[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your SSRI/MAOI/SNRI experience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: ssri-brands-square.png (115 KB, 375x374) Image search: [Google]
ssri-brands-square.png
115 KB, 375x374
What's your SSRI/MAOI/SNRI experience?
>>
>>28538014
Anxiety/depression, took Prozac. Seemed to even me out, but then I started having extremely violent dreams and intrusive thoughts. So I stopped.
>>
Venlafaxine ruined my life.
>>
>>28538014
I'd rather off myself than take any of these again and that's probably what will happen.
>>
I take 20mg celexa. Honestly I was a nervous wreck before starting and it has really helped me with my anxiety.

I had bad experiences with both Prozac and Effexor.

I don't plan on taking it forever.. just been a hard past year. I know its a hard one to get off of; I wont go to any higher of a dose. In fact I wanted to stay at 10mg but the 20mg has been just right.

Smooth sailing
>>
Zoloft killed my anxiety and turned me into chad.

I've had three different women lick my asshole in the last 3 weeks.
>>
the other week I took 200mg sertraline after being off nearly half a year expecting it to do not much and the whole of the next day was a wild ride
>>
>>28538014
SSRI's worked but now they don't work.

At best they're a short term solution.

At worst they fuck up your brain.
>>
Was on 20mg fluoxetine for a year and it didn't have much of an effect. Just started sertraline 2 days ago, nothing yet.
>>
You all joined Tom Cruises mystery gang?
>>
Prozac is good when I really feel like I cannot deal with the day ahead of me, it's not bad and feel it at a low ass dose. Also helps with being anxious in public.

I want benzos though.
>>
>>28538014

Paxil made me feel pretty good, but also depressed since I needed a drug to feel emotional about stuff.

Luvox put me "in the moment" like I have never been before. Usually my mind is racing about all kinds of stuff and the current events are just background.

Didn't notice much from Risperdal except getting fat and retaining water. I did hold a job, but I have been able to go to college after being without drugs for 15-20 years.

Ritalin seemed like a stimulant that made me focus, but made me less creative.

Some of the anti-depressants make you cry after getting off of them.
>>
>>28538014
Ssris don't work
MAOIs are too dangerous
Snris are God teir and work instantly
>>
Neither SSRI not MAOI had any effect other than making me sleepy. Even the doctor said that meds alone won't make a big difference, you need to do therapy as well.
I never tried therapy though.
>>
>>28538014
>Mirtazapine
Made me eat a better amount, helped with sleep at the start
Doesn't help with my anxiety
>Setraline
Made my stomach hurt
>Venlafaxine
Actually makes me happy, but it killed my dick
>>
Celexa was hell getting started on. Once I tapered up to my dose, it numbed all of my emotions, both good and bad. I felt like a sociopath who needed to pretend for every social interaction.

For example, when you talk to someone, you normally take social cues subconsciously and you smile or display something in your face that shows that you are listening and/or that you care. Celexa wiped out all of that. My empathy was reduced to zero. I didn't give a damn about anything or anybody.

Normally, I have a pretty keen sense of empathy and I can easily read social cues. After my doctor as well as others on depression forums said "Stick with it! It will get better! The black veil of depression will be lifted!" I did stick with it for an entire year.

It didn't improve anything. I also gained 50 lbs. It was a dreadful drug. It took me another two months to taper off of it. Luckily, all my emotions returned. My sense of empathy returned. And after another year, I managed to lose the 50 lbs that I gained.
>>
SSRIs made me more tired and just flat, I would stay in bed all day and then get drunk adn have to spend like an hour wanking to orgasm.
Oh and I had diarrhea for the first 2 weeks

Tricyclics were actually good but I think they had a weird reaction with alcohol and sometimes I would have actual real schizo thoughts. Like I would jump up and try to get the insects off me when there were no insects and other crazy stuff about being awesome
>>
>>28538138
How so, anon? Really need to know.
So far, it only gives me bad nighttime sweating, the increased effort needed to orgasm is a thing too, sometimes.
It's tolerable, I just don't really know what good it does me. Started taking it last march, during an addiction therapy.
I'm better now than I was then, but lots of different things changed for me apart from being on antidepressants.
>>
Killed my sick, killed my emotions
>>
They made me tired, but they actually worked and took the edge off that horrible feeling. I would get these weird muscle twitches with them though, and coming off of them cold turkey was fucking insane and basically killed a great job prospect I had and stuck with me for months giving me these weird brain zaps and even worse depression. Now that I'm off them, I still have depression but it's not as bad as it used to be.
>>
>>28539068
wrong and gay

my snri is doing jack shit
>>
Lexapro doesnt do shit in low doses and makes it take longer to cum
>>
File: fug.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
Doc put me on Effexor, I missed a dose recently and got fucking shivers and fever, and started sweating all over. What the fuck is this drug
>>
>>28541130
I have been taking 375mg per day for a while now
My doctors wanted to check my blood and see how much reaches it
They implied they might give me an even higher dose if the result is too low
Sh-should I be scared?
>>
>>28541236
>My doctors wanted to check my blood and see how much reaches it

Same actually, the way they described it is that different people's livers metabolize drugs at different rates, so the drug might affect you differently then someone else

I'm only on 75mg though
>>
>>28541388
For how long have you been on 75mg?
They increased my dose by 75mg every 4 days
>>
>>28538014
>>
Second stint on an SSRI started a month ago (prozac generic this time, lexapro generic last time)

Lexapro - felt strong af and numbed all my emotions for the first 2ish weeks, thought everything was funny as well. Sexual side effects were big (numbs your dick) so eventually I stopped taking it.

Prozac - similar to lexapro but a bit more mild and controlled. I randomly have a laughing/weird smile facial expression sometimes which has been kek. Feeling a lot better after the first 2 weeks (had little effect first 2 weeks). Sexual side effects were big the first 2 weeks but I seem to be back to normal after 4 weeks on it, maybe 90% stimulation of what I am on nothing. Gives you an upset stomach though which lexapro didn't.
>>
>>28541408
What the fug, I started at 37.5 and went up to 75 after 2 weeks
>>
>>28541558
I go to a mental day hospital so I guess they are increasing it a lot faster than usually
>>
>>28541236
I was on a huge dosage (like 425mg I think) and it put my blood pressure through the roof. Luckily it was only for a week and they noticed it.

Fuck drugs.
>>
>>28538014
Fuck you effexor for ruining my life; but the withdrawals are too fucking bad
>>
>>28538014
20mg of fluoxetine for depression, absolutely no change, possibly less anxious but I don't think so
>>
File: 1456628299456.gif (931 KB, 400x305) Image search: [Google]
1456628299456.gif
931 KB, 400x305
>yfw big pharma is shilling on r9k
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.