[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Out of touch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: rsoldier.jpg (92 KB, 637x600) Image search: [Google]
rsoldier.jpg
92 KB, 637x600
>born and raised in Eastern European slum
>had to start working at steel mill at age 11 to help buy food
>never stop working all the way through university
>become industrial engineer and move to America
>make good money an end up marrying chemistry teacher who moved to America from South Africa who also had avery hard life
>she's become pregnant

How can we properly raise a child when neither of us know how a happy childhood is supposed to be?

I don't want my child to be a fuck up.
>>
>>28537750
I'm thinking you've taken a wrong turn somewhere m8.

The first step toward accomplishing your goal is not asking for advice on 4chin.
>>
>>28537814
this advice should be used.
>>
>>28537814
I've talked with my wife about it but she is just as clueless as I am.

I don't want our acquaintances to look at us bad.
>>
You idiot. You're in touch enough to know what an unhappy childhood is. You're in touch enough to have made yourselves happier.

By process of elimination, I think you can figure out how to foster a happy childhood (relative to yours).

What I'm getting at is, take your humblebrag elsewhere REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28537883
I don't want my child to be spoiled (like so many children of first-generation immigrants from the third-world), but I do not want to deprive my child either.

I do not know what is too much and what is too little.
>>
>>28537750
Uh I think reddit is a better place to ask this. We dont know anything about normie troubles like pregnancy.
>>
>>28537750
How old are you and your wife ?
>>
>>28537916
Make the kid work. Be emotionally supportive, but not to the point of excess. Again, this is literally the worst place on Earth to ask for advice on anything not pertaining to piss bottles or chicken tendies.
>>
>>28537750
is the south african girl a nigger?
>>
>>28538528
You'd better get back there too faggot.

Pretty sure op doesn't want his kid to suck cock for a living.
>>
That guy is very attractive.
>>
>>28537750
You can. Just love your child and it will have a happy childhood. Proof: Millions of years, humans have existed. Statistically, everyone has had ancestors with unhappy childhood. If that would be a natural heritage, everybody would have had an unhappy childhood. Conclusion: It is up to you to love your child and help it just to be happy. (I am a father myself, my child is sweet and happy as far as I can know). Just love and throw away your doubts.
>>
File: image_13.jpg (30 KB, 389x378) Image search: [Google]
image_13.jpg
30 KB, 389x378
>tfw when still in South Africa right this moment

Just fucking kill me. I'm depressed enough and this makes it worse. If only my parents had just moved when apartheid ended, like the other sensible people did.
>>
>>28537750
You and your wife are actually in a good position to raise a child so long as you don't spoil them too much. Give them a hard work ethic and good manners, but also promote fun stuff too. I think the problem with parents like you guys (I have a lot of first generation friends) is that you're either too tough on the child because of your own struggles, or you're too soft because you don't want them to have to go through the same suffering you did.
>>
File: ZETSUBOU.jpg (155 KB, 949x417) Image search: [Google]
ZETSUBOU.jpg
155 KB, 949x417
>>28539293
This. Be firm, but fair.
>>
>>28539254
Same situation here. Kill me and then kill yourself
>>
Filthy niggers should've stayed in your own country and made your homes better instead of invading ours. Fucking Jews.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.