[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Night walking, driving stories.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12
File: 1458800657244.jpg (343 KB, 1280x803) Image search: [Google]
1458800657244.jpg
343 KB, 1280x803
Can we have another one of these? i saw one last night and enjoyed the input. i think its a very symbolic robot activity.
>>
>>28552084
>walking up road late at night
>guy from service station on some sort of uppers starts talking to me
>i let him talk
>literally any response i give him is good enough
>he just keeps talking and calling me bro
>eventually i tell him i gtg and leave
>walk up big hill
end
>>
>>28552084
I dont like walking at night at all to be honest. I once went out for a walk on my college campus only to find groups of people walking around half drunk, laughing like crazy and having fun. Needless to say I was feeling uneasy about them laughing cause I always think they are laughing at me. Even worse tho was that that one walk made me realize just how fucking alone i am and how unlike others I have no friends, let alone close ones or gfs.
>>
>>28552141
What was the guy trying to say to you?
>>
>>28552279
i cant remember he was just rambling about random shit
i wasn't really listening and the things i did make sense of werent very interesting
>>
>>28552259
The point of the night walk is that it is just you, if we wanted to be reminded of how lonely we were by seeing other groups of well functioning members of society then you might as well walk during the day. Its the relative peacefulness of your town and the mix of whatever soul is also up at that hour with you, and the story behind them.
>>
About to head out for a night drive once my roomies turn in. I just love having the roads to myself. Everything seems so peaceful and I don't feel that sense of anxiety I get driving during the day, surrounded by rushing normies who always are in such a hurry.
>>
>>28552342
I was doing it wrong then, I guess I should go somewhere outside my campus but thatd be really hard since its huge and basically all the surrounding neighborhoods are flooding with college students throwing parties. I dont have a car to drive away far enough either, so I guess night walks arent for me until I somehow distance myself from these people.
>>
>>28552393
night driving is also a good time, just you, the music, and a road that can take you anywhere.
>driving at night from brothers house 3 hours away
>long stretch of road between north/south carolina
>pandora comedy radio on a medium volume going instead of music, i like hearing people talk
>stop on side of road to piss in a cornfield, golden showered the shit out of some 'stalks
>no one around for miles
>>
File: happypalsy.png (11 KB, 275x367) Image search: [Google]
happypalsy.png
11 KB, 275x367
>night driving
>see commotion in public park
>it's a summer night public showing of Back To The Future
> sit in the dark and watch the movie for the first time
>see loving parents with their kids and cute teens on their first dates and all that shit
>go home and actually go to bed happy
>>
File: DSCN1768.jpg (1 MB, 1843x1382) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1768.jpg
1 MB, 1843x1382
>>28552084
i want to go back to japan but can't afford it for a while. it's the only thing keeping me from killing myself.
>>
File: 1434210981552-2.png (537 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
1434210981552-2.png
537 KB, 683x1024
plz go to hotwheels chan and post on /late/ so it's not dead night walkers/drivers
>drop off friends from night out
>its 3am and I'm literally the only car
>speed test down road so fast its not even fun
>200km/h on a 110 road till my turn off
>>
night walks are pretty awesome especially in small towns.

>night walking with a chad (awkward friendship)
>we see this dude just standing motionless in a backyard
>flashback to this other time when that dude asked chad to identify himself by coming closer and notice a knife in his hand
spooky shit man
>>
File: Picture 1763a.jpg (173 KB, 1000x729) Image search: [Google]
Picture 1763a.jpg
173 KB, 1000x729
Back when I used to smoke I'd go for long walks at night in the cold of fall and winter. There's lots of factories and industrial districts nearby, at night there's nobody around. The buildings had a kind of energy; these massive structures looming overhead, lit by street lamps or silhouetted by a cloudy moonlit sky.

I'd sometimes imagine that I had unwittingly crossed over into a parallel dimension, where the night and cold were eternal and no one else was there but me. The glowing cigarette cherry was the only source of warmth in existence.
>>
i only ever walk to the massive 24h asda to get booze at night

nothing interesting ever happens
>>
>get off bus from friend's place at 1am and have to walk about a mile back home because bus doesn't go any closer
>starts to rain, but it's nice
>not many cars around and no annoying loud people
>the streets look pretty reflecting all the different colors of the lights shining down
>actually sad once I get home

I wish I could go out like that more often, but I don't chance it because my area isn't a nice one and people get mugged sometimes. Really jelly of my friend because all he has to worry about is bumping into someone whiter than he is.
>>
I wish I could stroll around at night without getting killed in my city.
>>
Guys I'm considering moving to japan after college

I'm hoping I can get in after getting a masters in computer science and engineering, as a skilled professional
>>
I have to go to work at 3 am almost every day. I really should go for a walk more often considering I usually wake up at midnight
>>
>>28552880
This post gave me a lot of feels. Thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I live in riverside, CA. I walk around at night all the time. Usually smoke a bowl or two. The city just has the most comfortable soothing vibe when it's super late. Huge roads and no one on them. And the whole city has a warm orange glow and purplish skies from the lights the city uses. I love it, and I love being alone in it.
There's a pic.
>>
I wish I could nightwalk every night in japan
>>
Austin, Texas nightwalker here. It's great living in the suburbs, can just walk in the park at 4 am and listen to retrowave and imagine I'm the Terminator
>>
>>28554992
riverside isn't comfy for the most part. always felt paranoid and felt like there were plenty places to avoid. although I lived right by mt. rubidoux and would go up there at night sometimes
>>
I live in North Las Vegas and I'm afraid of walking at night. I've done it before but I can't get comfy because I'm afraid that I will get mugged and killed.
>>
>>28552084
be me
3 am
security gaurd for ghetto part of town
have to gaurd aparment complex n shit
doing walk through
car pulls out from spot about 20 ft in front of me
swings out and stops an inch before the wall behind her
honestly kinda impressed
drives up toward me
6/10 girl rolls down window
her: are you security here?
me:yeah
her: well do you think you could watch my car somebodys gana come tonight and try to slash my tires
oh shit what
say yeah and get a description and all that shit

will cont
>>
>>28555133
she tells me where shes gana park
i say il look out for anybody
30 mins later
doing another walk through
see guy mathing description
walk over to him
before he sees me i see a girl hugging him
think probably just a couple idgaf
walk to blding im supposed to gaurd
stand there for a bit
see same girl come up to me
can i stand her next you for a little
seems scared
say yeah
guy from before starts running up to us
try to say hi to see what his deal is
doesnt respond
keeps running
adrenaline starts pumping
try to put distance between me and him
dont wana get stabbed
>>
>>28555215
get outa the guys way
he runs past me and says hey buddy
buddy?
runs up some stairs to the apartments above
frantically starts going around and lookimg at apts
me and girl just watching him
she looks more nervous now
ask if thats him and she nods
now im nervous
were just watching him
he comes down stairs and just runs back to his truck
peels out and speeds through the complex at like 25 mphs
we both relax
>>
>>28555350
ask her about it
she says hes her ex
she also goes on to tell me she got shot 10 times
10 fucken times
i dont remember by who tho
she told me i just dont remeber
then goes on to say how her bf or some shit actually killed that guys dad
im like wtf man
thought i had problems
this girl is like 5'2 and 24 but god damn
tell her if i see him again il call the cops
shes says ok
we talk for a bit more and she keeps saying how she doesnt want her car to ge fucked with
i suggest park the car out side the complex into one of the adjacent neighborhoods
she says ok hesitantly
tells me she doesnt want to walk alone at night
i offer to wait by the front of the complex for her
she agrees
>>
File: 1461019292595.png (223 KB, 512x497) Image search: [Google]
1461019292595.png
223 KB, 512x497
>3am
>walk to car
>insert key into door lock
>twist the key 90 degrees to the right
>open door
>get in car
>sit in in seat
>close the door
>foot on clutch
>take gearbox out of first and check for netural
>insert key
>turn key twice and the warm glow of the stock radio dimly lights the cabin
>hear sound of the rear antenna go up
>wait for it to finish
>turn key once more to start
>the Japanese 1986 2L engine roars to life
>turn headlight switch on
>headlights pop up
feelsgoodman.mp4
>>
>>28555408
she parks the car and i wait for like 2 mins
hear her running back to where i can see her
i walk her back to her apartment
we talk some
i even made her laugh
told her to defenitly cut that guy outa her life
told her its never to late to change
then followed it up with
"not to sound like an after school speical or something"
we laugh
get back to her house
she says thanks
realize 20 mins had gone by and i have to check in with dispatch
start getting to work
she goes and unlocks her door and steps inside
turns around with out closing the door
kinda peeks out of the door way
looking at me
i wave to her and she closes the door

and that was it

guys do you think that look was gratitude or what? cuz it seemed like something more than just looking at somebody. idk
>>
>>28552399
You should try listening to music during your walks.
>>
Do you night walkers go to sleep late or wake up very early? I think the best time to go for walks is around 4:30 AM right before sunrise.
>>
>>28554992
I live in Moreno Valley and agree Riverside is very comfy. The wide roads due to all the truck terminals in Fontana and Ontario give the city a feeling of importance almost. Not a major metropolitan area, but a place where the less polished but still integral parts of the supply chain are located. If only there were less people.
>>
Night driving is awesome.

Post night driving albums:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBWIlv6jKiE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdvSXJblzk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3frA_rj918
>>
>>28555642

I sleep around 5.30 at night, so I'm walking before sleep.

It's extremely peaceful, never understood why normies look at me like I'm a serial killer everytime I mention night walks
>>
>>28555786
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWF5_wdqQj0&list=PL7lIdOom98_OVlx531wKHOGjcmeEyaTmL
>>
>>28552084
Yeah its something I use to do. Did it a lot this winter. During may normies are out partying so I dont go out now, but probably after may I'll start to do it again. Very comforting.
>>
Went for a night walk, slipped on black ice, and broke my ankle. REEEE FUCK.
>>
>>28552141

Crazy people are always looking for someone to talk to, most people just keep walking but when they "Catch" someone they don't stop and can talk endlessly.
>>
>>28552597
Isn't that spooky senpai? I'd be afraid of seeing some alien or monster or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2151x2151) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2151x2151
NYC is comfy for solo night walks
>>
>tfw no drivers license
>>
>>28555906
Are there a lot of people around at nighttime? I'd be kind of scared of walking around a city alone at night desu
>>
>>28555925
Yes people on every block at every hour of day.
>>
>>28555840
Looks like you fell for the meme lmaoay
>>
I used to nightwalk when I lived in the burbs.

Now I live downtown in a big city and its too spoopy
>>
>go for a nightwalk
>have an idea to make a thread posting pictures and asking what to do
>barely any replies
>end up walking for 5 hours around my city
>sprained my hip and ankle
Ended up just stealing some tape and electrical cable from some guy's house
>>
>>28555925
Cities are safer because there are more people around, usually just other alone people wandering around. People generally won't attempt to mug or attack you if there are witnesses. I've only ever been accosted when I've got lost and some guy has clocked me looking confused. I did fight the guy even though he had a knife though, adrenaline got the better of me. Thankfully he didn't react quick enough
>>
Tfw encounter animals not around during the day like owls, rabbits, or foxes
>>
>Last night walking through foresty park kind of thing.
>It's in the middle of nowhere, very little people around.
>Sit on bench to read Edge and smoke some weed.
>3 woman on horses suddenly come out of the woods slowly towards me.
>".. H..Hello." I try to be friendly.
>They don't say anything back, look at me as if I'm about to rape them.

I did meet a nice bunny though. Here looked so happy jumping around.
>>
>>28556630
That bunny probably wasn't happy. That bunny's family was probably dead if you saw it alone.

You saw a grieving bunny senpai.
>>
Sometimes I think about nightwalking, but then I remember that I live in a shitty third world country, so I'd probably get robbed, raped and killed
>>
File: 20130619_022320.jpg (123 KB, 1469x1102) Image search: [Google]
20130619_022320.jpg
123 KB, 1469x1102
I've nightwalked in dozens of countries. Here's a picture I took on a nighttime walk in Iraq. It was too hot to go out and do much during the day, so I'd normally sleep late and then wander around after sunset. That seemed to be how the locals did it as well, because you'd see more and more people coming out the later it got.
>>
>>28557441

not sure if this is a joke or not. u wot m8?
>>
File: drive.jpg (43 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
drive.jpg
43 KB, 600x400
>>28556507
did you stomp on his head?
>>
>>28555859

This.

They use gestures to make sure you can't walk off abruptly. If you do walk away, they will keep talking to try and get you intrigued, and they know that you won't be interested by what they say but will have to act like you are interested.

Either they know they're doing it or they're just doing it as a natural thing. Simply out of loneliness.

This is human nature. We don't want to disappoint people and go ''Uh..yeah I knew that'' otherwise we'll feel bad for them.
>>
File: 1460104380871.jpg (156 KB, 646x866) Image search: [Google]
1460104380871.jpg
156 KB, 646x866
> get out of work at 3am
> walk to favorite bar for a Guinness and smoke
> bar is closed
> some ethnic invites me into his apartment for rum
> walk away smoking angrily
>>
>>28556655
I doubt it, loads of bunnies in that part of the park. Most are really shy though, not prone to get too close to humans.
>>
As someone who's afraid of the dark I love night rides. I feel extremely safe in my car for some reason and I love the feeling of being surrounded by danger but being totally safe, like nothing can get me. Listening to people talk on the radio is also very comforting. Night rides are just about the only thing I live for at this point.
>>
> get off work early due to lack of work.
> its 11pm
> Go for a night drive since my weekend started.
> Drive way up 108 to the Dardanelle Lookout.
> Watch planes fly over wondering where these people are going, what's happening on them, and who's on them.
>>
>>28552084
>Agree to pick up a friend of mine from work.
>It's midnight and I park next to his workplace.
>All of a sudden all lights on the parking lot light up, just to shut down moments later.
>I stand there, wait for things to happen.
>Ten minutes later, a car drives by and stops behind me.
>It's the police.
>"What are you doing here?", he asked.
>"I am waiting for someone."
>"You know this is private property?"
>"A friend of mine works here."
>He checks my driver's licence and actually stayed there until my friend came out to the car.

Why can't people just leave me alone?
>>
File: so good.gif (2 MB, 333x194) Image search: [Google]
so good.gif
2 MB, 333x194
>>28552084
Probably my favorite night driving track of all time.
Bonus points if you played this shit gamecube game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQuYbz-EcOc
>>
>>28559676
Most cops are bored and have too much time for this type of bs.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.