[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I'm actually starting to embrace anti-natalism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1462720769982.png (93 KB, 467x496) Image search: [Google]
1462720769982.png
93 KB, 467x496
>tfw I'm actually starting to embrace anti-natalism

Bringing a being into this cruel world is reprehensible IMHO. Unless you're capable of giving them a relatively lavish life don't don't have kids.
>>
Seriously guys? Not a single (You)?
>>
>>28539017
More like don't give birth to betas. Chads and women are living in paradise.
>>
>>28540405
don't beg, it's desperate.
oregano'd
>>
File: received_10154250361319368.jpg (27 KB, 620x411) Image search: [Google]
received_10154250361319368.jpg
27 KB, 620x411
>>28539017
There's no ethical reason to have a child under any circumstances, rich or poor is irrelevant. There is literally no reason to ever create unneeded need, it is a selfish egotistical gesture of human biology
>>
Women are the gatekeepers and sperm is free and widely available. Making babies is not a man's concern. Only ejaculating is.
>>
>>28539017
forget the ideas that you dont like. think more on your happyness and less on the world. normies gonna norm...forever
>>
>>28539017
>relatively lavish life

you mean like yours dumbshit
>>
File: image.jpg (909 KB, 1300x1733) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
909 KB, 1300x1733
>when you see a 5-6 year old in a stroller
>>
>>28539017
I started to agree with this point of view not long ago. Only rich people should be eligible to have kids.

Sadly, our economy is actually built around people being born into poverty and fiercely competing to escape it. This is inhumane.
>>
>>28541555
Why should rich people be aloud to recklessly impose their suffering on non sentience? What exact reason makes the gamble worthwhile or ethical?

It's a suffering equation. The simple fact of not being born means you win. The moment you are sentient you have a lifetime of suffering to endure that you otherwise would not.

Life is figuring out how to please tour deprivations and how to limit suffering. All pleasure is derived from negating unpleasantness.

To never have been is objectively a more weighted value than to live and have the desires and obligations to negate your unease.
>>
>>28541445
I don't even think 2-3 year olds should be in strollers

If they can walk, they can fucking walk
>>
i adopt that thinking a long time ago. kinda sad when people have children and i look into their faces.
When one of my friends gets one i will as kwhy they did it, and i will find a selfish reason for sure.
it is always selfish.
>>
>>28541672
We are designed to be that way. Everyone that breeds is no better than a dog having a litter or apes shitting out spawn.

Unfortunately 95% of humans don't use the gift of intelligence to realize that we are the only species ever to be able to deny our primitive biological desires.

That's all breeding is. For filling a biological desire of zero rationality or intelligence. Humans are sad creatures when we have intelligence but choose to ignore it..
>>
>>28541635
There is a deep difference between negative and positive utilitarianism. I'm more of a Negative Utilitarianism which means I think reducing suffering is a most important thing to do. I think that modern human existence is quite pleasurable on average, if the human in question is rich and healthy.

>All pleasure is derived from negating unpleasantness.
This is a very complex subject, we could debate it from neuroscience point of view. The mechanisms which produce pain and pleasure in the brain are linked, but separate. I tend to think that it is biologically/physically possible to recalibrate the reward/pain pathway in the brain, removing all perception of pain. The human experience will be one of various degrees of pleasure then. I think it is possible and we should strive for it.
>>
To deny an unborn a lifetime of joy is just as reprehensible, is it not? The average person in developed countries lives mainly in a state of happiness and suffering is minimal.

>>28540487

People bring joy to others, by our nature we gain pleasure from many friends.

>>28540528

For those in loving relationships it is a blessing for both to receive a child.

>>28541555

Superfluous wealth is not what grants a happy life

>>28541817

And what is the intelligence in denying our biology, permitting there to be humanity no more and denying all future generations the joys of life?
>>
>>28541658
Good luck covering any distance when you're constrained to a 3 year old's pace. Also, young children are so dumb that they might just wander into traffic when your head is turned.
>>
File: original (1).jpg (516 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
original (1).jpg
516 KB, 1920x1080
>>28541970
>The average person in developed countries lives mainly in a state of happiness and suffering is minimal.

This. You don't value what you have, anons. And barring civilization collapse it will only get better.

The potential for utopia is real, we only need to finally implement it.
>>
>>28541970
>Superfluous wealth is not what grants a happy life
Happy life can be bought. Deal with it, anon.
>>
>>28541970
Youre missing the point. Having no need is inherently better than creating unneeded needs wants and desires. It's as simple as that.

The only rationalization is addiction. You're addicted to forfilling your desires. You're a heroin addict.

Not creating heroin addicts is better than putting one in rehab, sort to say.
>>
>>28541970
I have horrible genes that would curse my children with a short stature, low to mid IQ, unattractive facial structure, and chronic pain. The humane thing is to not breed.

I would argue that only the most fit, intelligent, and agreeable people should breed.
>>
desu i wouldn't want a kid i'd rather buy more guns
>>
>>28542055
Your desire for more will only increase with what you gain. You will not treasure what you attain unless you lose it. IT is not happiness but distraction.

>>28542102

I do not believe that no sentience is better than sentience, even if there are ups and downs. If you truly believe this why have you not ended yourself? My content does not stem from attaining possessions but by enjoying each moment as it comes.

>>28542157

Unless you have a true congenital condition you cannot be sure of this. Quite often the ugliest produces the most handsome and gifted.
>>
>>28539017
>forgot what anti-natalism is
>look it up
>Arty Schopenhauer is the front page face on the wikipedia article

Arty "The Flyest Nigga" Schopenhauer is 4chan incarnate. Every common 4chan belief you check, he was on the forefront 200 years ago forging it before our parents even existed. What a based man.
>>
>>28541635
>Why should rich people be aloud
Because they have vocal cords. Why should they be forced to not use them?
>>
>>28542594
Nigga looks like the mort from Mousehunt
>>
>>28541970
>a lifetime of joy
just look around you
it is a lifetime of suffering, joy is practically non-existent compared to the suffering
>>
>>28543212
Perhaps on this website. All who I meet in my life are quite content, and there is much more laughter than sadness between us all.
>>
>>28543549
That's not joy, that is more of a passing entertainment to forget the emptiness of life, I have experience that "joy" a few times but I always end up feeling drained and dirty
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.