[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does diet coke make you fat? I only ever see fat people order
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: diet coke.jpg (43 KB, 550x344) Image search: [Google]
diet coke.jpg
43 KB, 550x344
Does diet coke make you fat? I only ever see fat people order diet soda, even when they get really fattening meals. I rarely see someone order a diet coke and them not being fat.

I usually order diet soda as I'm trying to lose weight and rather not waste calories on drink. (down 30lbs btw). I also use diet soda when I get urges for something sweet. I'm just wondering if drinking diet soda actually will make me gain weight on my diet.
>>
Yes, it's crap.

Avoid that shit altogether.
>>
Diet soda accelerates fat loss and has an appetite blunting effect. I'm a hungry skellington and love the stuff. I don't think fattening food exists though. The only difference between my diet and fat people's diet is amount of energy consumed. Calories is still calories. I like coke zero because it tastes like coke but satisfies my autism and comes in an edgy black packaging. Diet soda comes off as real feminine and that 10 calorie bullshit triggers my autism. Diet coke and mountain dew dont come in that feminine bland gray packaging so it's a winner.
>>
>>28547461
Drink water faggot, it's healthy, has no calories and doesn't leave you thirsty.
>>
Let the Hodge twins answer that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG0-hyfFkfQ
>>
File: belly.jpg (90 KB, 700x565) Image search: [Google]
belly.jpg
90 KB, 700x565
>>28547461

diet soda makes you crave more food. if you are keeping track of your calories, you will notice an uptick if you start drinking a lot of diet coke.
>>
>2016
>still drinking any type of soda
>>
>>28547579
make sure it's boxed water
>>
>>28547461
It doesn't have any calories, so if you aren't fat and start drinking diet coke, making no other dietary changes, you won't get fat. but most of the people who drink it do so because they got fat already, in part due to drinking regular soda and then switched to diet soda to try and cut calories.
>>
>>28547714
I get cravings to eat even when I don't drink diet soda for a while, so this is not always the case.
>>
>>28547654
They are putting on the southern black accent mane on purpose mane and it is very annoying mane. Do you want to hear how they really are trying to talk like? Listen to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcevtOhujTs
>>
File: mexicoke.jpg (542 KB, 716x1074) Image search: [Google]
mexicoke.jpg
542 KB, 716x1074
I drink at least one of these daily, I'm not even fat. Diet coke tastes like fag shit.
>>
>>28547845

It's never the case. He is a meming faggot.
>>
>>28547461
>.
No, but fat people usually drink i tbecause they think it'll cause them to magically lose weight
That or an excuse to eat more shitty stuff without gaining as much weight
>>
Although regular soda does it to an extent, diet soda is really good at making you hungry, so yes avoiding it is best.
>>
File: 5424.jpg (29 KB, 425x314) Image search: [Google]
5424.jpg
29 KB, 425x314
All the bullshit that's in diet soda is probably worse for your body than the sugar/corn syrup in regular soda
>>
>>28547859

>build wall
>build it tall

Fuck mexico. Worst coke ever.
>>
>>28547928
your just jealous 'cause my soda is better
>>
>>28547859
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPOb3DlB7WA
>>
>>28547904
yeah but, you're not going to get any brain cancer or start feeling the effects from it until you're like 50-60 something, and who's got time to even be alive that long?
>>
Aspartame triggers a hunger response, go figure.
>>
>>28547982
Boolshit, I'mma need proof and explain for this, which I normally reserve for fake faggot females on here, but explain yoself
>>
>>28547982
diet Pepsi doesn't have aspartame anymore
>>
>>28547904

What bullshit are you talking about? The recipe is identical except the swap out fructose for sucralose in the calorie free version. Sucralose is one of the most studied compounds known to man. If it had any negative health impact we would know about it by now.
>>
>>28547793
Only if you live in a place with shit tier water.
Tap water in a lot of places is better than bottled or boxed stuff.
>>
>>28547982

What diet soda has aspartame? Besides that, I've never heard of aspartame causing an increase in hunger, only the opposite. You got a source for your claims?
>>
>>28548032
Is sucralose bad for you? Any time I have splenda or anything with sucralose, I get chest pains. But I don't know if it's just coincidence.
>>
>>28547928
I hate spics too but
Cane sugar > Corn syrup
Always
>>
I mix drinks with diet soda because at least it doesn't have sugar in it. Regular soda is so sickly sweet that it makes my mouth sticky for hours after I drink it and really tastes gross desu. Diet doesn't have that stickiness. Although nothing is better than unsweetened tea master race for casual drinking.
>>
I wouldn't know because soda pop is plebeian swill. As for soft drinks I only have the finest German beers brewed according to the Reinheitsgebot, Belgian Trappist and occasionally I will sink to the level of drinking craft beer but only when I'm already drunk.
>>
>>28548147
Kill this meme.

Originale
>>
aspartame may or may not trigger a hunger response. various artificial sweeteners may or may not give you cancer, I really have no evidence of either

but consider the following:
if you are used to eating very sweet things all the time then you will require more sweetness in order to taste it, so in the end you'll have more sugar because you can't taste the sugar anymore.

your body tries to self regulate. if you jerk off too much then it stops feeling good. if you drink too often then you build a tolerance and you'll have to drink more to be just as drunk. eventually this will cause permanent damage to your body. sugar and the sensation of sweetness are not different

if you want to stop being fat you need to change the way you eat and drink, stop being a food crackhead
>>
File: green-coke.png (390 KB, 706x453) Image search: [Google]
green-coke.png
390 KB, 706x453
>>28548147

Meh, Argentina coke is better than mexican. It has sucrose and stevia instead of just sucrose like the shit mexcrement drinks. It's cheaper and easier to find too.
>>
>>28547995
>>28548032
>>28548084
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/
https://supersweetblog.wordpress.com/list-of-products-containing-aspartame/
>>
>>28548275

You're full of shit. Sucralose activates the 'sweet receptors' with 100s of times higher affinity, If what you say is true then only the opposite of what you say is possible. Calories in vs calories out is the only thing that matters. Stop trying to overcomplicate things, or if you must, at least be right about it.
>>
>>28548361
I ain't got time for that, but that'll do I guess in terms of proof. You tried to prove it, that's more than can be said for anyone else I throw proof and explain at.
>>
>>28548361

Interesting, I may have to switch to diet soda then. I know aspartame is amino acid, so basically protein. If it stimulates appetite too it sounds like a robots best friend as it will help us to gain weight and finally exit skeletown.
>>
File: pepsi.jpg (83 KB, 690x361) Image search: [Google]
pepsi.jpg
83 KB, 690x361
>>28548408
>Aspartame also increased subjective hunger ratings compared to glucose or water [34]. Glucose preload reduced the perceived pleasantness of sucrose, but aspartame did not [34]. In another study, aspartame, acesulfame potassium, and saccharin were all associated with heightened motivation to eat and more items selected on a food preference list [35]. Aspartame had the most pronounced effect, possibly because it does not have a bitter aftertaste. Unlike glucose or sucrose, which decreased the energy intake at the test meal, artificial sweetener preloads either had no effect [33,35] or increased subsequent energy intake [36,37]. Those findings suggest that the calorie contained in natural sweeteners may trigger a response to keep the overall energy consumption constant.
>>
>>28548491

Aspartame is aspartame, dumbfuck. Splenda is splenda, a completely different compound.
>>
>>28548491
And yet I can drink a few cans of diet dr. pepper and still not be hungry, these eggheads are speaking bullshit. I'm going to need Stephen Hawking to roll his ass on over and break it down/prove it for me in person if I'm to believe this pen and clipboard laboratory bullshit
>>
>>28548663

The image he posted alone should be enough for you to realize he is full of shit and has no idea what he is talking about.
>>
>>28548082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?av=nXFViD80oAc
>>
>>28548338

they have that here in america where I live, michigan have never had it might try it
>>
File: drink soda.png (15 KB, 585x291) Image search: [Google]
drink soda.png
15 KB, 585x291
trophic
>>
>>28548361
>https://supersweetblog.wordpress.com/list-of-products-containing-aspartame/

That list must be out dated. They say right on the diet pepsi can now aspartame free last time I bought one. Maybe it's diet caffeine free pepsi now that I think of it.
>>
File: typo.jpg (68 KB, 720x529) Image search: [Google]
typo.jpg
68 KB, 720x529
>>28548661
I uploaded the wrong picture as I wanted a close up of a can of pepsi but this is all I could find, it was meant to be edited. It's late.

>>28548687
As if that completely undermines the study you fucking twat, you're worse than people who point out typos.
>>
>>28547563
there's a lot of nonsense surrounding health but I thought diet sodas did the opposite to appetite
>>
>>28548879

A typo is understandable. I make them all the time. Confusing two completely different compounds is not even comparable though
>>
File: 1421600708119.png (524 KB, 600x740) Image search: [Google]
1421600708119.png
524 KB, 600x740
>>28547461
Ignore all the BS in this thread, I'll give you the truth.

>Diet soda does not make you fat
>It is 0 calorie and your body does not recognise it as food, it quickly passes it from your system without using any of it. This is why diet soda makes you piss more often, more frequently.
>While it does not make you fat, it is still unhealthy for you, unhealthy for your kidneys and maybe carcinogenic.
>It also fuels appetite, as when you drink diet soda, your body expects food and begins the metabolic processes associated with consumption, however it does not derive any nutrition for better or worse from the diet soda, making you hungry. Thus, if you're a fat fuck, diet soda will make you want to eat more.
>People who tend to drink diet soda tend to be heavy eaters anyway.
>>
>>28548947
I didn't confuse them as I stated in my previous post. This was a picture on the internet. It's hard to find a close up of a can of diet pepsi.

You can go look for yourself.
>>
>>28548338
lol, that tastes like crap, do you unironically enojoy that? good for you my white friend
>>
>>28548947
Not him but his point here was that he is trying to show that diet pepsi has aspartame. He realises that Splenda and aspartame are not the same thing, yet the picture he posted was the only one he could find that has a close up of the ingredients of a diet Pepsi can.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.