[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking about getting into self-harm. What type do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: 1456542759950.jpg (89 KB, 928x1280) Image search: [Google]
1456542759950.jpg
89 KB, 928x1280
I'm thinking about getting into self-harm. What type do you recommend?
>>
Just keep living and telling yourself it'll all be okay. That's how i self harm.
>>
>>28555566
Work.

smoke.

drink.
>>
>>28555566
I recommend self immolation
>>
>>28555591
not intense enough
>>
>>28555566
Being liberal is a good way to harm yourself and your culture.
>>
>>28555566
Obesity. Overeating is fun.
>>
I hate cutting so I punch myself in the face strongly. It leaves me nicely numb.
>>
File: 1447665354791.png (610 KB, 666x720) Image search: [Google]
1447665354791.png
610 KB, 666x720
Burning yourself is pretty nice.
I haven't done it in over a year, but I'm drunk and I'm feeling almost nostalgic for the feeling so I'm probably going to do it a bunch after everyone goes to bed.
>>
>>28555665
see >>28555650

I want something that will let me express my self-hatred in a time efficient way. I've been hitting myself in the head and it works kinda well but I was wondering if there was a better way.
>>
File: 1456085063334.gif (672 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
1456085063334.gif
672 KB, 250x232
>>28555566
>getting into self-harm

It's not really like an exclusive country club or something. If you're asking people how to self harm it almost sounds like you're doing it for attention, or as a cry for help. Not that I can speak for you or anyone, but I only ever self harmed when I was (for lack of a better word) enraged by my pathetic nature; it was like I was on autopilot and could only watch myself do it until my anger subsided.

That said, if you're asking about it, it's probably not too late for you to turn back. Trust me anon, it's not a road you want to willingly go down. If you want, we can talk.

Chill out, and have a dancing skelly.
>>
>>28555671
Yeah cutting seems like a meme. I've been hitting the top and back of my head, I'll try the face next time.
>>
Scarification. Been thinking about it myself.
>>
>>28555683
Smoking works for me.
>socially acceptable
>calms you down
>gives you the satisfaction of slowly killing yourself if you're too much of a pussy to kill yourself
>the burn in your throat hurts at first, but becomes refreshing
>>
>>28555697
Yeah just don't hit too up so you don't give yourself a blue-eye(people tend to notice that). Also usually your jaw will hurt the next day, but that's okay.
>>
>>28555695
>for attention
Definitely not. It wouldn't even really be possible; I almost never interact with people.
>enraged by my pathetic nature
That's a good description.
>Trust me anon, it's not a road you want to willingly go down.
Ehh, I only hate myself every now and then, not constantly. I think I'll be able keep it at a casual level. And frankly, if nothing else, my overall avoidance of committing and making an effort make it unlikely that I will go overboard.
>>
Smoke.
It makes you feel good, not in a "I love the pain" kind of way, in an actual enjoyable sense. Also, it doesn't leave marks for people to ask stupid questions about.
>>
File: 1456644520733.gif (559 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1456644520733.gif
559 KB, 540x540
>>28555777
I think it's at least good you have perspective. I too don't really feel it too often, but if I think about it too hard for too long, it becomes too much. At least TRY to improve yourself before you punish yourself. Give yourself a chance to prove your self-hating nature wrong. It might not mean a lot from a stranger on the internet, but I remember when I was in your position and I wish I gave myself a break. Don't want to see the same happen to you, dude.
>>
>>28555712
>>28555779
It'd be a hassle hiding it from people if I ever stop being a shut in, but I'll guess that won't ever happen anyway. Still doesn't seem like my kind of thing but reducing my life expectancy does sound enticing.
>>28555815
>At least TRY to improve yourself before you punish yourself.
For how long? succeedsocially.com says it takes 3 years to turn yourself normal if you work hard and I can't imagine I'd be able make that kind of effort without any immediate gains. And if I tried to interact with people but failed completely and gave up before I saw any rewards I would certainly hate my self MORE.
>>
>>28555566
The fatal kind one.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 335x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 335x441
>>28555566
Anal destruction!

Ori
>>
>>28555566
Don't

Just don't start

t. someone who got stitches in their face last night from cutting
>>
>>28556119
I've already said I'm not gonna cut myself. And if there's people who can drink or smoke weed at a functional levels it must be possible to self harm in a reasonable way.
>>
Cutting is old school retarded but it feels nice and you have a visible reminder of the reason you did it, whether it was a good reason or not. All of mine were on the shoulder where sleeves cover. The thick tissue of the arms feels far better than the thin tissue of the legs or elsewhere.
>>
>>28556157
Oh, you're just a dumb, hedonist

>I le self harm by drinking and eating junk food, totally reckless man!
>I le self harm but hitting myself because I'm not an attention whore!
>yeah, look at how much better I am than those stupid attention whores, I got a bruise on my arm! Totally given up on life bro
>Oh I'd never try heroin but smoking weed is what I do to hurt myself because I'm really deep and meaningful
>>
File: 1375350894358.png (141 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1375350894358.png
141 KB, 256x256
>>28556157

>self harm
>reasonable
>>
>>28556203
I don't smoke or drink, learn how to read. And I was never talking about eating as self harm, that was brought up by others and wasn't what I was thinking about when I made the thread.
>>
bumperinorinorino
>>
Self harm is just another pointless action in a life filled with nothing but pointless actions, don't bother.
>>
>>28555566
i punch the walls kill my knuckles bleed and slam my head back and forth on my pillow till i get too dizzy to function whatsoever
i cut about once a month or so
>>
>>28555566
Love someone who doesn't love you back.
>>
OP this is so super gay. Just do hard drugs (stimulant research powders) you'll feel better right away,

then when you come down you'll feel like shit, but no worries, because you can just do more drugs
>>
>>28557197
>punch the walls
That's creative, but I've gotten complaints from mu neighbours before because I've stomped loudly when I've been angry at people telling me I'm wrong on the internet, so it's probably best not to punch walls.
> head back and forth on my pillow till i get too dizzy
Wow. I've slammed my head into a pillow but I've never been anywhere near incapacitated.
>>28557240
I would like to fall in love (and if I did it would certainly be unrequited) but it's not really something you can do on purpose.
>>
>>28557344
>implying I know how to find drugs
>>
>>28555566
Do drugs that only fuck you up on the inside so that you can shine a false image of success and happiness to the outside world while slowly killing yourself through the gradual breakdown of your inner organs.
>>
File: crying pepe.jpg (34 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
crying pepe.jpg
34 KB, 400x388
>>28555579
u-underrated post
>>
bumpely bumpely
>>
>>28557829
>so that you can shine a false image of success and happiness
Why is this even important?
>>
>>28557384
>I'm too lazy to try
>>
>>28559537
how would I try if I have no fucking clue?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.