[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How autism is it to cosplay? There's a prrtty big anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: Tfwnocosplaygf.jpg (121 KB, 476x314) Image search: [Google]
Tfwnocosplaygf.jpg
121 KB, 476x314
How autism is it to cosplay? There's a prrtty big anime convention in my city in a few months and I was thinking it might help me get a qt azn gf or at least give me something to talk to others about. I'm male btw
>>
>>28540431
Cosplaying pretty much depends on how you look. If you are above a 4/10 and know how to not act autistic around other people you should be fine unless you want to cosplay some shit like a pony. If you're a fat fuck don't bother, you'll just get disgusting glances from others now and then.
>>
File: Trunks-poster.jpg (88 KB, 457x660) Image search: [Google]
Trunks-poster.jpg
88 KB, 457x660
>>28540601
I was thinking about cosplaying Trunks because dragonball is normie enough to be instantly recognizable while still being cool to hardcore people. How big does somebody have to be to cosplay trunks without it looking like a joke?
>>
>>28540877
Get a realistic looking wig and don't be anxious about being the character

If you look good enough, you'll get tons of qts
>>
>>28540601
I'm a fat fuck and cosplayed as a fat fuck character (21 from The Venture Bros) and I was pretty warmly received, other groups of cosplayers even stopped me so I could take pics with them.
I think cosplaying to your body type is the important factor.
>>
File: pearls.jpg (416 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
pearls.jpg
416 KB, 1280x960
The average cosplay is pretty bad. If you do a half decent job people will be impressed.
>>
>>28541141
see, SU has more fat characters than thin ones, why can't landwhales just choose one of the tubbos instead of the single willowy thin character?
>>
File: roses.jpg (389 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
roses.jpg
389 KB, 1280x960
>>28541209
There are so many lards cosplaying Rose that the fat spills into Pearl cosplays.
>>
>>28540431
>tfw too fat for cosplay
>tfw too brown to cosplay
>tfw to socially retarded and anxious for cosplay

If I cosplay someday, I'll probably chose Engineer from TF2, or Salvador from Borderlands

I would look like one of them If I wasn't too fat
>>
>>28541232
>too brown to cosplay
I know this feel. White and asian people have it so good.
>>
File: the groke.jpg (13 KB, 365x273) Image search: [Google]
the groke.jpg
13 KB, 365x273
>>28541232
I'm also fat as shit, and if I go to another comic-con I might do a fuckhuge Groke costume with spooky noise projections.
>>
Easiest cosplay is to do a stalker (the game) cosplay. All you need is a slavshit gasmask or if you want to go the extra mile a working closed loop SCBA (expensive!) with a empty tank A green mop 3 Chem suit and a plate carrier or some sorta body armor (don't actually buy plates as you will be tired as fuck with them).

Patches and insignias are easy there's a site that sells em. Get a cheap gieger counter for effect.

Prop guns if con allows
>>
File: 1453791948460.jpg (77 KB, 462x680) Image search: [Google]
1453791948460.jpg
77 KB, 462x680
>>28541539
>crimson caravan shipping is $30 to my country
>>
>>28540431
You won't get any by cosplaying. Just saying
>>
>>28541818
Whys that anon kun
>>
>>28541818
W-what if they really like the character?
>>
>>28541290
moomi-pahkoh!
>>
>>28541257
>rick ross cosplay
>MF DOOM
>>
I like cosplay, but about 50% of all older than 20 who cosplay have some sort of autism. They don't necessarily act autistic, but they probably have a diagnosis.

Cosplay is not a free way to make any friends. For many people it helps, but you may still be just as lonely even after you get into cosplay.
>>
File: 1461100794778.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461100794778.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
Eh, some people claim that your body type and build should be what you cosplay around and in some cases that is true. That fat bitch aint got no business cosplaying as yoko and having that belly show. But more often than not if a person goes all out and makes a quality cosplay it can outweigh the fact that they're slightly overweight or even crossdressing.

Its kinda something you need to be into in order to pull off. Like you cant cheap out on your costume otherwise it will show.
>>
>>28541227
>>28541141
I want to throw up, this is sight-pollution.
>>
File: 1441480733487.jpg (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441480733487.jpg
80 KB, 500x500
>>28540431
dude unless you are a socialite and can talk to people without trouble (this is r9k so i assume most of us including me can't) then you will not make any friends especially a fucking gf at a con.

i went to literally the biggest anime con on the west coast (sakura con) and walked around and didn't talk to anyone or get talked to the whole weekend

the only people who make friends there are people who are autistic enough to not feel akward walking up and talking to other people. a lot of people hook up at cons but thats just the chads dressed up as le epik nerd to get nerd girl pussy.

guarrenteed every single girl at these cons will have their pussies pounded by chad meat before the weekend is over.
>>
>>28544364
>sakura con
literally anime expo is the biggest you fucker
>>
>>28544511
close enough
california is bigger than washington and oregon combined so it almost doesnt count

also people from LA are cunts and seattle is way chiller and layed back. literally the most aesthetic city
>>
>>28540431
It depends on how attractive you are and the effort you put into it. People doing it professionally and doing like cosplay competitions and study costume and makeup effects? Not very autismo but can be. Just your average convention-goer throwing a costume together? Very.
>>
>>28540431
It's a mixed bag. Depends how much effort you put into the cosplay, yes, but its also about presenting yourself.
If you're gonna be in cosplay as a character and just gonna be a stuttering "y-you too" when people go up and ask you about it or for a picture, it's gonna be an autismfest.
I do acting on the side (perfect for social autismos because everything's written out for you) so I was able to do a decent Space Dandy when that was airing, people got a kick out of it and plenty asked for pics and whatnot. Just be the character, not yourself. Because you are terrible.
>>
>>28540431
>im male btw
>pretty big anime convention im thinking of going
>we know you're male
>>
>>28540431
they dont care what normies think of them. and loke to dress up as video game characters
>>
What's a good female character to convincingly cosplay as, as a guy with a pretty damn masculine body/face?

Hard mode: No ugly or hypermasculine characters.
>>
>>28545203
I haven't seen it yet but that the school council leader from Kill La Kill
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.