[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Pill Me on Security Jobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: baskkkketball.png (679 KB, 742x717) Image search: [Google]
baskkkketball.png
679 KB, 742x717
Give me any info you can on them. Are they as comfy as this board says they are? Are they really that easy to get?
>>
File: worried-pepe.jpg (8 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
worried-pepe.jpg
8 KB, 241x228
b-b-bump...

original comment you nazi kike filters.[/spoiler[
>>
they aren't easy to get, at least in my state (you need certificates)

they usually pay like shit

there's a chance you might have to deal with confrontation (I've been in 2 fights before), something a beta ass frogposting pussy like you is obviously not prepared for
>>
Depends on where you want to do it. Friend of mine did security for a middle school and it was the cushiest job hes ever had.
>>
>>28544919
>he fell for the frogposter meme

>>28545407
>middle school
having to interact with people during the DAY isn't really what I'm looking for
>>
File: 1461818517881.jpg (19 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
1461818517881.jpg
19 KB, 440x300
>>28544034
bumping

i want to know too
>>
>>28544034
Does anybody have the "I'm a black lesbian and you can't say otherwise or you're oppressing me" version of this image?
>>
>>28545488
>security
>not interacting with people
Pick one. You literally cannot avoid talking to people if you want to do security, even if you do graveyard shifts.
>>
Depends on what you want to do.

Armed security pays nice however you need to be a Class 3 armed here in TX. Average starting pay is ~14$. But the downside is you have to use a company approved sidearm or client approved sidearm.

It can be a good or bad if you own something close enough. I.E the client i work for requests us to use Glock 17 or 22.

If you work special contract jobs you use a company approved firearm. Those are what I do. I carry a 1911 GI and those net me about 18-22$/hr for anywhere from a couple hours to a full 8-16hr shift.

Class 2 here in TX is unarmed security. Pay averages about 10-11$/hr.

Most class 2 contracts are cheese jobs. I babysit a warehouse and fuck around on my phone for 95% of the shift. The pay is shit and we have a high turnover rate.

The upside is lots of OT. The downside is no time off. You're always on call. Especially armed.

If you go armed you can work with Dunbar,Loomis or Brinks and work with armored cars. I don't know much other than you are required to do lifting while wearing a plate carrier vest or a Kevlar vest with a stop plate.

Getting into security isn't hard. Interview. Fill our application. Spend 25-50$(usually company will pay for it)to get your class 2 and get the assignment.

Minimum age is 18 for unarmed for armed its depending on state but I think most are 21.

Class 3 is you have to take courses, and I strongly recommend taking additional courses on threat assessment and weapons training. Especially if you want to go armored.

If you wanna know more just ask.

>former jailer turned security (3yrs)
>>
>>28545772
Do you really not need any prior job experience to work security? (i.e. military, LE)
>>
>>28545954

No not really. They'll train you. If you can follow directions and can do basic math you'll be fine. Its basically following protocol and enforcing the clients rules. I.E you have to wear closed toe shoes in the warehouse. No sandals.

You will have to interact with people on a professional level and maintain yourself. So a haircut and depending on company facial hair may or may not be allowed. But if you can develop the people skills you can do pretty well in security and it's a good way to build them if yours are lacking.

Mine let's me keep my goatee. But others its mustache or nothing(but no facial hair below the earlobe)

I went security because my jails admin and I didn't get along. I was tired of being their target.
>>
>>28545488

if you're afraid of interacting with people the job is not for you.

even graveyard shift security jobs involve interacting with people, one of my coworkers was just let go for basically being a weirdshit who couldn't talk to people and was too afraid of confrontation to actually do his job.

the whole "I browse the Internet all night and get paid for it and never have to interact with anyone" meme is an exaggeration.
>>
>>28546027

Depends on your contract.

If you get a good one you can do that. But you'll still have periods of busy time that you gotta work with people.

I run appointments for rigs to let them in and out of the warehouse. After 130am its dead for me. On the weekend shifts it might even end after 830pm then it's just the clients trucks or letting the over the road drivers out
>>
>germany
>security firm around me hiring like a motherfucker, they need loads of burly men because of all refugee centres
>jump at the opportunity without really thinking bout it, have been hartzing for two years now and i aint bout that life
>4-5 days a week, 12 hours a day
Starting to regret my decision desu senpai
>>
red pill me on using red pill as a verb
>>
>>28546229
watch The Matrix
>>
>>28544034
It's not a job for a beta.
>>
>>28546262
yeah but red pill me on why it should or shouldn't be used since it's fucking stupid
>>
>>28546291
its just a phrase dude. get over yourself.
>>
>>28546307
no you go fuck yourself you subhuman waste of air
>>
>>28546290
This. The comfy job meme is a load of shit. There might be exceptions but usually people who say this are probably unemployed themselves and just looking for those (you)'s.
>>
>>28544034
It depends, sometimes i spend 10 hours walking in the alleys of some random convention, sometimes i'm 7 hours up at an entrance dealing with people, sometimes i'm alone and can do pretty much anything i want, overall it's a pretty boring job desu
>>
is there a lot of contract work out there? or part time work? i'm thinking of security too.
i'm really skinny but i have a beard so maybe that compensates. i look homeless, sorta.
ideally i'd get a job where i sit or stand somewhere, but that's probably not gonna happen.
>>
>>28546438

Depends you'd have to see what contracts are available when/if you get hired by the company.

Plenty of part time stuff.but you'd have to look like you aren't homeless.
>>
>>28546490
word famalam. i guess i'll see cause i like the beard.
>>
>>28546433
I work in a call center
poll/survey oriented
it's comfy.i sit in a nice chair at a modern station with all the latest plantronics kit. some people are chill. some people yell at you but it's funny. there's usually free chocolate.
>>
File: choking-on-my-anger.jpg (7 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
choking-on-my-anger.jpg
7 KB, 236x236
>>28546920
>can enunciate and speak loudly/normally in social situations

normies GTFO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28546438
I don't know how it is in America but in my company we have several manlets or bearded/tattoed people
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.