[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Media depictions of robots. This guy, holy shit I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Media depictions of robots.

This guy, holy shit I've never seen a more accurate portrayal of robot life. Movie is Chronicle.
tfw this movie made me feel triggered about how most movies portray child abuse
>>
>OMG THIS GUY TOTALLY REPRESENTS US ROBOTS AM I RIGHT GUYS?!?!?! xDDDDDDDDDD

So fucking sick of these shit threads.
>>
>>28530642
I just realized how much I relate to a character and wanted to make a post about it to channel my feels.
Sorry if it upset you.
Didn't even know they were a regular thing.
>>
>>28530672
Well fuck. I'm just gonna vent.
>cousin that brings him along to events where he's completely alienated from everyone
>gets abused a lot over misunderstandings
>easily manipulated and goes along with shit in hopes of positive things happening
>pretends he's picky with girls rather than literally having no standards and responds to any approval
>was (is in the movie) bullied in school
>father who wants to control him and constantly asserts dominance for no real reason
>ugly as sin and look worn as hell
>gets occasional attention from girls but doesn't know how to run with it
>nobody that understands
>>
also works as a good robot revenge film, when he starts fucking shit up, like, imagine having his abilities?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 513x342) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 513x342
This guy in the film Calvary. Talks to the priest about he he never gets attention from women and how it makes him feel like killing people.
>>
>>28530624
Dude was pretty normie to be honest
>>
>>28530624
what movie is this from my familia?
>>
>>28530933
Chronicle. It's in the OP.
>>
Spiderman
>can only act out when in a mask
>completely cucked by everyone
>smart dude
The series does have its unrealistic stuff though. It's a comicbook. Like the stacy redhead would just laugh at Parker. Pretty sick of these intentionally deceptive portrayals of women. They're so incredibly harmful to people.
>>
Stranger than Fiction. This movie actually made me wanna fuck Maggie Gyllenhaal.
>>
>>28530624

The vast majority of Hollywood depictions are just wrong enough - the character reforms, or is just misunderstood, et cetera.

I thought the Swedish film Let the Right One In did it accurately, with the boy main character.
>>
>>28531120

It's a shame there isn't much room for offbeat interesting films like that. Punch Drunk Love with Adam Sandler was actually well done and showcased his acting ability as well. Fits the thread.

Although the whole bringing 'flours' thing was too clever, a denizen of this place would never be that smooth.
>>
>>28530624
>Movie is Chronicle
not that pox landis pile of shit?
>>
File: 1461734592027.jpg (48 KB, 1057x611) Image search: [Google]
1461734592027.jpg
48 KB, 1057x611
ghost world, let the right one in, donnie darko, fight club, one hour photo, taxi driver, mary and max, he was a quiet man, wristcutters, american beauty and may.

These are some I like.
>>
>>28530624

The show Mr. Robot hits a lot of the right notes, but ultimately he gets laid and he's way too competent at what he does.
>>
>>28531266
>Mr. Reddit
get out
>>
Nightcrawler

originalio
>>
American history X (younger brother)
Difficult situation. Weak person.
>>28531266
>Mr. Robot
I haven't seen it. Is it worth watching?
>>
>>28531331

Lots of good dialogue. I'd put it in firmly middle tier. Check the first episode or two and see if it does it for you. There's actually a scene in it that has someone more robot than him to manipulate - fat older dude he has to emotionally crush.
>>
>>28531311

More a pure sociopath, but yeah fairly close. I loved his line about it isn't that he doesn't get people, he just doesn't like them.
>>
Ghost Dog - Way of the Samurai.

Weird not so good but not bad movie.
>>
>>28530624
Chronicle was awful. Le so edgy le so dark le so troubled and le so abused; but i've got the wherewithal to remember to record every important moment of my life. Though I'll never turn said footage over to the authorities.
>>
>>28530624
Failed normie late bloomer
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.