[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no internet friends How do you befriend people on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: 1366417744755.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1366417744755.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>tfw no internet friends

How do you befriend people on the internet again?
>>
Depends. Do you post on forums? Do you go to IRC?
>>
>>28546552
Neither of those.
>>
>>28546578

Well shit, I'm out of ideas.
>>
>>28546588
Man it used to be so simple back in the days of Xbox Live, everybody had a mic and making friendships was easy.
>>
File: Girl.gif (322 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Girl.gif
322 KB, 800x450
I ask people if they want to be my friends on public chats in video games. A lot of people make fun of me, but there's always one person willing to talk to me. I want friendships but I feel like I don't bring anything to the conversation. Things get pretty awkward and then we stop messaging each other completely and forget the interaction between us ever happen.

I'm going to continue spamming my friend request until I find a person who clicks with me
>>
>>28546530
OP do you wanna be my friend?
>>
>>28546722
Are you a liberal?
>>
Yeah I'm lost too. I joined a couple forums for stuff I like (a specific genre of anime). And I mean, it's not like I don't fit in there or anything. But I haven't made any friends. I make posts but I don't really have "conversations", and I don't know how to connect with them to become friends outside of that forum.

I seem to remember having a much easier time when I was a kid. I could play a game or join a forum and have a few people I'd consider friends. I just don't know how, now.
>>
>>28546602
>tfw 80 xbl friends
>tfw never talk to any of them
>>
File: 0eat.gif (667 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
0eat.gif
667 KB, 400x400
Just be yourself and never add anyone from this place
>>
>>28546750
no.

are you a friendless virgin?
>>
I miss when I was younger and could make friends easily on mmos. Everyone appeared to be more friendlier. Now I'm left with none of my past internet friends. I'm going to start playing ToS and maybe try again.
>>
Making friends is easy, making close friends is extremely hard.
>>
>>28546857
Everyone is now in parties and clans. Just like in real life.
>>
>>28546868
I see. I can always pretend I'm someone's friend. ;_;
>>
File: 0vomit.png (57 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
0vomit.png
57 KB, 680x680
>>28546934
>Pretend to be x
Gross
>>
What are your interests? Maybe we could start from there.
>>
Why would you even want internet friends, it's very shallow and a poor substitute for the real thing
>>
>>28546846
No.

Do you like learning about war?
>>
>tfw no online friends
>tfw no irl friends
>>
>>28546857
are you me? the only difference is I'm not even trying to make internet friends anymore.
>>
>>28546942
Fuck off. Let me pretend the NPC is my friend.
>>
>>28546957
Because real friends suck sometimes and I'm naturally introverted which doesn't help with it. I do have real friends but I don't see them as much as I used to.
>>
Same, wanna be friends?
>>
File: whatever.jpg (120 KB, 956x500) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
120 KB, 956x500
just go to a forum or site of something you like and try to not be so autistic, you will be just fine.
>>
I used to not know how to get internet friends but then i joined a disckrd server and now i have many who i talk to everyday
>>
>>28546982
Maybe. There's no point in trying at this point desu
>>
>>28546969
no
too bad, i wanted you to be a loser like me

bye, and good luck!
>>
>>28546826
Tfw you still play games with a friend you met 10 years ago on xbl. Fucking crazy when I think about it.
>>
>>28546969
/pol/ack here who likes war. want to be 1488 buddies
>>
>be talking to robot on omegle
>he is a superneet who doesn't leave his house
>bring up vidya
>turns out we play a lot of the same games
>ask him for his steam name so we can play together
>he disconnects

Making internet friends is hard.
>>
its the same with any relationship, its about geting something mutual out of the interraction, thats why its easy making friends through games.

Find a game you enjoy playing for yourself, be less of an asshole the average player, and people playing the same game, will have a more positive experience playing with you then a random.

An dont be fucking clingy, as i said play the game for your self add people as you go. The game is the goal you share together, not them becoming your friend.
>>
>>28547094
I'd like to have steam friends but I'm always so scared they'll think I'm shit at video games
>>
>>28546982
are YOU me? In the same exact position. I never put myself out there, I only lurk. Still, would be nice to have someone to talk to.
>>
File: 6270.jpg (31 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
6270.jpg
31 KB, 720x720
>>28547127
Sounds like you are someone who is too autistic for any kind of friends senpai
>>
>>28546969
What aspect of war though? Do you mean like historical stuff or stragety, tactics and battlefield situations?
>>
>>28547127
>they'll think I'm shit at video games
if they are like that that only means they are cunts and mentally childs.
>>
I have several people on my friends list, but only one of them is someone I'd consider a "friend."
The rest I barely talk to, they're just there because they liked my uploads or something.

That's how a lot of friends lists are, even on social media. Actually especially on social media. Dont use social media.
>>
>>28547127
You just have to find non tryhard people who just want to have fun, or just befriend a load of 11 year olds the majority of them are probably more shit than you.
>>
>>28546530
>how to friend

Fuck friends. Irl or online.
Solo life best life.
>>
>>28547182
Nearly every aspect of war in infinitely interesting.

>>28547089
Also /pol/ack here, fuck ye m8.
>>
>>28529226
tbbhwyfampai
>>
I've always found the easiest way to get online friends is to join a game with a sense of community/server with regular players who will start to recognise you etc.
>>
File: 2578.jpg (40 KB, 846x1053) Image search: [Google]
2578.jpg
40 KB, 846x1053
>>28547379
>tfw most modern games have match making and destroy this kind of stuff
even fucking Overwatch is doing it
>>
Been on the internet for years and haven't made a friend ever. Sucks being someone who is too scared to initiate.
>>
For me, I made most of my friends just doing some bantz during competitive CS matches.
Prolly going to do that with OW, too.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.