[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nobody has any sympathy for your mental illness When did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
File: 1451492292186.png (253 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451492292186.png
253 KB, 640x480
>Nobody has any sympathy for your mental illness
When did you realize that nobody actually cares?

For me it was when the paramedic said I need to stop wallowing in self pity and just hang out with my friends or girlfriend
>>
Yeah people generally dont give a fuck about you or me
>>
When normies and tumblrinas decided to use mental illness as a way of trying to mark themselves as special snowflakes
>>
>>28556045
What mental illness do you have?

I have pretty bad social anxiety but my normie mum keeps on telling me that I can be super confident and happy if I believe in myself. I'm not mentally ill but even so it's annoying how my parents and other people can only think in their own viewpoint
>>
>>28556045
Well, I guess I might have some problems but I hide them so no one put me in an psychiatric ward.
But it's sometimes hard to hide, I have so many hallucinations I don't know what is real and not.
>>
>>28556080
And you can only think in your own viewpoint, apparently. How are you any better?
>>
>>28556105
I tried to do what they told me but it failed every time. And it's not like I go around telling people to stay in their house because the world is bad. They're the ones trying to shove their lifestyle down my throat.
>>
>>28556135
>I tried to do what they told me but it failed every time
That doesn't mean you should give up.

>They're the ones trying to shove their lifestyle down my throat.
Maybe because it's normal? It's to be expected.
>>
>>28556080
>What mental illness do you have?
Some kind of depression and probably some other things

Nobody gives a fuck and they never will. Mental illness is a complete joke. Nobody will ever actually have sympathy for you.
>>
>>28556170
>Nobody will ever actually have sympathy for you.
They will if you're a likeable person. Of course they're not going to have sympathy for you otherwise.
>>
>>28556192
But that's the issue.

Real mental illness is going to make people undesirable but its that real mental illness that people have less sympathy for than some attractive girl with mild social anxiety, talking about how difficult it is to live her life.
>>
>tfw autistic and everyone makes fun of you for it on the internet

just know that no one picks on me in real life because they know they'd get beaten up. you little faggots are lucky there's an internet barrier between us.
>>
>>28556156
People other than parents only say that kind of stuff to feel good about themselves for doing a 'good deed'. Nobody really gives a shit.
>>
>>28556156

>normal = good

kys
>>
>>28556223
>Real mental illness is going to make people undesirable
Not at all. Most mentally ill people, at least the types of mental illness so many here profess to have, i.e., depression & anxiety, are not repulsive pieces of shit like so many on /r9k/. IRL I've only met one person with such an illness who was genuinely unlikable.

>but that's not REAL mental illness, muh no true Scotsman
>>
OP the problem is that you are ultimately responsible for yourself. Even if you can get sympathy or pity it's ultimately worthless. The best thing you're going to get out of this is government assistance.

Yes, I am well aware, you didn't chose to be the way you are. Worse yet you're competing for attention with people who made their own problems, people that got where they are by making poor choices. But your anger at those people is ultimately just as worthless as the pity or sympathy you wished you were getting.

It's up to you to make things better. How I don't fucking know. Could be a combination of not being ashamed to google all the public assistance and even charities you can and putting the wheels in motion. Could be getting a fucking hobby. Doing both won't hurt. But as someone who has been through it and bottomed out more than once I wish you the best of luck.
>>
>>28556274
It's a spectrum, you fucking mongloid

The depression I felt in school isn't anything to the depression I feel now.

There are people I met in the ward who have bipolar or schizo and went untreated all their life. They turned to hard drugs. Normalfags will never understand that, they have no sympathy for these people when they start acting mean because they have this idea that there are mentally ill people who get over it so it must be the same for everyone.

Even the nurses in the ward would moan when a legless guy asked to be helped into the bathtub so he could have his weekly bathe.

Nobody actually fucking cares about you. Everybody only cares where you're at.
>>
>>28556373
We're not talking about bipolar and schizos. I understand you're 100% right when it comes to them.

For people with depression and anxiety, that's not an excuse for being a shitty human being. Can it make it harder to get a job and be a productive member of society? Yes. It does not excuse one being a bitter, unlikable cunt who does nothing to improve his situation, however. Take OP, for instance. Has he tried hanging out with friends?
>>
ADHD.
Just doing it is hard. Weird huh?
>>
>>28556308
being responsible for yourself isn't a "problem", check to make sure what you're saying is making sense.

i think the fact that no one gives a shit about anyone is an actual problem these days.
>>
my 5 year self-medicating benzo addiction

all i'm prescribed are 80mg propranolol sr and 100mg amitriptyline
>>
>>28557665
Well it means that everybody else thinks it's not important to give a shit about you, so by your own definition it's a problem right?
>>
>>28557684
being responsible for self and other people's lack of care are two separate things.
>>
>>28557736
But they overlap. You have to be responsible for yourself as a direct result of other people's lack of care.
>>
>>28556156

>normal
>expected

What kind of a tool lives their life based on societal expectations? Society used to expect niggers to drink from a separate water fountain; was it a good idea to lynch one back in the 40's if you saw one step out of line?
>>
>>28556373

To be fair, in my experience people only care about others when they are highly desirable in some way. Usually that means some combo of looks, money, fame/prestige. Occasionally someone falls in love due to circumstances and sees past a person's deal-breaker-tier faults but that's rare.

It's also borne from ignorance though, not just indifference. Normies really don't understand social anxiety, and interpret unsocial people as being purposely cold. Just the other day I was helping a student (I teach upper elementary) who had very few social skills and clearly had bad social anxiety, and the normie who was with me was getting visibly angry when the anxious student started shutting down after being encouraged repeatedly to go talk to a kid across the room. I knew EXACTLY how she felt and thus was able to help her talk to the person without just telling her "b urself :)". But I think the normie just didn't understand what was happening in the girl's mind and interpreted it as being obstinate. I have similar experiences, and it's always normies and always getting bitter because they misinterpret my motivations.
>>
>>28556045

You're not to think you are anything special.
You're not to think you are as good as we are.
You're not to think you are smarter than we are.
You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are.
You're not to think you know more than we do.
You're not to think you are more important than we are.
You're not to think you are good at anything.
You're not to laugh at us.
You're not to think anyone cares about you.
You're not to think you can teach us anything.
>>
>>28556045
The problem is, we don't know much about mental illnesses and how to really treat them. People tend to shrug off things they don't understand.
>>
>>28556045
I go to a mental day hospital and they all seem care
It feels like having friends
>>
>>28556045

>paramedic
>mental illness

Why did you call an ambulance on yourself over a fake disease used to sell pharmaceuticals to healthy people?
>>
>>28558380
Do you have any proof or do you just have a psychosis?
>>
If they had sympathy for you and gave you special treatment, then you'd probably bitch about it.
>>
>>28558380

>fake disease

What I love about this argument is that it completely redefines what a "disease" is for the sake of being able to dismiss certain classes of them. A disease is purely defined by humans. If humans define having an index finger longer than a ring finger as digitonomia or some shit, it is a disease whether you accept it or not.

Feel free to think mental illness is not as impactful as is claimed, or that it can be treated easily, but it's objectively wrong to say it's not a "disease". It's just as wrong as saying ring theory is "not real math"--ALL of math is defined by humans specializing in that field, so it's either all real or none of it is.
>>
Paramedics aren't there to deal with mental illnesses. They're for handling urgent physical problems that would kill a person if they don't get stabilised and treated immediately.
>>
A really long time ago. Normies cannot contemplate what it's like not to be like them and naturally assume that anyone else is either faking it or some sort of sub-human animalistic like being anyway.
>>
>>28558417
>>28558478

Axis 3 of the DSM used to make psychiatric diagnoses is specifically there to rule out "physical" illnesses. Think about that for a while.
>>
>>28558554

I don't quite get what you're saying. Physical illnesses are real and mental ones aren't?
>>
>>28558575

Why aren't these "mental" illnesses treated by neurologists?
>>
>>28558597
because a neurologist deals with the nervous system
>>
>>28558597

How about you come out and make an argument instead of throwing out vague one-liners?
>>
>>28558650

Which physical part of the human body generates mental activity?
>>
>>28556045
Everything in society is based on the idea that free will is actually thing. The ignorant pleb majority on some level assume that everyone else experience reality like they do which puts outliers like people with "odd" personalities or mental disorders/illnesses in a pretty bad spot.
People will literally get angry at you for having a low base mood/energy levels which is essentially the same as getting angry at someone for their bad climbing when they were born with crippled legs.

tl;dr: monkeybrain see no problem with eyes - problem no exist yes?
>>
>>28558668
When are you going to post scientific evidence
>>
>>28556101
Lol mate you know they can just give you meds for that shit, right? This is a very easy problem to fix.
>>
>>28558709

Other than schizophrenia I don't know of any mental illness that is "easily" treated long-term by anything, including meds.
>>
>>28558597
>Overlap with psychiatry
>Further information: Psychoneuroimmunology and Neuropsychiatry

>Although mental illnesses are believed by many to be neurological disorders affecting the central nervous system, traditionally they are classified separately, and treated by psychiatrists. In a 2002 review article in the American Journal of Psychiatry, Professor Joseph B. Martin, Dean of Harvard Medical School and a neurologist by training, wrote that "the separation of the two categories is arbitrary, often influenced by beliefs rather than proven scientific observations. And the fact that the brain and mind are one makes the separation artificial anyway".[14]

>Neurological disorders often have psychiatric manifestations, such as post-stroke depression, depression and dementia associated with Parkinson's disease, mood and cognitive dysfunctions in Alzheimer's disease and Huntington disease, to name a few. Hence, there is not always a sharp distinction between neurology and psychiatry on a biological basis. The dominance of psychoanalytic theory in the first three quarters of the 20th century has since then been largely replaced by a focus on pharmacology.[citation needed] Despite the shift to a medical model, brain science has not advanced to the point where scientists or clinicians can point to readily discernible pathologic lesions or genetic abnormalities that in and of themselves serve as reliable or predictive biomarkers of a given mental disorder.
>>
>depressed for 5+ years
>think about suicide in calm logical manner frequently
>dad rages at me for being "lazy"
>gets even madder when i try to explain I am not lazy and actually would like to do things but can't find the motivation or purpose
>stop trying to explain anything
>another step closer to embracing the infinite darkness
>>
Mental illness is just a physical decline in health affecting the psych, and it's very often reversible. It's caused by any combination of nutrient deficiency, environmental toxicity, drugs, negative thinking patterns and stress (including psychological trauma).

As I say, it can nearly always be quite rapidly reversed. The problem is that modern medical care is primitive as fuck, and the best socially accepted "modern" treatment is to try to shut off the symptoms as much as possible without addressing the root cause.
>>
>>28558784
this post is gay and you should continue to feel bad.
>>
>>28559066
Clearly underage.

Like anyone cares about you or your opinion.
>>
>>28556045
stop being depressed bro wtf

Just go with ur friends somewhere and get a gf
How hard can it be? You must be fuckin lazy and useless if you haven't got a gf by 16
>>
>>28556234
ty for allowing me to express amusement at this post on this shit day
>>
>>28558709
I'm the guy you answered and I hate meds, I don't use them even if I have an headache or stomach pain.
As long as I didn't made them myself, I don't trust in them.
For the psy, I'm grooming one of my cousin to become psychiatrist, I know him and I could see if he get corrupted quite easily.
I don't want to have somewhere some datas about my problems.
>>
>>28558747
He sounds like he's describing just that, though. Then again, I'm retarded so maybe he has something else.
>>
File: 1457391153544-2.png (71 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1457391153544-2.png
71 KB, 720x960
>>28556045
>When did you realize that nobody actually cares?
>When

Most people wouldn't give a fuck even if you were starving to death naked on a street.

Why do you believe you should get sympathy for some joke-tier "illness"?
>>
Stop craving for sympathy and attention. You are like a fucking woman.
>>
I honestly think I'd be better off dead

my very existence in nothing but a bother or a source of shame
>>
>>28556045
You're living in the first time in human history where mental illness is taken somewhat seriously. Be thankful that at least some people will treat you with respect.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.