[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you realize IQ is the real-life equivalent of power level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 140525124171.png (7 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
140525124171.png
7 KB, 212x238
>tfw you realize IQ is the real-life equivalent of power level and it's ultimately the only thing that matters in regards to success
>>
File: pepe hanging.gif (980 KB, 305x320) Image search: [Google]
pepe hanging.gif
980 KB, 305x320
Yeah, that and height.
original
>>
>>28548998
>ultimately the only thing that matters in regards to success

Not really, you only need to be so smart to get by in life; whereas social skills will unlock nearly every door.
>>
>>28548998
I know a shitload of dumbasses who literally succeeded in life, like having money bitches and stuff.
>>
>>28548998
It really doesn't though.

It is the ability to make social connections that matters more than anything.
>>
>>28548998
This is the dumbest post I've seen today. Congrats.
>>
File: 51vnatLaJkL._SX300_.jpg (26 KB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
51vnatLaJkL._SX300_.jpg
26 KB, 300x236
Im not that smart but Im heading up the corporate ladder pretty damn quick.

I'm 6'3'', slightly above average looking, and friendly though.

Pic related: The kind of rad ass toys you get if you are alpha.
>>
>>28548998
>tfw you realize the only way that matter to gain success is the way to take advantage of opportunities, being a little inventive and having some good connections with peoples.
FTFY.
>>
File: 1386099401117.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1386099401117.png
65 KB, 285x276
>>28549091
Comes with my low IQ.
>>
Charismatic 110 makes it farther in life than socially retarded 130.
>>
>>28549138
That's just a lazy excuse.
>>
Success in what?

My dumbass friend plays in a popular local folk-punk band. He's extremely attractive. I got sloppy seconds off him on more than one occasion. I went to some of his shows. Stupid drunken dancing with girls and your best friends (some dumbass Irish guys throwing their beer all over everyone in the crowd) to simple bass and melodies are some of the best times I ever had in my life. I double majored in accounting and computer science. I graduated in the top 20% of my class. I have a "decent" desk job, and I feel dead inside every day. I feel alive when I'm walking around drunk at night with the so-called burnouts and druggies I abandoned back in high school.

I just want to say, don't feel you're better just because you're smarter. You might have missed out on more than you'll ever know. Was it worth it?
>>
>>28549360
By comparing yourself to others people you will always be unhappy. Why don't you try something new ?
>>
I scored a 140 but I'm a fat retard bound for suicide.
>>
File: 1460398480775.gif (662 KB, 800x528) Image search: [Google]
1460398480775.gif
662 KB, 800x528
>>28548998
>tfw you have a psychologist verified IQ of like 120 but your still a miserable kissless virgin at 19 and you hate your life and sometimes wish the sun would just explode
>>
>>28548998
You mean some arbitrary measure of intelligence is the golden ticket to success?
>>
Far from it. I've found that persistence and hard work go a lot further than intelligence. This was even in my Ph.D. program where you'd think intelligence would be the most important factor.
>>
>>28549219
I agree, but that's a shitty example, because 110 is almost a whole standard deviation above average. Charismatic 90 vs socially retarded 130 is more of a grey area.
>>
desu charisma is really much better than iq. with enough charisma you can really get away with almost anything

see: Hitler somehow convincing all of germany that getting mad at Jews would solve all their problems
>>
>>28549666
Seconded. Grit and determination has objectively been found to be the single best determining factor in success.

It's literally been proven in many studies
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.