[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone else just feel no inclination to do anything anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1435070263766.jpg (153 KB, 1650x1238) Image search: [Google]
1435070263766.jpg
153 KB, 1650x1238
does anyone else just feel no inclination to do anything anymore? I dont find video games fun, i cant sit through a movie or watch tv, there is just nothing left.
>>
That's depression, friend.
And yes.
>>
>>28549734
I feel that way. I go back to playing video games every so often because I remember how good they were as a kid. I just wind up getting bored in a few minutes and stop bothering.

As for television, I always thought it was just that I couldn't get into any of the tv shows that are on now. Eh...
>>
>>28549734
do a weed

youll feel better
>>
life loses its flavor for everyone, even the jedi
>>
>>28549784
this, but don't do it every day or even weed will become boring

in my experience 2-3 times a week getting blasted is the sweet spot
>>
>>28549734
iktf but its not depression in my case. i just can't think of anything i feel like doing. thinking about trying to fuck the 16 year old girl at my work who got fat as fuck and used to be skinny bc all the other girls have gone cold on me
>>
>>28549734
get a job or enroll in a class/club.
>>
Robots

Start lifting.

Thats literally the only thing that keeps me interested.

I'm bored with video games, tv, movies, etc

Daily routine consists of lifting and then browsing this shitty site
>>
>>28550020
i've been lifting nearly 2 years
>>
>>28549734
If you do someting too much, you get bored of it.
You probably played too many video games and watched too many movies.
Take a break and do something new.
>>
>>28549734

That is the symptom of depression. What you need to do is find anything at all that makes you feel. It can be good or bad. What matters is that you feel emotions. Then you work from there. Think about why it makes you feel. Then use that to find something else that makes you feel. Keep working on it. Don't be like me and waste 8 years on ignoring or embracing the lack of feels. Feels are what makes you want to live, what gives you motivation. Whether good or bad, feels show you are alive, that you care. Don't ignore them, use them as a ways to escape.
>>
>>28549761
This is me. I am depression.
>>
>>28549734
There's so much that I want to do and learn, but I can't muster up enough motivation to really make much headway, and instead, I either spend all my free time asleep or stagnating in front of my computer. Life is empty and it is all my fault.
>>
>>28550020
Mfw i have tried lifting and sticking to it on and off for years. Last year i thought i was finally going to make it i thought i want to keep doing this and keep going. Bang torn pectoral tendon. Tore the muscle bellies. Tore my bicep. All at once. Had surgery. Still deformed said there was nothing else they could do. I have maybe 70% of the strenght in that side that i used to. And it fatigues alot faster than my other side. Also random pains etc. Why me...
>>
>>28550719
Oh and also the elbow on my other arm is fucked up. Almost no cartilige left. They want me to get surgery in it. Mfw im only 24
>>
>>28549734
I end up forcing myself to do some of those things after i take care of some other things.
Like exercise then do that stuff and I'm just forcing myself to do that other stuff, it seems like I just suck at games and really don't have any fun if I'm not doing well at it. There is a show or two on tv I like to watch but I dont want to just sit around and watch it same with movies. when I'm doing any of that i just think to myself what a waste of life this is. it's like I think i need
>[----------] that much money
a year to support myself and im making like
>[--] that much
how the fuck am I suppose to enjoy anything? when im missing about
>[--------] that much
how do are you even suppose to justify not making more effort? what are you even doing with your day? beating myself up over everything when i already got enough people taking jabs at me.
just fucking whatever
>>
>>28550020
I tried that. It did not make me feel interested. I hated doing it. I did not feel energized afterwards, just tired and sore. I did not feel proud when, after some time, I was in noticeably better shape than I was before. It felt pointless.
>>
>>28550695

although rough, you need to find something, anything that can motivate you. Whether shame, envy, anger, or whatever, take it and rationalize it to do something you want to do. Be better than a bully, prove your parents wrong, or live up to their expectations. Piss off an ex, find something that you give a shit about and twist it to doing something. I went back to college to piss off an ex that said I was worthless. Is it petty? yes. Does it give me a feeling of accomplishment when I pass a class? Yes. But it is a source of motivation. I beg you to find something, anything, that will push you to do something, and act upon it.
>>
File: 1435077104644.jpg (222 KB, 1600x1065) Image search: [Google]
1435077104644.jpg
222 KB, 1600x1065
>>28550779

i just zone off and surf the internet. ive been trying to find something through spirituality but it faulters and when i feel low it doesn't do anything for me its just noise. i work from home and you'd think thats amazing but i moved back in with my mom. i make not amazing money but it gives me time to think and when im not working i just realize im sitting in front of the same exact computer and i dont feel comfortable around anyone or have any interest to go anywhere or do anything. i'll put on a movie or watch some video but feel absolutely nothing when watching it except slight aggravation i feel nothing at times then close the video because i dont want to remind myself of how far this has all gone. i've been like this for about 8 years now. im not sure the exact time it started. i suppose i was always a loner type. id prefer to be inside playing video games than to go out with friends. but after moving out of state to try to make a life and dealing with getting fired from my job and a lot of bad relationships i feel completely spent
>>
>>28550020
i lift since 1 year

feels more like a chore

i do it anyway but i dont enjoy it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.