[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else /skipping prom/ here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12
File: hoodfrog.jpg (109 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
hoodfrog.jpg
109 KB, 579x570
who else /skipping prom/ here
>>
>tfw 27yo
>tfw never went to any dances
>tfw never went to either junior/senior prom

Still turned out okay, though. Never felt like I missed out on anything other than a forgetful, expensive night with a girl I didn't love or wasn't dating.
>>
File: 1462753421578.png (329 KB, 929x309) Image search: [Google]
1462753421578.png
329 KB, 929x309
I already did
Yxnj
>>
I went to prom on acid, it was amazing.
>>
>>28541259
it's not "skipping" prom if no one wants to go with you
>>
>>28542130

Most losers nowadays just go with their friends. It's still not that common to skip.
>>
Nobody gives a shit about prom. This isnt the '50s
>>
File: HXQ42mI.jpg (294 KB, 780x3047) Image search: [Google]
HXQ42mI.jpg
294 KB, 780x3047
>>28541259
Knew from freshman year I wasn't going to go to it or even walk for graduation, they're sending me the diploma. they always have a few kids who also don't go. Nobody will notice you weren't there or care to find you. High schoolers don't care and neither does anybody else if you tell them you didn't
does kind of feel bad since it's usually shown to be magical and the highlight of your high school years. it's really not.
>>28542283
>friends
>losers
They're not actual losers then.
>>
>>28542439

I guess. By losers I meant "people that can't get a date to save their lives"
>>
I only went to 2 dances in my life, my first one is why I didn't like going to them much.
>be chubby (fat as fuc) 8th grader
>ask girl to dance
>says no, because she'll be out of town
>i feel good and prepare for the next dance to ask her because she'll say yes right?
>go to dance with bros
>see her at the dance with other guy
>fuk
>tell friends I have to go and spend 4 hours in bathroom crying because pussy.
Second one I went to was when I was a sophomore and I was in the band that was playing that night.
I ran home crying because pussy.
>>
>>28541259
i kinda regret not going now :(
>>
>>28542720
Sorry anon. Was the second due to you having social anxiety?
>>
>>28541259
im out of HS but I skipped prom and slept with a sophomore at the afterparty

then fucked my girlfriend the next day
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 694x647) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 694x647
I didnt really feel like i skipped anything because i never even considered going to prom or any of the dances. It was never on my mind. In fact i didnt even know when prom was until the week after and everyone was talking about it on monday. Havent regreted it since or even really thought about it since. Only think about it when i see the occassional prom thread around this time of year. tbfh i would have probably actually had regret if i went or tried to go because i would have probably fucked up asking out some random girl or fucked up something on the actual prom day.

On a somewhat related sidenote, my younger brother is a chad and is a freshman. He got a date with some stacy to homecoming(i think is what its called or whatever the dance in the fall is that all grades can go to.) Anyway he went with a group of chads and stacies, and two of the stacies, including one that was his date ditched him and his friend as soon as they got to the dance and went off somewhere else during the rest of the dance. Apparently the stacies were also having some internal drama and during a small after party they went to the stacies ignored everyone else there.

I also remember girls at my school that were dating guys but were going to dump them waiting another month and staying with them just for prom then dumping them the day after. That also happened to my cousin. Also know girls at my high school that would say yes to one guy then get asked by a different guy that they liked better or thought was hotter and then tell the previous guy nevermind a couple days before prom and go with chad.

tldr: i dont think you are missing much
>>
>>28542779
No, I've never really had issues with that. I just started to remember my last school dance and snapped like a twig when I was heading out
>>
>>28542736
my prom wasn't that great, I went to mine and I ended up in a corner on my own because I have no social skills and didn't really like many of the people at my school.
>>
>see this picture
>sub consciously assume this thread isn't for me
>scroll past it

>wait what the fuck
>holy shit i only scrolled past it because i thought it was a thread for brits only
>because of brit feels threads
>>
File: Europa.png (144 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Europa.png
144 KB, 500x400
>>28541259
I'm honestly happy my country does not have prom as I would be in the same position as you.
>>
>>28542439
>They're not actual losers then.

I'm sick of this meme, you can have friends and still be a complete fuck up. Do you think women care if you've had friends? no they will still be disgusted by you even if you have friends. You can have friends and still be a kv you can have friends and still be depressed, you can have friends and still be a neet. are those not loser qualitys?
>>
File: 1461811929824.jpg (37 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1461811929824.jpg
37 KB, 480x480
>>28541259
>tfw went to prom alone
>tfw I was the only one without a date
>tfw I locked myself in a toilet for a few hours
Jesus Christ someone just fucking kill me already
>>
Story time, sorry for block of text.

I went to my grade 8 prom with a 7/10 girl that almost every guy in my grade liked, and i'm ugly af.

I asked her out to prom like a week earlier and when the dance came, i was too pussy to even approach her. Then all my friends peer pressured me into slow dancing with her. When a slow song came on i approached her and asked if she wanted to dance, while everyone was fucking watching us. When we slow danced together, we never made eye contact and i got half a boner going on. I made a cringy as FUCK joke, saying i should have looked up a youtube video because i didn't know how to dance, she didn't laugh. After the song was over we just awkwardly walked away from each other.

Almost killed myself that night. She was my first (gf???) girl i've ever tried having a relationship with. She never texted me after that dance and I never had a gf since.

Screw girls and friends dude, waste of time.
>>
skipped prom. 12 years ago. kind of regretted it in my early 20s because i was a moody faggot back then. 30 now and never think about that high school shit anymore.
>>
File: thatfeel_3.jpg (28 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
thatfeel_3.jpg
28 KB, 500x289
>>28543179
rip in feels dude
>>
>>28543179
>tfw my oneitis hid from me my 8th grade dance. Because I wanted to dance with her.
>>
File: 1451254902206.jpg (12 KB, 200x215) Image search: [Google]
1451254902206.jpg
12 KB, 200x215
>>28543141
>you can have friends and still be a complete fuck up

no you actually cant, fuck right off normie.
>>
I could've asked that 6/10 girl that low key wanted my D throughout high school even before I lost a lot of weight and became an 8/10.

I could've asked that loser Asian girl that sat next to me who no one besides me would have ever asked anyways.

I could've asked that other loser girl who also low key wanted my dick but was an annoying 3/10 hippie bitch.

I probably could've managed asking out at least a 7/10.

But I stayed home and regretted nothing.
>>
>>28543179
didnt actually seem like that bad of a joke desu

assuming the delivery wasnt that bad i probably would have laughed

but then again im not a girl
>>
>>28543733
Okay so the junkie down the street sucking dick for money for crack isn't a loser because hes got friends okay.
>>
>>28543733

As a person with many friends, I can conclude I am a fuck up with mental illnesses and constant suffering.
>>
File: 1449876160769.png (2 MB, 893x1920) Image search: [Google]
1449876160769.png
2 MB, 893x1920
>>28543741

I can promise you you're not even close to 8/10. You just look better than what you did before so you automatically rate yourself high. This is an 8.
>>
>>28543772
Don't mention that you will get called a "normie" by newfags.

The only thing that should make someone a normalfag on this board is if they're not a virgin.
>>
>>28543807
That's a 9, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>28543807
That guy is wearing fucking makeup.
>>
>>28543807
hottie :3
>>
>>28541259
Couldn't go because no faggots allowed
>>
Prom's coming up in a few weeks here. Avoiding that shit like Clinton about her e-mails
>>
File: 1463165108850.jpg (26 KB, 511x340) Image search: [Google]
1463165108850.jpg
26 KB, 511x340
>school threatened students that is there were any end-of-year-pranks that the prom would be cancelled
>eggs get thrown around
>some aimed at me
>had to walk home a shivering, yolk covered mess
>prom was cancelled
>chads and staceys still held a house party with booze and loud music
>i ofc wans't invited to such an event
no fuck your youthful celebrations
>>
bumperoni with cheese
>>
>>28544358
Not much else to say, it will just be a culmination and the natural outcome of all the failures in my life and I plan to drink enough till I pass out so that if I die it's for the better and if I live then it's a sign from god.
>>
>>28544186
prom is fucking stupid though. it's not like the shit you see in movies. It's just an awkward as hell social gathering cause there's no alcohol and they literally lock you in until 6am cause they don't want kids to go out and party after.
>>
I'm not allowed to bring my boyfriend, so I'm just going to spend the night with him.
>>
File: 1364582803298.jpg (46 KB, 1095x525) Image search: [Google]
1364582803298.jpg
46 KB, 1095x525
Seeing all these threads here lately makes me feel old. Like "skipping prom" makes you underaged and 17 or an 18 year old senior. I graduated 8 years ago and honest to god completely forgot about senior prom until like 2 weeks ago when someone made a thread.

Needless to say "missing prom" isn't something that you'll regret. Hell its probably something you wont even remember 5 years from now.
>>
>went to prom in junior year
>had a date
>I had known her for a couple years as a friend
>held her hands and tried going in for a kiss
>she didn't want it
>she graduated a year early and went to college
>she has probably gotten fucked by Chad
>I haven't seen her since
That was the last chance I had with a girl. I'll never get that close again.
>>
>>28543807
So you're telling me that 2 out of every 10 guys are more attractive than him? fucking spastic
>>
File: Sketch236143450.jpg (126 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Sketch236143450.jpg
126 KB, 720x720
>>28541259
I bought my ticket. Not wasting $80 so I'm going even though deep down I don't want to.
>>28542130
>not going stag
>>
>>28544541
Thank you bestgirlposter
My regrets are cured
>>
>be in 8th grade
>see hot girl
>get her number
>text her every day for entire year
>friday, week before 8th grade formal
>ask her
>she said she'll think about it
>some friends (incl. girls) here about it and congratulate me
>4 o'clock after school
>get call from her on later on the same day
>"hey what's up?"
>"I don't want to go to the formal with you. I think you are a fucking creep. Never talk to me again or I'll call the cops."
>hang up
>sit inside bedroom on rainy afternoon looking at corner
>fast forward next monday
>find out that after I asked her, she began crying in her class because she was scared of me.

Alpha as fuck. She ended up dating a former buddy of mine and they're probably married now. Ever since, I've rarely even tried to make contact with girls. When I do it, it's awkward as fuck and I studder. I ended up going to one homecoming but no prom.
>>
Underage b&s pls go
>>
I only went to one dance. My friends found me a date and made the sign and got flowers for me to ask her. All I had to do was show up lol

Honestly they're pretty fun

Got grinded on the whole night
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.