[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cope knowing that you will never ever fight in a real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: warrior.gif (14 KB, 182x228) Image search: [Google]
warrior.gif
14 KB, 182x228
How do you cope knowing that you will never ever fight in a real war or be a real warrior, because all wars nowadays are just shams that will profit a few rich old men?

I nearly joined the army not too long ago. Now I am so glad that I didn't go and spill my blood for some wealthy Chad family.
>>
>>28560212
enlist when your country is being invaded
or become a terrorist, or a mercenary
>>
Good? Wars are horrible.
>>
the only war I would want to fight in would be one to protect my local city block. otherwise I could not care any less
>>
BACK TO YEAR ZERO!

LONG LIVE THE SPIRITS OF 71', 17', 33' AND 75'!
>>
>>28560212
OP, buy a sword @ board and adventure
>>
>>28560212
>fight for Earl Ceadda the bold in a succession dispute with his older brother
>he loses and you die in battle
>a..at leeast I didn't spill my blood for some wealthy Chad family
>>
File: crusader of feels wojak.png (49 KB, 226x244) Image search: [Google]
crusader of feels wojak.png
49 KB, 226x244
>people used to fight for what they believed in, even if they didn't have the resources to properly sustain their troops
>they also fought for resources and land, to help sustain their people, heritage, and culture
>now the wars are just to gain money and resources for the godless rich people that control most of the country
if the soldiers of previous historical wars were to see this, how do you think they would react?
>>
>>28560548

>people used to fight for what they believed in

You're not talking any earlier than 1871. People in the middle ages fought for their lives or because their lord told them to, or, rarely, they took the cross, but that wasn't so common.

The idea of fighting for what you believe in, without official sanction, is bretty modern. Before modern times, partisans were killed on sight and considered scum.
>>
>>28560618
either way, the time when people fought for what they believed in was pretty damn short
>>
>>28560212
how do i cope?

i start browsing /polfront/ and join all the stormfags
>>
>>28560212
sometimes I daydream about giving up the world and volunteering for anti-ISIS Kurds or fight Russia in Ukraine, but then I remember that today's war is about dying in a rocket attack from nowhere.
>>
>>28560923

Short, sure, but a mythic time nonetheless.

If anyone can name an era more bloody, dynamic and glorious than the seventy-odd years between the Paris Commune and the nuking of Japan, then I'd like to hear it.
>>
>tfw you don't live in a high fantasy world
>you will never dedicate years to learning about magic so you can be a hardcore sorcerer
>you will never meet a non-human
>you will never become a knight fighting for honor and glory
>tfw the closest you can get is using a flamethrower to burn down a village full of people because Uncle Schmekel said so.
>>
File: 1437062453168.jpg (331 KB, 1743x2138) Image search: [Google]
1437062453168.jpg
331 KB, 1743x2138
>You will never prove yourself in battle

Why live though.
>>
>>28561832
>you will never dedicate years to learning about magic so you can be a hardcore sorcerer

But anon, sorcerers are born with innate magical abilities. You mean a wizard.
>>
>>28561938
Damn, okay true. I didn't know that distinction.
>>
I don't know about wars but before the wagecucking people actually had more free time.
>>
>>28560212
>le ebin wars used to mean something meme
Wars are fucking stupid, no matter what time period you were in. Stop trying to romanticize shit.
Also, I don't know why everyone is convinced that if you join the military you're automatically going to die or kill someone. First, it's peacetime right now, nothing is happening. Second, you're not guaranteed to deploy. Third, I doubt any of the pussies on here would be in a combat MOS.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.