[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would anyone want to live forever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: cake.jpg (141 KB, 736x539) Image search: [Google]
cake.jpg
141 KB, 736x539
Why would anyone want to live forever?
>>
living forever would be perfect if you were a ghost, or if you had the ability to make people forget they saw you immediately after they interacted with you

then you could watch the world go by and influence it in meaningful ways while not being forced to participate in the rat race
>>
>>28550579
Why wouldnt you ? Experiencing the universe until time "ends" instead of 70 years. Think beyond humanity.
>>
>>28550579
for a laff innit
>>
>>28550579
Only if you remained biologically in your mid 20s and couldn't die from any natural causes
>>
non of you will live forever.
you will rot just like the bitch in that picture

>tips fedora
>>
As long as my sensory systems remained intact, and I had some way to communicate with the outside world. I'd really want to see the universe's progress...
>>
>>28550579
well i sure as hell wouldn't want to get old and have all those problems that come with it, but it's scary to think that one day we will just be sitting there, the same as you are now, the same person, thinking and feeling mostly the same, and remembering your youth like it was yesterday and how it flew by so fast.

one day you'll be sitting in a chair just like you are now, spotted hands, no teeth, unable to ever go back to being healthy and strong. why not be immortal?
>>
>>28550788

wouldn't you eventually just get bored of everything and kill yourself?
>>
>>28550847
only retards think this. do you get bored now? do you want to kill yourself just because you are bored?

there is more to life than just consumption. there is more than just looking for entertainment.
>>
>>28550579
living forever would be pure hell.

What if you get imprisoned?
What if you became a science experiment?
What if everyone on Earth dies yet you're still the only one left?
What if you decided to fly to the moon but the spaceship got fucked so now you're just drifting infinitely in a black void?

Your mind would be fucked after a few hundred years.
>>
Forever? No.

What I want is to live for 1000 years, and have the ability to change my appearance and voice at will, and forever be in perfect health.

That would be my ideal existence
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.