[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide to go for a PhD degree in 2014 >leave my home country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 4G8cua5Y_400x400.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
4G8cua5Y_400x400.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>decide to go for a PhD degree in 2014
>leave my home country to come to Denmark
>life ever since has been shit
>wake up
>work my ass off
>return late back home
>sleep
>rinse and repeat

I have 0 friends here. All my friends are in my home country (Italy). I have had almost 0 human contact outside the university settings.

I hate my fucking life here.
>>
but think about that cool PHD you'l have in a couple years time.
>>
>>28556954
>intelligent enough for a phd
>still whines like a little bitch

get fucked
>>
My PhD years were also the worst of my life. But my defence is in a month, so it will be over soon.

The awful night is gone. What lay before, we can't remember.
>>
>>28557009
good luck bro, I can only imagine how many sleepless days you had to go through to get here...
>>
If you get a PhD though you are pretty much unemployable. Unless you want to work in university on 12 month contacts until you have a mental breakdown
>>
>>28556980
im not whining dude... i am just fucking tired

i just want to live my god damn life but cant with all the fucked up deadlines on the way
>>
>>28557046

That's the impression I'm getting, yeah. I'm starting to think I'd be better off taking that off my CV and claiming I spent three years NEETing around.
>>
>>28557056
I like research, I don't care about the title. I will continue doing research after graduation.
>>
>>28557096
Haha I'm only joking really, achieving that level of qualification in a foreign country would be a big draw for employers
>>
File: wq3er.jpg (53 KB, 540x533) Image search: [Google]
wq3er.jpg
53 KB, 540x533
>all these normalfags

what happened to r9k?
>>
>>28557151

The bell curve has two tails, NEETcuck. And neither has gfs.
>>
>>28557151
what makes you think that phds are normal?
>>
>>28556980
>phd
>intelligent

lol

Intelligent people start up business which become successful in a few years of time, they don't study 30 years to hope and this is especially true in italy, retire at 90.
>>
>>28556954
How the hell can you not have tons of friends as an Italian in academica in Denmark? You should be the only socially competent person in a 200-mile radius.

Have you tried dancing?
>>
>>28557328
yes and those who dont start up business are obviously dumb fucks
>>
>moving to Denmark

Ya dun goofed OP

Nobody in Denmark wants to get to know new people. Everyone has their own circles of friends they have had for a lifetime. You should have gone to the US instead senpai. Scandinavians are cold toward strangers
>>
>be 26

>have master's degree, live in Ohio

>can't decide if I want to take up this PhD program in my hometown or move to Chicago and start a new life there
>>
>>28557354
lmfao
>>28557294
this. most academics are complete robots
>>28557328
capitalistcuck
>>
why would anyone need a phd degree these days?
>>
Honestly a PhD is completely useless, especially if it's in humanities and not a niece subject. It's a waste of 3 years; most people I knew were doing it for the doctor title. Reality is if you want to stay in academia and earn shit pay and write books which most likely no one will care about, go ahead but then don't cry about it when you realise that you've cucked yourself.
>>
>>28558981
*niche
>>
>>28558981
i do a phd in theoretical computer science

i do it because it's fun, i dont give a shit about the money
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.