[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies hate being called normies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1463218617774.jpg (40 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1463218617774.jpg
40 KB, 640x628
Why do normies hate being called normies?
>>
>>28562055
They're not like the other girls
>>
>>28562055
Most normies have no idea that you call them normies. They have their own lives they are busy with.
And the normies that do know about it, either laugh it off or don't care.
>>
>>28562077
You're a normy.
You identify with this herd.
>>
Because for some inexplicable reason they think they can fit in with robots and really just hate being called out on it.
>>
I'm not a normie. People call me a normie here because I'm not a virgin. I don't really hate being called a normie. I just love sperging out at people that do. I will argue with them as long as they will engage me. I want them to give up and begin to understand that there's not a normal functioning human being at the other end, but instead the kind of person who used to go into digimon and dragonball z chatrooms and spam that this shit sucks and everyone should be watching pokemon instead. I want them to know that on the other end, somewhere out there, is a manchild that delights in being REEEEE'd at and told to get out, then telling them they can't make him. Unbeknownst to them every time they do it they derail a thread and make me the center of attention.
>>
It's actually quite simple. Normies detest being called normies as it makes them feel as though they're not unique. Now this sounds hypocritical since normies follow social trends more than anyone. Whilst this is true, if there are a million other people just like you then you need to find some way of standing out from the crowd.

This is why you see normies who call themselves 'nerds' for watching marvel flicks or playing games as they're trying to differentiate themselves as much as possible from those around them whilst still adhering to their social norms of what's cool and what's not.

Normies thus hate being called normie as it reminds them that despite all their efforts, there is literally nothing unique about them. And they despise this.
>>
>>28562183
Partly this. Normies hate feeling excluded from any group, even if they have nothing in common with them.
>>
>>28562195
>because I'm not a virgin

getting raped by your uncle in 3rd grade doesn't count anon
>>
File: image.png (19 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
19 KB, 620x400
>>28562157
>You're a normy
>a normy
>normy
>>
File: 1234567.jpg (9 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1234567.jpg
9 KB, 228x221
FUCKING NORMANS

GET OFF MY BOARD

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
>>
>>28562317
Nah I've got a girlfriend. I've had a few. It's super easy to troll on /r9k/, you can do the same things over and over and people are completely fucking oblivious to it. It used to be things like chad here, femanon here, now I can just slip the fact that I've got a girlfriend into any post to bait people.

Robots always talk about how I couldn't possibly relate but I understand them better than they understand themselves. Not only have I been through the same shit they have I also overcame a lot of it. They are trying to emulate the people that tormented them in school, feeling if they can divide and conquer they will have some sort of power here. On the other hand I'm doing literally the same thing, using them as surrogates for the assholes that bullied me throughout my time in school. I don't let them hold any sway over me emotionally, why would I? I see through their bullshit and I laugh at them. The wizardchan rules don't apply here and the only thing they can do is whine and complain that I'm still here.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.