[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
25+ General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12
File: 25+.png (148 KB, 551x641) Image search: [Google]
25+.png
148 KB, 551x641
Get the FUCK in here grandpas. How's everyone holding up?

>tfw suddenly 40 year olds don't look or seem that old anymore
>tfw suddenly 40 doesn't seem that far away
>>
42/m here, meet and fucked a 19 yr old girl off 4chan, why don't you go after younger girls?
>>
32/m

Too old to enjoy spending much time with the young 'uns, not old enough yet to have earned the respect of the senior partners.
>>
Been wagecucking the same crap labor job for about 15 years.

End is in sight, talk of redundancy payouts.

Been feeling retrospective about my working life, and realized it is all shit. Maybe a handful of interesting stories about the last 15 years of my life, and all of them are about something bad happening.

How the fuck can 15 years just... vanish
>>
>>28544754
What was the actual job?
>>
>>28545297
Postal Work.

Machines and internet shopping finally putting us out of the job.

Gimme dat redundancy, i'll fucking run out of the job
>>
25. Spent my day off sleeping in, drinking, feeling sorry for myself. Its not so much the depression, its the hopeless feeling I have in the pit of my stomach that keeps me up at night. It really isn't getting any better, I have nowhere to go. Stuck in a shit job and trying to go to community college on the side to get my degree. I have no friends, nobody.
>>
File: 1458980029662.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1458980029662.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
25 in 3 days
Your average 18 year old is further along in life than I am
>>
File: mfw.png (681 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
681 KB, 1280x720
>>28545611
>>28545677
Once I hit 25, I knew my life was over. 26 next month.

>Experienced neet life, no money for anything, people shitting on the self esteem you have.
>Experienced wagekuck, no time for anything, no joy in games.
>>
26. Life's good but I feel like my comfortable salary is making me complacent.

I've been putting off going back to grad school for two years, have yet to start my own business as I've dreamed of forever.

I am in a home search - and when I close on one it will be a 30 year commitment in which I will no longer be able to assume the same kind of risks in my career, but if I don't, I'll continue wasting money renting and not building equity, especially if I don't actually take any big steps in life.

Dating's difficult because not only are my options still somewhat shitty as a robot, but now I feel more obligated than ever to find wife material rather than just dating casually - and that raising of the bar means my viable options are near nil in this social zeitgeist.
>>
File: popping.jpg (45 KB, 320x278) Image search: [Google]
popping.jpg
45 KB, 320x278

I'm pathetic by human standards but as long as I avoid humans I might be able to survive.
>>
>>28545742

Same, 25 is the year that really fucked me up. I also don't find joy in anything anymore. Not video games, not gym. I don't do anything outside work besides drink, smoke weed, browse r9k.
>>
>27 years old
>40 is only 13 years away
wake me up inside. ive wasted my 20s and will probably die a KV. oh well
>>
>>28544609
How'd you manage to do that?
>>
File: 1266580528904.png (211 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1266580528904.png
211 KB, 640x480
>26
>Full time job, friends with coworkers
>virgin
>hmm I need to order a uniform, going to check my work email to find that info
>Boss sent me 10 emails at 5am (on a Saturday) for things to do on Monday
Guess I'm going in early on Monday!
>>
>a little past the midpoint of my post-undergrad and pre-graduate break
>high and playing vidya and reading really good books
Guess I better enjoy the free time while I have it.
>>
File: meerkat7.jpg (43 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
meerkat7.jpg
43 KB, 460x288
I'm 21, never had a girlfriend, made out with lots fof women in clubs though cuz i'm tall and shit. this one girl in art school keeps staring at me all the fucking time and I Dont know why. and laiughs ymat at my hjokes. likes my aowork too. I'm drunk but do you thihnk she ilikes me? she fucking stares at me all the iutme.
>>
>>28546437
What are you going to study in grad school?
>>
>>28544560
I'm 25, completely wasted my 20s so far.

My dream is to get a stable 40 hr/week job that allows me to earn enough for a small apartment, car and enough money left over for my hobbies.

In my free time I'll play video games/watch anime/etc.

I have zero interest in 3D women. I fucking love being alone but the problem is I can't make money being a NEET do I need to find s job this year
>>
>>28546303
I decided to just bee myself
>>
File: tick tock tick tock anon.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
tick tock tick tock anon.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
Turning 30 in September, living with my dad who is lonely and will never kick me out

I'm a virgin, never had any friends, no work experience at all, have a useless BA in Psychology and an equally useless 2-year office administration diploma, thankfully no debt from school, have about $70,000 in savings from various inheritances

I know now is the time to do something with my life but I don't know what, I can't picture myself having any kind of career and it just feels like I'm out of time
>>
>turn 25 in a month
>my life is completely fucked up
>I wasted my youth and have constant anxiety and panic attacks
>25 is going to hit me like a ton of bricks and I think it's what will finally push me to kill myself
>>
>>28546748
Basically research of psychology.
>>
I'm almost 33 and never had gf.

I also went back to college. I'm happy I did, but it still feels pretty lonely.

To cheer myself up I do the same thing I did in my childhood/teens/20's: I watch anime.
>>
>>28546596
This is the most authentically human post I've seen all day.

With that said, take the plunge and ask her out, or at least for her number.
>>
>>28546829
Try painting your feelings on the wall using your brains as paint and a gun for a paintbrush.
>>
32 neet. Want to die every day. Stuck at home with ill parents. Can't get out. Never worked a day in my life because I was hopelessly coddled and parents taught me nothing. No money, no job experience, no friends, no gf. I don't think I could even get a job that would pay enough to allow me to be independent at this stage in life. Days still ticking by despite how bad everything keeps getting. Future looking pretty bleak.
>>
>>28547090

well shes' an innocentt lgirl. but so am I guess, nveer had sex or anything. she has gigantic hair too. i like tjat.
>>
>>28547154

Just ask your parents for a job. My dad got me a cozy job shitposting at his place and I took it easy for a few years until I started having a bad quarter life crisis and realized most 25 year olds were making more than $12/hr and I quit to go back to school on my savings I amassed from shitposting. I picked up a part time job all on my own without calling in any favors or nepotism. I jjust applied to like 5 places and took the one that had the best experiences. I told the interviewer I didn't care about money and just wanted a neat job. It's only $9.25/hr but as a bonus I can tell them if I don't feel like working and they cut my hours drastically. They're good to me because they want me to work there once I graduate. Anyway I just bullshitted most of the interview. Noone checks that shit so go all out. I talked about my ecommerce business I never started as if I had started it and made myself sound like a super anal type a organized leader type guy who just wants to get familiar with the hospital while in school and make a little spending money for my side projects.
>>
>2012 doesn't feel distant at all and I was 17 by then
>21 years now
>it will be 2020 and I'll be 25 before I even fucking know it

Genuinely frightening to be quite honest with you familia.
>>
>>28547364

she's so fucking legit man u have no idea. never seneen a girl like her and imnot joking. iu feel like a retarded fuccboi compared to her
>>
28 here. I'm doing pretty well in my career, shame I started so late (fuck neet life). Socially, of course I'm absolute shit. HKV, autist, people laugh at me (mostly because I'm ugly as shit). Even my own protege drops all these "weell you'd know if you ever had a girl" lines.
>>
27 here. I want to die

>live on my own in a small apartment
>may have to give my dog away because shes not adjusting well to living inside
>getting shit hours at my job
>feel as though ive lost my mind and cant think critically

Its never going to get better, is it
>>
>>28547662

stop talking to your self you illiterate fuck
>>
28 here, I've never been happier.
>self employed
>new car
>Korean gf who worships me
>big 2 bedroom apartment in year round warm state
>own popular website that has gotten me script deals, book deals and movie deal
>widely considered a genius by peers, family and acquaintances
>5'3"

Feels good man. Funny thing is a few years ago I remember worrying about getting older, I don't even think about it now for some reason. Each year is better than the last.
>>
>>28548028

get cucked fag

no one will ever love your boring ass
>>
>>28548265
What kind of website do you run?
>>
>26
>depression since 12
>got 4 year humanities degree
>wage cucked for two years in normie years
>worked in korea teaching for a year
>went to teachers college
>broke down in teachers college and got therapy and meds
>all people knew of my breakdown and normies bullied me and spread rumors
>all principals and teachers in district know and some hate me others not
>off of meds that barely worked
>crippling depression for a year now after i graduated unable to get out of bed or function normally
>working a shitty 10 hour a week wagecuck job since last month
>looking at getting a teaching gig but nowhere in my area. If i move to a shitty northern town or reserve will be depressed
>can't get hired by international schools because i will need meds most likely and will break down
>can't talk to former friend circle
>want to die

Life is suffering. I'm just one of those people not meant to be happy
>>
>20 year old khv but not bothered
>Doing meme degree
>failed 5 classes first year
>repeating 4 now
>barely passing one and will probably fail the exam
>no friends, but two siblings that pity me
So quick question should I drop out of uni and be a wagecuck, I here lots of anons end up being unemployed for years after graduation
>>
>>28548809
It can get better, life isn't black and white
>>
>>28548989
>I here lots of anons end up being unemployed for years after graduation
They just tell their parents they can't find jobs so they can stay and be lazy cause they're scared of having to get a real job after years of goofing around in education. They give their parents excuses so often that they start to believe it themselves that they can't be hired. Nobody with a college degree will have a difficult time finding employment if they actually look.
>>
>>28548525
Film related
>>
31/m

Okay but not great. Working two jobs in the service sector. On average I get maybe 1 full day off every 2-3 weeks. Moved into my own place in March after living with my mom for the past year and a half. Most of the friends I still have are living pretty normal lives so I don't really see them all that often anymore. Never had a girlfriend, virgin, trying to make a late start at dating but I don't know how much success I'll have considering I don't really have a career or have really dated much before. Try to keep myself occupied in my free time with a few hobbies although I still find myself browsing 4chan fairly often.

Guess I'm gonna keep trying for a few more years. 31 is still young(ish), right?
>>
>>28549014
I used to think that way and now i'm finally giving up that myth. I've been struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts since i was 12--and i always thought if i worked hard at it i could get better. I tried my best, did everything i was supposed to, tried the social normie life and nothing really made the depression go away. I'm just one of those people that isn't meant to be happy. I'll never get a nice teaching job, get married, have kids, get a house or any of that nice normal stuff. Never.
>>
I am 29 khv. Yes I am browsing a board of lonely teenagers on my friday night, this is my life for many years.
>>
>>28545870
>26
>comfortable salary making you complacent
>haven't yet started the business you wanted to start

Fug, I'm worried this will be me in a few years. Anything you can think of that you wished you'd done to not be as complacent?
>>
>>28549077

no, it's not young

at all
>>
>>28549102
Well cynical people are always depressed, that is why they are cynical, it never changes if you can not lose your logical mind and pray to a faith, it will still never change but you will feel like it will.
>>
>>28549143
It is young you idiot. Not everybody is a child. Time moves differently at our age.
>>
>>28549158
You don't seem to understand my point. I used to think i could get better, i was hopeful that if i worked hard and pulled up my bootstraps that i could make it. I thought this for so long and it's only recently i've realized that people like me have struggles that can't be overcame with elbow grease. I was born this way. I wish you were right but experience tells me you are wrong.
>>
>>28549052
Thanks, I'll just do part time work while doing the course
>>
File: enough.jpg (36 KB, 600x564) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
36 KB, 600x564
Every time I venture out into society the norms attack me until I scamper back into my cave.

>dude get a job you disgusting lazy loser
>get job
>they work together to get me fired because I don't talk much

Fuck your society
>>
>>28549077
Yes 31 is still young.

For some reason a lot of people seem to think that life is almost over at 25.

65 and up is old.
>>
25/khv
not a single friend
i consider myself relatively attractive, i just have SA so i have never made a move on a girl or tried to, easily an 8/10 chad if i went to the gym
40 hour a week wagecuck job
dont smoke drink or do drugs not because i think its bad, i just never got into it as a teenager and i dont see a reason to start as itll just be more of a money drain

literally dead inside
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 241x209
>>28547442

>Graduated in 2011
>Congratulate my 2 high school friends on normiebook who went to college and ask what they were planning on doing
>Anon we graduated last year
>It's 2016 not 2015
>>
>>28549425
at my high school literally every student went to college even the stoner kid went to community college
>>
>>28549448

I went to work in the family business instead but it still hits hard.

I was mentally preparing myself for weeks to work up a conversation I only have once a year or so just to realize I somehow lost track of an entire year
>>
File: 1463039151255.jpg (55 KB, 621x435) Image search: [Google]
1463039151255.jpg
55 KB, 621x435
>>28549391
>I'm attractive I just can't get teh grills or friends , because muh angziety
That's "smart but lazy" tier excuse
>>
>>28546821
learn a trade, take out half of that and put it into a roth ira.
>>
>>28546783
I have all that shit. The job, the apartment, the car, the extra dosh. It's shit.

It's a hamster wheel anon. My advice is get that shit and then save up money. Don't waste it on a hobby. Just save it toward a passion like exploring the world or becoming an artist or something that has some fucking meaning. Don't ride that fucking treadmill into the grave.
>>
>>28549516
>communicate with people only through the internet
>receive nice compliments from people, people would say they would fuck
>too beta to go through and meet them even if they wanted to
>>
File: 1439060527790.jpg (206 KB, 932x1212) Image search: [Google]
1439060527790.jpg
206 KB, 932x1212
>>28549074
As a fellow manlet who is going into film, mind dropping me a link? Getting started in this business is fucking insane. Shit I'd even take advice at this point if you have any.
>>
>>28544560

>just turned 26

>haven't done shit except NEET it up playng vidya and watching anime since I graduated college

>only the thought of living with my mom in my 30s keeps me from going off the deepend into autismbux territory

hello i would like 1 job now pls thanks
>>
Turning 30 soon. Don't know what I want out of life. Starting to have a lot of death anxiety. Benzos are helping. I'm probably pretty fucked really. Least I got a decent job. Long hours are killing me though.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.