[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /libertarian/ here? If you're not a libertarian, why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: 1280px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png (121 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png
121 KB, 1280x853
Who /libertarian/ here? If you're not a libertarian, why do you hate individualism and freedom so much?
>>
>>28550947
Left-leaning collectivist statist fascists need to be destroyed
>>
I identify my political views as independent with libertarian leanings.

>tfw no conservative, pro-science, secular, anti-prohibition, pro-gun party to vote for
>>
>>28550947
These days liberals aren't individuals anymore. They all act, dress, look, and like the same things.
>>
Because individualism is degenerate.
>>
File: 1461718402942.jpg (556 KB, 2560x1707) Image search: [Google]
1461718402942.jpg
556 KB, 2560x1707
Am I a libertarian? I feel like I am but if anything I'm a moderate one.
>Hold personal freedoms and liberties above personal safety (Pro gun, pro gay marriage, etc)
>Support smaller government, but I also believe government is important. I support things like the space program and shit.
>I don't think all cops are fascist statist pigs
>I'm totally fine with paying taxes
>>
>>28551323
You sound pretty reasonable. Opinions on social programs?
>>
Doesn't a libertarian party seem oxy-moronic? Just be independent fag
>>
>>28550947
I hate individualism because it feeds into narcissistic personalities. we need a fucking dictatorship to level the playing field. the weak will die off. ever wonder why russians are the toughest people on the planet? ever wonder why russians (from russia, not US born) arent pussies?
>>
>>28551348
It depends. If you're referring to things like welfare and what not, I think they can be a useful tool for people who need them, but are way too easily abused by degenerates who just want to leech off the government. I'd be more willing to support them if there was some sort of reform to fix that, but desu I don't have a solution to that problem.
>>
>>28550947
i too was once 16
>>
File: 1460472479927.png (200 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1460472479927.png
200 KB, 2000x1333
>>28550947
I finally get a chance to post this.
>>
Not a big fan of state power but I also don't like private power too.
>>
Where do I fall on the political spectrum if I believe life is a prison, this flesh our shackles, and we are doomed to a life of animals pretending to be something else, needlessly suffering and promoting a game of charades in order to feel like we are somehow better than the other animals?

I don't vote, care about anyone else, believe in "rights", or pay attention to the law. I just do whatever I want (nothing particularly bad, but I would if I felt like it). I don't care about money, I don't want to contribute to "society" or culture in any way because I think those are things we made up. I hate the police and rich people, but I also hate poor people.

I don't follow politics or care about any sort of government or social issues because they don't affect me in any way.

I don't think I'm an anarchist, since that has at least some genuine ideals behind it. I don't have any idea how to describe myself politically. Not that I care, it doesn't matter to me how others would perceive my life. I'm just curious about it so I thought I'd ask some people with more political knowledge than me.
>>
>>28550947
Why be a libertarian when all you do is shit post in your basement? You're literally sacrificing a small amount of security for nothing.
>>
>>28551323

moderate democrat

>space program
why does nasa have to be a government program?
>fine with paying taxes
taxation is theft, the government has no business stealing your income, if the government needs to create a program or service it should come up with funds with out taxing me.

but my views are as follows
>let private companies build roads
>legalize all drugs, possession of an object is not a crime, intent to sell is a thought, arresting somebody for intent to sell is thought crime
>bring american forces everywhere home
>keep government out of womens bodies, no public funding to abortion
>keep government out of religion, dont tax churches
>repeal all gun control, including the nfa, its my right to have a machine gun
>no income or property tax or any other taxes
>give tax incentives to people or businesses who use clean energy, but dont tax fossil fuel companies, if you have a solar cell on your house youdont have to pay property tax
>allow states to issue their own currency
>get rid of the federal reserve
>>
>>28550947
American libertarianism was created by massive corporations as a subversion of actual individualist/anti-state ideas in order to secure their dominance and power over wagecucks, the banking system, and the entire democratic process itself

t. former "libertarian"
>>
>>28551536
Idk, a nihilist
>>
>>28551536
some sort of existentialist anarchist
>>
>>28551570
Space doesn't have to be a government program. I support it being one, but desu SpaceX is doing a much better job than them, so honestly I don't really see much of a point to it anymore. I agree with most of the shit you said there, it's all pretty reasonable.

How do you propose the government raise funds without taxation?
>>
>>28551638

>How do you propose the government raise funds without taxation?

taxation is taking money from the general population, to pay for shit the average person may not use/be a part of. for instance, my tax dollars pay for some soldiers m16, but ill never handle an m16 or fire an m16.

with that being said, if the government needs money, they could sell products/services directly to a consumer and raise funds that way. like, the federal government could create health insurance that works everywhere by law, and is sold to people who want it, or if you live in section 8 housing you have to pay rent

>citizen wants health insurance
>can choose private company A
>private company B
>federal insurance
>not all doctors accept a or b, but are required by law to accept federal insurance
>>
a libertarian economy would fail spectacularly. keynes saving during a boom and spending during a bust is the best tested aproach
>>
Because it's time for the pendulum to swing back in the other direction and bring back the era of dictatorships.
>>
>>28551638
>I want people to do something. How do you propose I get them to do it without resorting to violence?

Let's try
1. Trying to educate and persuade them peacefully that it is in their self interest to do so and accept donations.
2. Offering them a benefit that they voluntarily accept as worthy as payment of their goods/services
>>
>>28551813
I do like your insurance idea, but isn't the whole point of section 8 housing to give housing to people who literally can't afford it?
>>
File: henryfirth.png (249 KB, 324x400) Image search: [Google]
henryfirth.png
249 KB, 324x400
What would you call a libertarian society where part of the government's limited duties is to shoot any refugees or illegal immigrants on sight?
>>
Property is robbery fuck off
>>
>>28551570

fucking idiot entitled dipshit. how the fuck is the government supposed to raise money without taxes
>>
File: Ayn-Rand-9451526-1-402.jpg (61 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
Ayn-Rand-9451526-1-402.jpg
61 KB, 402x402
>>28552117
>fee for use of government provided services
>ability to opt out of said services or use a private alternative
>only a fee for services rendered

or

>sign away your right not to be taxed in a contractual agreement

or any number of different solutions
>>
>>28551813
>doctors forced to accept a certain type of insurance
statist scum kys
>>
File: imageedit_1_8274477552.jpg (89 KB, 638x476) Image search: [Google]
imageedit_1_8274477552.jpg
89 KB, 638x476
Former libertarian here.

>why do you hate individualism and freedom so much?

Because I've seen what people do with it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzYMi5wSc7g
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.