[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MoP appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: mists-logo.jpg (38 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
mists-logo.jpg
38 KB, 400x200
>ywn play MoP at its prime ever again
>ywn fight through the siege of orgrimmar ever again
>ywn collect valor to level up your gear ever again
>ywn experience pvp in timeless isle ever again
>ywn spend literal days on the timeless isle to get one shiny dragon
>ywn cross the bridge for the first time with your legendary cloak ever again
>ywn fly across the continent with old asian music ever again

Why was MoP so good?

Current tiers of expansions would be:

MoP
WotLK
Vanilla
BC
Cata
WoD <- Literal death of the game
Legion <- Nail in the coffin

Thread music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1waVSu4adDM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jqj6ACgT1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQDpkIf7Vg

>tfw WoW will literally be a dead game within two years
>>
>MoP
>good
>rating WotLK above BC/Vanilla

Vanilla > BC > WotLK >Habbo Hotel > other expansions

Wrath was fun, but also the death of WoW thanks for "everyone wins", vanity shit and achievements.
>>
File: triggered.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>MoP
>good
>WoD as the death
>not Cata
>>
vanilla was the death of wow
>>
timeless isle is easily the best world content i've ever experienced, and the arena/rbg gameplay has been the best I've experienced to date (late wotlk starter)

I just wish that there was a good non-eu hosted Mop server to play on so I get sub-300ms :(
>>
File: undwip.png (237 KB, 431x390) Image search: [Google]
undwip.png
237 KB, 431x390
>>28533772
>>28533775
Gliding in and twirl-bombing everyone as a fury warrior as they fought that rare on Timeless Isle were the best times of my life.
>>
>>28533874

similarly I'd bait people into attacking me, then kite the under the big rock guys and then cc them inside of the aoe attacks that 1 shot

also typhoon'ing people off the top of the legendary bridge... the days
>>
MoP was so good, it felt like a land worth exploring again
All those little shrines, all those rare elite enemies, mogu vaults, qt panda grils, all that actually inspired Asian mythos
>>
Patch 1.5 killed wow. Battlegrounds made wow casual as fuck, instantly.

Early vanilla days were good but a couple of months in the normies came and ruined it.

Real men played when molten core and onyxia were the only end game content. If you think youre oldschool because you played zul gurub, blackwing lair, ahn qiraj or fucking naxxramas, youre wrong. You are the cancer that killed wow.
>>
>>28533733
>mop good
>wod end of the game
Ok I know this board is invaded by normalfags but enough is enough.

Kill yourself you cretin
>>
File: mop art.jpg (102 KB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
mop art.jpg
102 KB, 600x333
>>28533993

>1.5
>implying that'll ever be relevant
>implying you didn't continue to play regardless

>Real men played when molten core and onyxia were the only end game content
>implying you even played in vanilla

Literally nobody did raids, only the very, very FEW that were in top end guilds would.
You probably have never even played WoW, fuck off normalfag

>>28533802
>>28533874
>>28533941
>>28533982

you guys make me feel
>>
>>28533993
The fuck you on about, early day vanilla was fine but BWL/AQ/Naxx was just as good.

Or are you just trying to let everyone know you played early day WoW? Because most people here would have as well.
>>
>>28534041
>Literally nobody did raids, only the very, very FEW that were in top end guilds would.
Not him but everyone who played vanilla did Ony/MC/ZG/AQ20

BWL/AQ40/Naxx were harder to come by and you could only get in if you were in a good guild.

What are you even on about? lol
>>
>>28534041
>being this jealous because you werent there during the golden days
Keep projecting. Pre 1.5 was for the adults.
>>
>>28534090
>Being this much of a elitist tryhard
Look OP is a faggot, but you are one too. You have no idea how cringeworthy you sound you hipster.
>>
>>28534090
>Keep projecting. Pre 1.5 was for the adults.
Mate it's cunts like you that make me ashamed to admit I was a vanilla player.

You cunts are like the veganism of video games. You played vanilla and boy do you need to tell everyone about it.
>>
>>28533993

>hating ZG
>hating on Zin'Rokh
>>
>>28533993
>wow open version
>good

Patch 1.0.0 killed wow. Closed beta is the real deal kid. You cant call yourself a man unless you were part of the closed beta club.
>>
>>28534135
The funny thing Vanilla wasnt even that good. It was just great because it was new and had a great community.

Nostalrius was literally neckbeards only. Like what would happen if Reddit made a private server.
>>
>level up character
>hit max level
>nothing to do anymore except dailies
>quit

This was my WoW experience
>>
>>28534040
This
Get the fuck off this board OP you should be a fucking criminal
>>28533993
There's nothing wrong with ZG or BWL you fucking faggot
But I'll give you AQ and naxx
>>
>>28534135
I played Vanilla as a filthy casual. Never raided molten core, mostly did battlegrounds. Quit when WOTLK came out mostly due to life moving on.

What I miss is Alterac Valley, the old school version where games would go on for hours. It was horrific at times, don't get me wrong, but that feeling of sneaking behind enemy lines to capture a tower they thought was safe - I used to team up with a rogue and do that all the time. We were alliance and lost fucking 90% of the time but damn if it wasn't a fun process getting there.
>>
>>28534188
>Nostalrius was literally neckbeards only
Dunno man I think it got close to matching the vanilla community I was used to back in '04/'05.

But yeah, lot more weaboo faggots attention whoring on IF bridge
>>
>>28533733
>he thinks MoP was good.

The Burning Crusade > vanilla > why even play wow still you look like EQ fags > dog shit > WotLK

Source: played for 6 years from 2005 - 2011. Stopped at cataclysm. That game died after Wotlk. You're playing a carcass
>>
>>28534227
>pre-nerfed AV
That shit would last hours... and it was brilliant.
>>
>>28534135
You wouldnt know what its like. Pre 1.5 was a completely different game than vanilla. It was actually a world of war. You are a late vanilla babby. You didnt experience the golden days. Now get over it.

>>28534109
Late vanilla babby detected. Hows the BWL farm going? Oh look an alliance! Eh just ignore him, if he wants to fight he would just do battlegrounds. 1.5 killed wow. Rest in peace.
>>
>>28533733
While I don't understand making a /v/ thread on /r9k/, I do miss MoP a ton. Best time I ever had in this game.
>>
>>28534237
>Dunno man I think it got close to matching the vanilla community I was used to back in '04/'05.
Except everyone was constantly trying to outdo each other. Nobody actually cared about muh stats and muh gear in vanilla except a select few neckbeards. Vanilla was NOT competitive.

>Late vanilla babby detected
Top kek, get a load of this lost cause
>>
>>28534257
>You wouldnt know what its like. Pre 1.5 was a completely different game than vanilla. It was actually a world of war. You are a late vanilla babby. You didnt experience the golden days. Now get over it
0/10 trying too hard now.

Played from the first week brah. Shit was all the same with the exception of battles for Ony.
>>
>>28534256

Try a whole week lol

Is this pre 1.5 fag being serious right now...
>>
>>28534188
The nostalrius community was pretty much exactly like the old vanilla community. It was awesome, im happy i could be part of it again.
>>
>>28534295
>Try a whole week lol
I never had an AV last more than 2-3 days back in early day vanilla.
>>
>>28534343

There was one AV game that was up for one week, instant queue.
>>
>>28534288
No it wasnt. When battlegrounds were released, the game instantly changed. You could just steamroll to 60 without ever fighting for a mob. Before 1.5, you were never safe.
>>
>Not playing on looking4group.eu (TBC) with thousands of other Nostfugees
Now that I'm here again, it confirms that TBC really was the best expansion known to man.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsXEYyNUtg4

I have to admit, the music in this expac was amazing. The art direction, etc was the best too. Did any of the other expansions come close to this?
>>
>>28534408
>Before 1.5, you were never safe.
What kind of buttfucked server did you play on?

wPvP was always apparent on my servers.

>she didn't unironically camp Thorium Point/Morgaines Vigul to ruin peoples Ony buffs as they made their way to MC
>>
>>28533733
Let's post our best memories of MoP
>grinding for the shaohao rep while listening to FFX OST and being one of the first on my realm with the mount
>Timeless isle with FFX OST in general
>any MoP zone with FFX OST in general
>that quest in kun lai where the emperor is guiding you up a mountain and at the end reveals himself as the emperor, I literally got chills
>heroic elegon, that fight was super cool
>doing the cozy golden lotus dailies
>hearing that inn music whenever you hearthed

Vanilla>TBC>>>MoP>>>WotLK=Cata>WoD
>>
mop at #1?

ye ok

/thread
>>
>>28533733
Are you 12 or some shit? what a SHIT taste

BC
Vanilla
Wrath
Cata aka death of WoW
MoP aka Blizzard pissing on the corpse
WoD aka Blizzard trying to reanimate the glory of BC failing miserably
Legion said reanimated corpse with demon horns
>>
>>28534503
also, I really liked that questline in the northeast of kun lai where you defend a village and then you go to another village to the north and there's a panda grill tailing you saying shit like "make me into a woman"
>>
>>28534540
>people who don't realize Wrath was the death of the game
fuck off, wrath babies are the worst
wrath was absolute cancer, all the shitty things that ruined the game were introduced in wrath
>>
>>28534589
Most of these things came during the later patches of wrath, for 80% of the time it was out wrath was a mix of features/game-elements stemming from BC and Cata.
Cata is simply Wrath without BC influences, absolute garbage.
Wrath was the beginning of the End, but it wasnt the end.
That being said wrath was pretty shit.
>>
>>28534494
It just wasnt the same when battlegrounds were there.

Pre 1.5
>go out into the world to represent the horde and destroy alliance scum because they are a threat.
>massive groups patrolling azeroth and getting into wars for hours

Post 1.5
>lol look an ally! /wave. haha we are frends now no fight no fight ok! if u want to fight u can do bgs! we just level lol!
>ahh damn ganked by a geared out 60! oh well thats wpvp amiright lol!
>>
>>28534250

As far as expansions go:

WotLK > BC > WoD > MoP > Cataclysm

I played in 2005-2006, then started again in 2013, then once again in 2015. I think I am going to get WoW again, because fuck it. Playing again in 2013 after playing in TBC era was fun but... odd. The first thing I said was "how the fuck am I level 20 after 2 hours?" I remember being 5 hours into the game and being like a level 7 back when I first played.

I rated WotLK #1 even though I didn't actually play the quests until 2015. The whole storyline was so cool and the zones were some of the coolest in the game (Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord). I can only imagine how awesome it must've been back when WoW was more social and you actually did things with your own guild, not this cross-realm shit. Icecrown must've been fucking intense back then.

Pandaria was actually a really cool zone area-wise, and the storyline would've been cool too if it weren't for those fucking pandas. Seriously that was the stupidest thing to create. Pandas? Really?

Cataclysm though? That's what killed WoW. The cross-realm shit (I'm somewhat OK with cross-realm BG's, but cross-realm dungeons are stupid), the dumbing down of the game (I think I was level 60 within a week of playing semi-casually), the destruction of the social element, the emphasis on racing through dungeons as fast as possible without even talking to anyone except to say "lol noob", no one exploring anymore... oh and they ruined a lot of the original Azeroth zones. Everything felt too "busy" with NPC's in early zones like Dun Morough and Westfall. I like how a lot of the pre-Cata vanilla zones felt more sparse and empty, it gave the game a more interesting vibe and made the world feel bigger.
>>
>>28534659
Thats bullshit buddy, the zerging at Tarens mill was absolute cancer and boiled down to numbers.

It was completely empty the day bg's hit because people finally had an alternative that was balanced and had proper rewards.

If you wouldnt have been a shiiter you would know that you could still WPvP in EPL/Silithius and the regions surrounding blackrock, youre just a babby that couldnt PvP outside of a lvl 30 zone lmao
Being ganked by high levels with gear still happens today,. it always did and always will
>>
>>28534947
meant for >>28534779

>>28534908
t.. wrath-babby
>>
>>28534982

>wrath-babby

Did you even read the posts?

I said I played through the Wrath quests in 2015 and enjoyed them.

I wasn't playing WoW at the time Wrath came out, I originally played in TBC era, which was a lot of fun. I was under the impression that Cataclysm was the expansion that brought on all of the shit that destroyed WoW.
>>
>>28534947
You probably didnt even play back then. Youre a nost babby and now you think you k ow everything about banilla.
>>
File: 1459989234004.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459989234004.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
I started playing WoW when MoP came out because I wanted to be a sexy panda girl. I played other MMOs beforehand, so it was exciting getting to explore aezeroth, but really I just liked to get drunk and ERP and be a huge chubby panda slut. I didn't even talk to anybody or participate in PvP. Just dungeon finder and grindquests.
>>
>>28535062
Nost had BGs out on release, so the Tarren Mill vs Southshore war zone didn't materialize like it did in retail.
It appears YOU haven't played vanilla.
>>
>>28535089
>these are the kind of people mop pulled
Mop turned wow into the new mlp
>>
>>28535124
I never even said anything about tarren mill vs southshore. You are projecting, nostbaby
>>
File: oB1vz2A.jpg (102 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
oB1vz2A.jpg
102 KB, 1920x1280
>>28533733
normalfags only raided and made friends fuck you get out normies REE
>>
File: hotlinemiami_siteheader.gif (769 KB, 1130x665) Image search: [Google]
hotlinemiami_siteheader.gif
769 KB, 1130x665
BC
Vanilla
WotLK
Cata
MoP
WoD

Can we all agree on this?
>>
>never had a PC growing up to play wow or runescape
>finally get high end PC
>everyone complains that the glory days are over
;_;
>>
>He didn't stop playing after WotLK

They made the game too easy, remember how fucking long it took to get to 60 and the sense of achievement you had? It was kind of rare for most people to have more than two level 60 characters.

Now you can blitz it in a week without even trying too hard.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.