just kinda shit it out and people like it. If anything, it would be a waste to not seek it out at the very least, no?
>>
>>28563937
Well I don't really care if I stopped writing. So I guess I will give up then...
>>
Tap into your soul and let the words flow.
>>
>>28563902
bro those scare quotes are superfluous

also the best way to start writing is to write
>>
>>28564006
>scare quotes
Huh, I am a shitty writer. I'll kill myself.
>>
>>28563944
I'm sure a lot of guys would enjoy me sucking their dicks too. I wouldn't exactly enjoy the experience though.

Perhaps your talent is not sitting with a pen and paper and writing stories. You might as well just have a linguistic talent. Perhaps you'd make a great comedian. Or maybe you have a talent for learning new languages.

But I wouldn't recommend doing shit you dont enjoy just to get compliments
>>
>>28564055
True people do find me funny. You know, I wouldn't like writing creative stories, but I would love to write for TV.
>>
Make no mistake about it. A lot of famous writers are comparatively normalshit to us. What I mean is that they have had girlfriends, wives, consistent friendships, social skills, jobs, etc. They have a foundation of basic confidence, a well of self-worth to draw from.

Where we are withered out husks, failures at life and love, and we look to writing as salvation. In a sense, writing can save you. But it will be very difficult to overcome your intrinsic self-hatred that will often extend to your writing. Not much else to do except force yourself through it.
>>
>>28564088
Start watching stand-up comedians like Louis CK. He was a writer for Conan O'Brien.
And of course, watch sketch comedies like Key & Peele.
Maybe that could serve as an inspiration for you to start writing sketches. And if that interest grows, buy a camera, get some friends, and film them doing stupid shit in your back yard or something
>>
I want to write stories that make people happy.
I think I would put them on a blog, something I could make for free and could be read for free.
But I'm hesitant because I know nobody would read it. I don't even think there's really an audience for it.
>>
>>28564261
I already do those two things lol. But yeah, that certainly intrigues me quite a bit.
>>
>>28564781
i'd read your happy stories anon. do you have any that you want to share?
>>
>>28564829
So far all I've written are a couple poorly written horror stories in a notebook.
I guess I also didn't mention I have no experience writing happy stories. What can I read to get experience in that area? I suppose I could go read children's books at the library.
>>
>>28564792
Then the next step is to actually start fucking doing it. If you have time to sit on 4chan, you have time to take up a pen and start writing something. And when you realized that what you wrote fucking sucked, then good for you, you just realized that something you wrote didn't work. Now write another shitty script. And then maybe you'll write something that's merely bad.
And eventually you'll be writing mediocre crap, and occasionally pretty decent stuff.

And before you know it, you'll be pretty good.

Now shut down 4chan and good luck with ya
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.