[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clothes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: O3AS9.jpg (439 KB, 1600x1063) Image search: [Google]
O3AS9.jpg
439 KB, 1600x1063
How do I know what clothes to buy? Where do people learn this!?!??
>>
They emulate other peoples' fashion, which usually comes from pop culture
>>
File: you must be new.jpg (276 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
you must be new.jpg
276 KB, 1600x1067
>>28548283
baka how new are you desu?

>>>/fa/
>>
>>28548283
Clothes are easy - if you're going for casual, wear jeans + tshirt + hoodie, for smart casual go jeans + tshirt + shirt. Easy as shit.
>>
Look at brand catalogs to have a sense of what goes with what
>>
>>28548351

i tried that but it's nothing but fags, eurofags, and shitskins trying to find the best knockoffs on aliexpress
>>
>>28548481
You are literally retarded
lurk more, fag
>>
File: animu laugh.gif (289 KB, 400x471) Image search: [Google]
animu laugh.gif
289 KB, 400x471
>>28548481
Is this more to your liking?

https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/
>>
>>28548283
wear things tapered or slim
torso should always be wider than legs
never do blue on blue
>>
>>28548481
Did you even see the sticky? Did you or do you ever do any research at all?
>>
>>28548562
no interest in taking life advice from 17 year olds
>>
File: 1422332078333.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
1422332078333.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1440
>>28548736
than see >>28548522 baka desu senpai
>>
>>28548595
>never do blue on blue
Like denim on denim or in general?
>>
/fa/ is for fags, they focus too much on gay shit like gothninja with the sagging ass pants

the guys in the OP pic look nigerian to me, a lot of nigerians dress like that. those two guys have been making an attempt to dress well for quite some time.

dressing is very much about who you know. there are little things that you'll miss if you dress out of a catalog or off a website. you can put on a punk costume but you won't be punk, if you understand how that works
>>
>>28548595
>you can only look effay if you wear skinny clothes
sounds like you dress like a total fag
>>
>>28548775
>>28548595
>never do blue on blue
>hating on the jean jacket + jeans combination
fuck off you hosers
>>
>>28548818
take it easy canadigger
>>
>>28548785
>/fa/ is for fags, they focus too much on gay shit like gothninja with the sagging ass pants

No they don't

>dressing is very much about who you know.

No it isn't.

Stop posting, retard.

>>28548793

>cuckservative omega numale detected.

Nice dad jeans and autism shoes, you fucking loser
>>
>>28548351
/fa/ is useless if you're over 30.
>>
>>28548988

i'm op and i'm over 30
>>
>>28548283
>>28549705
It's all about fit. Learn how clothes should fit properly, then buy properly fitting clothes. Being in shape also helps.

Get a couple pairs of dark blue jeans, some plain (no logo, no graphics, pocket optional) t-shirts in neutral colors. Some simple sneakers. a few well fitting polos, maybe a couple button up sport shirts. If you want shorts, think dockers not cargo shorts. If you wear shorts with shoes, wear low/no show socks.

Stay away from /fa/ and fashion trends in general, keep it simple and above all, make sure your clothes fit you properly. You'd look better in clothes from walmart that fit vs expensive shit that doesn't.

When you have the basics down, you can try other things and find your style. don't try so hard at first, just make little steps. Start with the jeans and tshirts/polos, try not to go too far out of your comfort zone in the beginning, you could feel uncomfortable and go back to bad habits.
>>
>>28550211
thanks anon. this seems like sound advice
>>
Why does "nice" clothing have to be so expensive? Pajeet's wives literally make them for pennies. It's partly why I dress like an autist.
>>
Pick a store that fits your style and ask an uppity girl to help you.

I have a friend who used to struggle hardcore with style and clothing. I would try so fucking hard but he never listened. I took him to so many stores and he never found anything he liked. Eventually we walked into a GAP but he still wouldn't take my advice. A girl who worked there, about 20ish and super qt, asked us if we needed any help I just kind of started ranting. She decided to take over and built the guy a complete wardrobe, he looks great now and the girl was having a blast.
>>
File: 1452932571947.jpg (86 KB, 423x1021) Image search: [Google]
1452932571947.jpg
86 KB, 423x1021
>>28550284
Wish this would happen to me. I'm hopeless.
>>
>>28550284
this is what i need... i would gladly pay someone who knows their stuff to go around with me one afternoon and help be build a style/wardrobe
>>
>>28548595
>never do blue on blue
i would extend that to almost every color except maybe black
>>
>>28550359
Do you have a sibling or cousin who really likes the whole "fashion" thing?

Some girls really just enjoy putting that kind of stuff together.
>>
>>28550256
>Why does "nice" clothing have to be so expensive?

it doesn't Anon. I've bought button ups on clearance at JCPenny for $7 that I got compliments on. it's all about the fit. When I shop for clothes the hardest part is finding stuff that fits well. I wear a large to fit my shoulders, but they are always super baggy everywhere else. But different makers/shirts all fit differently, so I grab any shirt in my size that I would wear, and try them all on with what I'd wear them with (jeans typically).

>>28550245
Good luck anon. Do a lot of research before you hit the stores. Don't take fashion advice on the internet too seriously, and try to find stuff you would feel comfortable in at first.

>>28550359
>>28550385
Just beware, some of these girls into fashion actually have terrible taste in clothes. If a robot gets into this with a qt, she could just railroad you into getting a bunch of stuff you'll never feel comfortable in.
>>
>try on a shirt
>kinda doesn't look that good on me
>wash it once
>mfw the fit completely changes,
>actually accentuates my torso now

Weird thing is that it didn't shrink at all. The fabric just fell in a different way after my wearing and washing of it.

Now I'm always trying to think about clothes that might look good on me only AFTER buying.
>>
1. Don't be fat
2. Don't wear bulky clothes. Slim & tapered.
That's it.
>>
>>28550435
>mfw got an unworn express slim fit dress shirt from a thrift store for 2 dollars
>>
>>28550435
Girls are the one you're trying to impress anyways. It's probably a better idea to take their advice instead of some random guy on 4chan's.
>>
>>28550482
t
b
h
Girls don't know shit about what looks good on guys. Instead, they know a lot about what looks good on 10/10 male models who can pull off anything.

You will know the most about what looks good on you. It just takes you trying lots of different clothes and trying lots of different styles.
>>
>>28550476
Express is shit though
>>
>>28550445
Yeah, I got some Hanes comfort fit t-shirts, 3 pack of grey off amazon. I was pretty disappointed at first, but after a couple washes they loosened up and are great now.

>>28550482
I dunno, I see your point, but when you start learning more about this stuff, and look at most girls, you'll notice how shitty some of actually them dress.

If you aren't comfortable in what they pick for you, you won't feel confident and that will show through more than anything. It's not too hard for a guy to dress well if you keep things simple, and it can be cheap if you look around and buy things that work together.
>>
>>28548736
Looks like they're doing better than you
>>
>>28548595
>>28548595
>never do blue on blue

consider self-inflicted death
>>
>>28548283
I wear slim jeans, one color or plain white T-shirts and pic related for shoes. Sometimes I may wear a graphic T-shirts that I ordered from Tee Fury but I mostly just wear those in the house.

This isn't hard. Just make sure you don't wear autism shoes or mom jeans. Or better yet, don't give a fuck. It's your choice.
>>
>>28548988
You're kidding, right? It's useless if you're over 20.
>>
does h&m have good clothes
>>
>>28552317
can you tell me what autism shoes are?
>>
>>28552431
If you don't mind wearing clothes made by literal trafficked slaves.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.