[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>most people think they are a 7/10 you are now aware of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
>most people think they are a 7/10

you are now aware of this fact. You are now aware of the fact most normalfags rate themselves as being considerably above average and consider themselves to be more attractive than 70% of the population. Even legit 4's think they are 7's. Nothing you do or say can change their mind. They see themselves as being attractive. How does that make you feel?
>>
>>28539105
Good mental health requires a bit of delusion
>>
>>28539105
>Even legit 4's think they are 7's
So if I think that I am legit 4 it means that in reality I am 1?
>>
>>28539308
This has to be the biggest bullshit. How can you be mentally healthy if you are lying to yourself? It makes NO SENSE.
>>
>>28539105

i base how hot i am on how hot the girls i have slept with are. varies but average is around a 7/8. i like to think i'm an 8.
>>
>>28539339
lts called confidence
>>
>>28539381
If confidence is lying to yourself that makes no sense. Don't you see it?

How can you live your life if you are lying even to yourself? If other than lying to everyone else and keeping a facade, you can't even be honest in your own head. That surely would drive me crazy.
>>
>>28539339
Its not really a lie if you actually believe in your bullshit
>>
>>28539402
The only person you have to convince is yourself :^)
>>
>>28539105

Im a solid 2/10
>>
>>28539105
but normies can't into logic.. a 7 means average for them, because they ignore the lower end of the spectrum. it isn't real for them. a bit like people complain about their lives, but dont factor in the real possibility of starvation or disease which takes place in many countries

>>28539308
>>28539339
hes right, but like everything it depends how you define "mental health". its all bullshit in the end regardless
>>
>>28539417
>if you believe in a lie it's not a lie
That's insane.

>>28539425
What kind of fucking spineless retard would I have to be to convince myself about a lie to feel better?
>>
>>28539427
are you deformed?

3/10 max. like me, most robots are 3/10
>>
>>28539439
Shut the fuck up and stop annoying me
>>
>>28539438
>its all bullshit in the end regardless
Then I'd rather live a life with integrity. Knowing I didn't lie to myself. I can't live any other way. I don't see how anyone who actually considers himself to be a human being can live in delusion.
>>
>>28539105
That guys heed is massive but his body is small as fuck. kind of like mine
>>
>>28539439
>>if you believe in a lie it's not a lie
>That's insane
Its called being delusional. Everyone is like that a bit because its impossible to be 100% rational.
>>
>>28539463
So no retort? Nice.

Also fuck you, I do whatever I want.
>>
>>28539472
Fuck off cuck

asdf
>>
>>28539472
>normies having integrity or dignity
>>
>>28539500
>Everyone is like that a bit because its impossible to be 100% rational.
If you had to convince yourself that something is a lie, then you had a choice. And you choose to live in delusion. That's being VERY irrational.
>>
>>28539326
Yes. If you think you're a 2 you're actually a -1.
>>
>>28539516
No I mean how do they expect us to fit in with their society if they can't even defend from one loser on the internet telling them how irrational they are. If they can't even disprove my points, then why should I consider anything I'm saying to be the truth.
>>
>>28539439
It's called wilful ignorance and it has its place.

Feelings are all that matters. So congradulations, you're smarter than everyone and figured something profound out that makes you miserable and doesn't make you want to accomplish anything.
>>
>>28539438
>but normies can't into logic.. a 7 means average for them, because they ignore the lower end of the spectrum.

The school grading system has fucked up our scales. A 60% is the cutoff for a failing grade, but a 6/10 should be slightly above average.
>>
>>28539105
If this is anywhere remotely true, how does the most attractive, most beautiful person see themselves if they are a 10/10. The method of rating seems qualitative at best.
>>
>>28539568
>It's called wilful ignorance and it has its place.
I don't see how it could have its place.

>Feelings are all that matters.
That's incredibly retarded.

>So congradulations, you're smarter than everyone and figured something profound out that makes you miserable and doesn't make you want to accomplish anything.
I didn't figure anything out. Everyone knows this, but they choose to ignore the truth. And that's retarded.
>>
I see myself as very attractive but I know that I'm not. It's actually the worst part of my life, looking in the mirror and knowing you don't look like that to others. Partly ruined my life.
>>
>>28539524
You cant choose to be delusional, dummy. If you decide to bilieve in a lie its excatly what it is - lying to yourself.

Remember your lie is someone elses truth, and the opposite
>>
>>28539603
Thank oh arbiter of truth! Please teach us your ways! lmao
>>
>>28539583

Uh, no. 60% should mean that you know 60% of the taught material. There is no reason to assume that half of the students know less than 50% of the course.
>>
>>28539105

I judge myself based on how many girls I catch staring at me, or the reaction when I catch them.

Or by the fact that if I criticize my looks people get angry with me
>>
>>28539105
We were all made by God to look different Anon... except for .. niggers ..
>>
>>28539611
>Remember your lie is someone elses truth, and the opposite
With many things yes, but many things are just true. No matter who you are how you're looking at them. And normies often ignore even these.

>>28539617
You sound mad.
>>
Is that guy not handsome? To me he is way above average... I'm forever ugly.
>>
>>28539105
>>most people think they are a 7/10
What's your source dude?
>>
>>28539627
I'm talking about scales in general which are normalized in some way, not grading scales which are absolute.
>>
>>28539339
Self loathing isn't a mental illness?
>>
>>28539105
You people are fucking idiots. A seven out of ten is average because the population doesn't fall perfectly into those categories. The numbers correspond to physical qualities, not necessarily to their physical qualities proportionally relative to the rest of the population. There is no reason why half the population could be 6/10 or lower so long as their features continue decreasing to the point that categorization is necessary.
>>
>>28539706
If it's based on the truth, then it's not. Like if someone who is 5'6" is hating himself for being short, that's surely not mental illness.
>>
>>28539448

2/10 implies deformity? Ok, Im a 3 then.
>>
>>28539105
At least im not fat, that should put me on a base of 5 and then from 5 to 7 i need only to talk a few minutes.
Btw 3 girls told me i was a 6 at 16 y/o
>>
>>28539105

This thread is a good example of this thread in action >>28539174
>>
File: 1427474041079.png (19 KB, 503x644) Image search: [Google]
1427474041079.png
19 KB, 503x644
>>28539105
Gentle reminder that women only consider about 20% of men to be average to above average. Women find the vast majority of men to be physically unattractive and they don't find ANY men to be perfect 10/10. You all need to come to terms with the biological truth that women are just not that attracted to men in general, not nearly as attracted as men are to women anyways.
>>
>>28540179
>gentle reminder
stopped reading. literally. I have no idea what point you're making and I don't want to
>>
>>28539105
above average effect

its a genuine psychology observation

people will always rate themselves ahead of the middle.
>>
i think that i'd have potential to be a 8.5/10 if i lost 15kg and lifted.

i had a 8/10 gf who did all the first moves, did intensive doxing to find out what my name was after seeing me at school etc but left me after a year of relationship because i couldnt stop being a massive sperg and said too much things without first emulating how she might feel about them. she said i was handsome etc and probably thought its correlated with social skills

would post nudes if i wasnt beta enough to actually delete them
>>
>>28539339
Health is to a certain degree dependent on culture, and is what the culture needs it to be. So if we consider it healthy, it is. And it certainly can be beneficial: it can give you that extra bit of confidence to approach the person you logic allt shouldn't, and pull it off because of your confidence.
>>
>>28539720
What makes you the fucking expert on attractiveness scales?
>>
>Everyone thinks they're a 7/10

Do I have low self-esteem if I think I'm a 4 or a 5? Or am I just way more realistic?
>>
>>28540995
Nobody wants to see your lardass body man, stop kidding yourself
>>
>>28542563
not sure if shitposting but i meant the gfs nudes
>>
I've known I was a 4/10 at best for quite some time anon. Getting shot down by women that I only hit on out of desperation and because they just barely didn't disgust me made that clear as day.
>>
>>28539105
Thinking a 7 doesn't mean you think you look better than 70% of people. Are you actually retarded?

For the record, I'm a 3, max
>>
I thought I was 9/10 till soc told me I was 6.5/10 reality check sucks
>>
>>28539105
I'm a solid 5/10. I don't have any defects or mutilations. I'm not fat. I'm not too skinny. And though I'm really pale (tan skin seems to be more desirable), at least I'm tall. So I don't see why I would rate myself anything less than average, for I'm average looking.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.