[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /nofacebook/ Feels good man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14
File: 1418409169504.jpg (83 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1418409169504.jpg
83 KB, 495x495
Who here /nofacebook/

Feels good man
>>
>>28537244
I technically don't have one but whenever I'm really drunk and depressed at like 3am I fire it up again and look at what everyone's been doing. Fucking depressing as shit. I always deactivate it again immediately after.
>>
I never understood the appeal of it
>>
It feels kinda good but I'm pretty sure it's part of what has ruined my chances with any women or friends. I tried it for a week or so but I'm just way too self-conscious and anxious for it.
>>
>>28537284
I have a normal fag one I use for talking sports and meeting up with friends and shit, I have a creeper one I use to look up crushes from high school and fap to
>>
>>28537244
Deleted mine in 2009.
I think life would be just as bad regardless of that fact.
>>
>>28537244
Deleted it about 3 years ago. I kind of miss it for stalking purposes, but yeah it's nice only being in contact with people through the phone and in person. Keeps all the fake people out
>>
I'm just too shy to create an account
>>
That feel when you are a shut-in NEET and have the same profile pic from five years ago because you literally never leave your house and have no real life friends.

That feel when you have gotten way fatter and uglier and older and now you're afraid of taking a new one because you can still project the halfway respectable image you had five years ago.

That feel when none of it matter anyway because nobody gives a fuck about you and you post statuses that get one like from your aunt.
>>
Is deletion different from deactivation in terms of facebook?
>>
I deleted my Facebook in November of 2015. I hated having it, that's because I would log on about 3 times a day to see 0 activity and it made me very depressed to connect with no one. Meanwhile that happening I'd see other people from my old circle of "friends" with their new girl friends and friends in out of state colleges.

I'm just a miserable commuting community college student.
>>
>>28537339
Delete completely """"""""removes""""""" your facebook account, whereas deactivate just kind of takes your page down but saves it for later
>>
>>28537317
>That feel when you have gotten way fatter and uglier and older and now you're afraid of taking a new one

This is what's preventing me from making a new profile. Since I've deleted FB, I've actually gotten my shit together, but god damn do I look awful compared to how I looked a few years ago

Used to be
>skinny and fit
>decent complexion
>nice, long hair
>white teeth

whereas now I'm
>40 lbs overweight
>moles on face and body have gotten darker and uglier the older I get
>balding
>yellowing teeth

I'm a 24 year old that feels and looks 38
>>
>>28537244
Still got an account, only use it for messages. It's just a platform for unsubtle normie competition and virtue signalling. Kinda fucked up really.
>>
>>28537244
Right here. Facebook is terrible and I would rather be left alone.
>>
>>28537376
That makes sense but I wouldn't have thought facebook let people completely delete. Don't they own the content once it's uploaded to their site?
>>
I have a couple of facebook accounts around (with fake names of course) but I have no activity on them, I just use them to access pages that require an account to view.

Does it count?
>>
>>28537310

I was one of the first people on "theFacebook.com" in 2004

I deleted mine in 2009 and lost touch with all of my college friends. All 200+ according to Facebook. I'm left with my the high school friends who I barely see. It feels fine. Every college friendship was based on popularity and alcohol and drugs. For years in my prime wasted
>>
>>28537419
Facebook undoubtedly keeps all your information, but by 'deleting' it they pretend that they don't have it anymore
>>
>>28537244
I deleted it out shame desu
>>
I don't use it anymore, but I still keep it so that my mother's side of the family can know I'm still alive.
>>
To be honest, having no Facebook these days is no longer a big deal now that corporations and parents are on it. It's all about twitter with the youth now. Facebook has been blighted by the middle aged mothers.
>>
>>28537244
I didn't even have a phone for a long time
The only way people could contact me in high school was directly talking to me
I wasn't even poor either
>>
i only use it for stalking my crush that's all its good for anyway
>>
Obviously. That place is filled with narcissists, ADHD, and stalkers, with a small remainder of normies who don't belong in those groups.
>>
>>28537936
same here fuck technology the comunist computer god can go to hell T.bh phamalam
>>
>>28537244

>no facebook
>no smartphone
>no internet
>no computer
>no car
>shitpost on 4chan when I go to my parents' house to do laundry every couple of weeks

Get on my level
>>
>"Summerrr 2011 <3 xxx"
>[unzips pants]

You're missing out, beta comrades
>>
File: a.png (247 KB, 593x369) Image search: [Google]
a.png
247 KB, 593x369
>having a myspace
>having a facebook
>having a tweeter
>having a skype
>talking to people
>being a normalfag
>>
>>28537244
I have one and it's pure cancer. I need to delete this thing
>>
File: facebooka.jpg (112 KB, 445x329) Image search: [Google]
facebooka.jpg
112 KB, 445x329
>>28537244

Never had one. Bonus points? Never visited tumblr nor reddit nor 9gag nor twitter
>>
>>28538195
I've never posted on any social forum other than 4chan.
>>
It would be embarrassing to make one now
>>
I have one.
Female "friends" posts shitty motivational stuff made by themselves in 2 hours of thinking after taking the photo and put that shit between quotes like it's made by some top tier philosopher, accompanied by shitty emotes. The single ones post really cringy shit and get about 100 likes in 2 minutes, and tons of comments from fat chicks with stupid dogs with cartoon hearts.
Male friends post an image every week or so with like 12 people, they get about 6 likes and a comment asking them about the event.
>>
>>28538211

Cheers! I've always used IRC quite a lot and long before 4chan was around, beyond that none either.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 640x360
>>28537244
FEELS MMMM FUCKING GREAT MAN.

not that it's some sort of accomplishment, but I move never regretted not having a legit one. I do have a shadow one that was made to monitor my kid and make sure adult pedos weren't saying hi. I told her I was doing this at the outset.

I regret that I might be impossible for some beloved normies from HS to find me years later, it pales VASTLY to the joy of flying under the radar and actually not really caring what most people think about me or my lifestyle.

I know that's a form of freedom.

>Burn your facebooks, liberate yourselves.
>>
File: wowdubs.webm (1 MB, 959x720) Image search: [Google]
wowdubs.webm
1 MB, 959x720
>>28538288
>I've always used IRC
>88
yea you alright man
>>
File: image.png (168 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168 KB, 1136x640
>>28537907
I also don't go on ANY social media like that and never have..,it feels like drinking honey from the vagina of shiva herself.

Seeing normies fuck their entire lives up with one bad post or tweet, seeing the absolute obliteration of social grace and false importance, and SELF importance. Schadenfreude is enjoyable. Sorry...I'm human. :)
>>
File: image.jpg (279 KB, 1498x1143) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279 KB, 1498x1143
>>28538195
You and I are tied for the lead. Admit it though you fap on tumblr sometimes.
>>
>go to college
>be forced to get a facebook account since everybody manages group work over that site
>everybody can look me up now and sees directly what a loser I am for having only 40 friends instead of the usual 500
>too afraid to update my profile pic since I would only get one or two likes which would also be displayed on my friend's feed
>family added me which makes it only worse
>just don't update anything at all so people maybe at least think I'm one of those weirdos who are too afraid to share their data with big corporations

Also don't tell me 40 friends are much. You basically add everyone who took a breath in your direction.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 480x360
>>28538288
I'm oldfag so I went to aol chat rooms but as far as PUBLIC social media. It's shit. Many sheep to the slaughter.
>>
>>28538590
> people maybe at least think I'm one of those weirdos who are too afraid to share their data with big corporations

Those people do not have jewbooks, anon.
>>
>>28538581
Not that anon.
I tried a few times. Tumblr was horrible for fapping.
0/11
>>
Will I be outcast if I don't have Facebook at uni? Really don't want to make one and have to put pictures on and shit.
>>
>>28538659
You can find good stuff if you really dig. But yeah there are much better sources.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 570x761) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 570x761
>>28538720
You gotta not care. You will find your group. If no Facebook makes you undesirable to someone as a friend or whatever, what use are they?
>>
don't like talking to people
yet i'm posting this
i'll leave, but secretly wait to see if anyone replies to my post
they never know
>>
File: dth5skrk.jpg (18 KB, 258x314) Image search: [Google]
dth5skrk.jpg
18 KB, 258x314
>tfw I probably could've ended my KHHV status if I had facebook
>tfw I probably would've had friend if I had facebook

On the other hand, atleast I don't have to frequent that site.
>>
>>28538825

Confirmed met my gf on a Facebook group bernie sanders dank meme singles :^)
>>
Im kinda really a low key loser and if i created a facebook or instashit everyone would know how much a loser i am with my like 40 friends i would have.
>>
File: 1428938858333.gif (2 MB, 235x150) Image search: [Google]
1428938858333.gif
2 MB, 235x150
>>28538856
>that spoiler

Stop trying to make my positive argumentation have more weight.
>>
It's useful when you have family or friends that live far away other than that it's a shit hole of sub-par redneck/old people memes.
>>
File: 1456589182559.png (40 KB, 577x559) Image search: [Google]
1456589182559.png
40 KB, 577x559
deleted it september 2011
it's just a place for fags and roasties to ignore each other and show off how great their life is
>>
File: pepe71.png (11 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
pepe71.png
11 KB, 411x387
I'm not normie standards by any means, but i actually like using facebook and i have it open at all times.

I pretty much use it to talk with my 4 best friends that i've known since we were 6 (they're all normies, i'm the most robot-like) we have a message group with 650k messages sent since 2010, and i have a bunch of gif/meme pages liked so my newsfeed is just funny pictures for the most part

I don't really understand why you guys hate it so much, you can adjust it so that it simply becomes a place where you can message your friends and look at new funny shit every 2/3 hours.

>unsubscribe from your normie acquaintances from HS (this will block any updates from them but you'll still be their friend
>like a bunch of shit you like (youtubers, artists, meme pages, OC's, etc)

It's pretty ok desu
>>
>>28537244
I have no social media because it is unfunny reddit tier shit.
>>
Never had one, I had a myspace in high school until my family found it and started making fun of me. I'll never willingly publicize how pathetic I am again. Plus I do nothing worth showing off to my entire graduating class and work mates.
>>
>>28539819
fuck off normie, seriously
>>
>deleted my facebook profile 3 years ago
>use a fake profile to view groups, event pages and lurk on other people's profiles

If you view someone's page a lot do you show up in their 'do you know this person' que? Just wondering if girls I'm checking out on fb see Chad McChadderson has been hanging around
>>
File: 1461782024072.jpg (37 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1461782024072.jpg
37 KB, 512x384
>>28537244
>tfw you would literally forget about the existance of things such as facebook or smartphones if it weren't for constantly being reminded of them
Yeah, f-feels really good man. Have your gratification. Have a virtual gold star for a job well done.
>>
>>28538720

snapchat is the new college normie thing
>>
>>28537244
Never had a myspace, never had a facebook, never had any sort of social media in my life. I have no idea what I would even do with one, there's no way in hell I would ever post pictures of myself. A few family members have accounts and I know I must have cropped up in some of their pictures and the idea of that makes me feel sick.
>>
Since I've never had any kind of a social life, yeah I have no need for facebook
>>
>>28538079
Kinda wish I could do this, save for the car because I need it to get around. I feel like I wouldn't procrastinate nearly as much.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.