[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw just lifted and had a run >tfw it changed my mood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1446447684288.jpg (6 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1446447684288.jpg
6 KB, 250x242
>tfw just lifted and had a run
>tfw it changed my mood from terrible to great
I genuinely, genuinely believe that anybody who claims to be depressed just does not get enough exercise. Every time you exercise, endorphins get sent your way. It literally is proven to make you happy, at least for a short time. Those who don't exercise don't have the right to say they're depressed. Whenever I see a fat person who is depressed, I can't help but think "of course you are, you're a big fat mess!"
>>
>this meme again

This summer I ran about 25k every week. It didn't help. Not one damn bit.
>>
>>28554411

Can I save this pepe? It's for a school project.
>>
File: 543534534.jpg (78 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
543534534.jpg
78 KB, 900x900
post your lifts faggot, I guarantee I can outlift you in every exercise and I'm still a sad cunt
>>
>>28554418
If you can tell me you genuinely didn't feel any pleasure when you were done running, then you are lying. You're like the fat guy who claims to eat just like any healthy person and that "dieting doesn't help one damn bit".
>>28554420
Go ahead!
>>
>>28554431
I'm not going to post them because I don't want this to be a stats thread but you're probably right.

But to tell me you genuinely feel no pleasure when you're done lifting means you're lying.

I get sick and tired of the liars in this world. Everyone lies and believes themselves to be the special snowflake exception to every rule and it gets on my nerves.
>>
>>28554454
>If you can tell me you genuinely didn't feel any pleasure when you were done running, then you are lying.
I felt like my lungs were gonna split and my hamstrings/calves were on fire.

And I was still suicidal.
>>
It makes me feel a little better, but only briefly.
>>
File: 1461947888455.png (11 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1461947888455.png
11 KB, 420x420
>>28554486
So you believe yourself to be the literal one in millions that doesn't receive endorphins after exercise.
Okay.
>>28554496
Sure it's brief, but it makes you feel better. That's the point I'm trying to make, it makes you feel something other than absolute death.
>>
>>28554486
Why didn't you tried to, like, run at your pace instead of trying to kill yourself? Maybe you were really trying to? Just run in a enjoyable pace, put on some good music and run in a nice landscape.
>>
>>28554509
>So you believe yourself to be the literal one in millions that doesn't receive endorphins after exercise.
Not saying that. Just saying that they don't help much with being depressed. You know what really helps with feeling depressed? Alcohol. Lots of it. 10 beers and I'm feeling MUCH better.

>>28554522
Depends on what's enjoyable. I live in a valley, so whichever way I wanna run it's uphill. Then again if I'm not feeling like I'm gonna die I might not even be doing it. If I'm just running normal pace on a flat surface, that's so fucking boring.
>>
>>28554564
>alcoholic
Oh, of course you don't care about healthy living to achieve real happiness.
I would say something that temporarily relieves depression is awfully helpful with depression.
>>
>>28554590
>real happiness
Real happiness comes from being born a tall, attractive Chad. Anything else is a delusion.

>I would say something that temporarily relieves depression is awfully helpful with depression.
Like alcohol? It helps MUCH MORE than running. If running even helps at all. I mean I can't be running 24/7, it's just not possible. I can be drunk 24/7.
>>
>>28554642
>Real happiness comes from being born a tall, attractive Chad. Anything else is a delusion.
Nah, just plain wrong. True happiness comes from pursuing something you're passionate about, getting damn good at it, and getting some recognition for the work you've put in.

Being a handsome Chad who fucks girls meaninglessly all the time isn't true happiness.

>Like alcohol? It helps MUCH MORE than running. If running even helps at all. I mean I can't be running 24/7, it's just not possible. I can be drunk 24/7.
The difference is that while running you're still sober, while running you feel tired, but when you're done you feel great, and you're still sober.
When you're drunk, there's nothing real about it. You are literally drinking something to make yourself forget that you are unhappy. You aren't actually creating any happiness to stop up depression, you are trying to forget about those bad feelings by suppressing them.

It helps more in the short term, maybe, but in the long term it makes it worse. Hence why it's not great for depression.
>>
>>28554691
>Nah, just plain wrong. True happiness comes from pursuing something you're passionate about, getting damn good at it, and getting some recognition for the work you've put in.
But someone who got lucky to get born with the right predispositions will ALWAYS be much better than you. Hard work is necessary, but not nearly sufficient to real success. Predispositions are what decides who wins and loses.

>The difference is that while running you're still sober, while running you feel tired, but when you're done you feel great, and you're still sober.
You feel good for how long? 5 minutes? Barely noticeable.

>When you're drunk, there's nothing real about it. You are literally drinking something to make yourself forget that you are unhappy.
That's the point.

>You aren't actually creating any happiness to stop up depression, you are trying to forget about those bad feelings by suppressing them.
You aren't creating happiness by running either.
>>
Exercisecucks are the most pathetic people on the planet.

They are as low as heroin junkies. Forever chasing the post-workout high, forever chasing the dream of chiseled abs and a Chad physique. But while they kill themselves in the gym, Chad is killing 10/10 pussy.

Poor souls.
>>
>endorphins

Shit meme.
>>
>>28554411
Pleasure does not equal happiness.
Subhuman.
>>
>>28554734
>But someone who got lucky to get born with the right predispositions will ALWAYS be much better than you. Hard work is necessary, but not nearly sufficient to real success. Predispositions are what decides who wins and loses.
Not true. No one will ever be better at being me. I have a whole host of odd and obscure interests that I'm damn good at because I spend hours on them every day, and they impress even "genetically predisposed" Chads. That is a very defeatist attitude.
>You feel good for how long? 5 minutes? Barely noticeable.
It lasts about 5 hours on average according to most studies.
>You aren't creating happiness by running either.
You are literally creating and releasing endorphins- the "happy" chemical by running. Alcohol is a depressant. It is forgetting unhappiness versus combating it. There is a huge difference.

My point is that you can sit here and try to explain away and excuse your drinking as long as you want, but the truth is you're not running, you're not exercising, you're just drinking. If you actually went out and exercised RIGHT NOW, you would feel great afterwards. But you won't, and until you do there's no reason to continue talking to you because you don't want to hear any actual solutions, you want to wallow and drink while believing you're the special sad snowflake who can't be helped by exercise.
>>
>>28554816
You're right, but exercise makes you feel not suicidal for a while, enabling you to have some motivation to pursue actual passions rather than lying around doing nothing and wallowing in an endless cycle of suicidal thoughts.
>>28554803
Shit post.
>>28554766
Except they aren't a burden on society like junkies are. You act like Chad "killing pussy" is somehow better than chasing a high, when that's exactly what it is.
>>
>>28554833
>Not true. No one will ever be better at being me. I have a whole host of odd and obscure interests that I'm damn good at because I spend hours on them every day, and they impress even "genetically predisposed" Chads. That is a very defeatist attitude.
It's the truth. Anything that really matters(so not your odd and obscure interests) is pretty much determined by predispositions.

>It lasts about 5 hours on average according to most studies.
Never experienced that. Also drinking lasts longer.

>You are literally creating and releasing endorphins- the "happy" chemical by running. Alcohol is a depressant. It is forgetting unhappiness versus combating it. There is a huge difference.
You don't combat it by temporarily creating endorphins. It's not a long term solution. It's treating the symptons, just like alcohol. Only alcohol is more effective.

>If you actually went out and exercised RIGHT NOW, you would feel great afterwards
As I said. I did that and the results were nowhere near what you are describing.

>believing you're the special sad snowflake who can't be helped by exercise.
I believe it because I experienced it.
>>
>>28554877
>It's the truth. Anything that really matters(so not your odd and obscure interests) is pretty much determined by predispositions.
Okay, so what really matters? Sex? You're telling me you are the authority on all the things that "really matter"?
>Never experienced that. Also drinking lasts longer.
Special snowflake huh? The effects become less noticeable after 30 minutes, but are still present. Maybe you need to be more in tune with yourself.
>You don't combat it by temporarily creating endorphins. It's not a long term solution. It's treating the symptons, just like alcohol. Only alcohol is more effective.
You're saying to create endorphins that solve the issue of having low endorphins is not a temporary solution? Drinking doesn't release as many endorphins either, it just puts you in a stupor where you forget your unhappiness. It is not the same. It is forgetting instead of creating.
>As I said. I did that and the results were nowhere near what you are describing. I believe it because I experienced it.
Until you go out right now and do it, instead of running 25k a week as an obligation, your experience means nothing. If you went out right now you would understand, but you won't, you will continue to sit here and try to argue that you are the one in however many billions who is different.

I'm not going to reply to you anymore, because all you care about is rationalizing things to yourself. If you go out for a 30 minute run right now and come back, I guarantee you'll be in a much better mood.
>>
I do about half an hour of dynamic strength exercises in the morning, and half an hour of static in the evening. I have martial arts twice a week, swimming three times, and running the other two days. I use a bicycle to commute.

I still want to kill myself and it's getting worse every day.
>>
I've been working out daily for a year.
Doesn't do shit for my mood. If anything, it's generally worse, because I know I have to do it and would rather not.
>>
>>28554940
>Okay, so what really matters? Sex? You're telling me you are the authority on all the things that "really matter"?
The ones that determine your value in society. The socially acceptable hobbies and interests.
>Special snowflake huh? The effects become less noticeable after 30 minutes, but are still present. Maybe you need to be more in tune with yourself.
That's just not my experience really.
>You're saying to create endorphins that solve the issue of having low endorphins is not a temporary solution?
It's not a solution for it's temporary. Kinda like taking painkillers when there is a bone sticking out of your leg.
>Until you go out right now and do it, instead of running 25k a week as an obligation, your experience means nothing.
I ran about 5k, 5 days a week. For about 3 months. If that's not enough experience with running then I don't know what is.
>>
>>28554411
sometimes running feels good
i've had some where i was hitting the wall and i was so depressed it was hard to keep going just walking unable to keep up a jog
i've found sometimes drinking is really the only thing that pulls me out of that slump, not like heavy drinking but a few pints like 3 where i sober up kind of quick and not really hung over but can still get up helps me to do a better work out and not get so depressed im not working out or just having such a shit run that im bashing myself for not doing better
>>
>>28554411
The lowest point in my life, during which I tried to commit suicide, was when I was in the best shape I'd ever been in, was ripped and training to run a marathon.

"Exercise will cure your depression!!!" is normie-tier bullshit advice that only works for people who were never really depressed.
>>
>>28554996

>"Exercise will cure your depression!!!" is normie-tier bullshit advice that only works for people who were never really depressed.

I suspect that what's going on is that normies can't tell the difference between feeling good and feeling happy. Gorging on sweets feels good, masturbating to hentai feels good, the pain in your muscles after an exercise session feels good, but none of those will make depression go away.
>>
This is near the same thing that drugs do, specifically, caffeine (coffee, soda). The only difference is that there's a sense of pride in "earning" that short reward: when you exercise, you're rewarded for that effort.
You're selling working out as a means of obtaining a high. Instead, encourage people to get into exercising by advertising the benefits it has towards its long term rewards (posture, health), not the short term rewards in which there are effortless alternatives for.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.