[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hear freezing to death is one of the most peaceful and least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 400x304
I hear freezing to death is one of the most peaceful and least painful ways to go. Is this true? I live at a pretty high elevation so it drops near mid 30's to uper 40's at night. I'm considering going into the woods in boxers and a tank top and letting myself die. Any thoughts on this?
>>
>>28550468
I can't believe anyone could be this stupid

It's true that before you die, you become numb and warm and it's peaceful. But being cold sucks. Also 30's - 40's is not cold enough. I would wait till winter (I know you won't like that prospect, that's another reason why your idea is shitty)

Death by freezing can be a good idea but it needs to be much colder and you need to be drunk as hell to pull it off in the painless manner you probably want.
>>
>>28550468
>it drops near mid 30's to uper 40's at night.
I hope you can hear my laughter all the way from Canada. This is nowhere near cold enough to kill you. You'd just get frostbite and have to get your appendages amputated once you inevitably gave up from it taking too long to starve to death
>>
>>28550468
Do it during winter when it is really cold and make sure you drink a lot so you feel warm when in reality it speeds up the process
>>
you are underage and there is a 0% chance you would actually do this even if it was a good idea

but no if you're not baiting you're probably retarded. 40 farenheit is not even freezing, you cant even die from that, you would just be cold until you got bored and went home
>>
>>28550722
>40 farenheit is not even freezing, you cant even die from that
well you could but unlikely in the OP scenario
>>
>>28550733
What if I jump in the lake (from glacier run off) then lie out and freeze?
>>
>>28550468
LOL

I work outside with short pants on in 40F weather. What the fuck?
>>
>>28550616
This, it's going to hurt like hell until the end.

>>28550939
That might be better, but it's still going to hurt like hell.
>>
>>28551026
You work. Not lie outside for hours on end.
>>
>>28550939
yeah even 75-80 degree water can give you hypothermia if you're in it long enough, IIRC. Had to learn something like that for scuba diving license.
Death can occur if core body temperature lowers even a few degrees, so let's say you're 90 F, you're dead. The tendency to wear clothing / shiver / huddle & hug yourself inhibits cooling

Anyway you will be fucking miserable trying to die in a glacial lake and that's an idea about as smart as the OP one. Just buy a damn gun or ask your local silversmith for some potassium cyanide or some shit. Or do >>28550616

Or drown yourself or something other than this bullshit. If you're not getting drunk off your ass, taking some sleeping pills / opiates, stripping bare, and going to sleep in the snow, you're wasting your time trying to think of good ways to die by freezing.
>>
>>28550468
lived in upstate ny for years for college always regret not doing this when it was -10 out.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.