[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Instead of just wallow in self-pity, let's try to forge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 1436633868904.jpg (128 KB, 600x1385) Image search: [Google]
1436633868904.jpg
128 KB, 600x1385
Instead of just wallow in self-pity, let's try to forget about our shitty lifes by having a cool thread about interesting and spoopy things about space and/or the ocean.

I know /x/ have these thread but they're not as good as they used to be.

Let's begin with that video. Let that shit sink in your brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgNDao7m41M
>>
How do they know about all of that?
You can't even see the black holes with a telescope or anything.
>>
>>28530413
I think it's mainly deductions from what information they can gather. They're can't be sure of everything when it's that far.
We don't even know much about the Milky Ways' black hole.

But hey it's enterteining nonetheless.
>>
>>28530413

Black holes are so dense that they literally 'bend light'. While you can't actually 'see' black holes you can find these bends.
>>
>>28530413
Well no shit, but you can detect it's gravity and you can see it warp the light around it. It's not exactly impossible.
>>
File: 400px-Eunice_aphroditois.jpg (81 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
400px-Eunice_aphroditois.jpg
81 KB, 400x600
Ocean spoops thread? Then check out Bobbit worms. The worst thing about them that you wont be safe from them if you dont go to the ocean, because sometimes people accidentally get them when they buy large rocks for a saltwater tank, and because they only come out in dark, they wont notice it until it starts eating the fishes in the tank.

In this forum, a guy chronicled his battle to get out a worm from his tank:
http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/advanced-topics/84173-bobbit-worm-chronicles.html
>>
File: proboscis-worm.jpg (89 KB, 610x458) Image search: [Google]
proboscis-worm.jpg
89 KB, 610x458
>>28531568
Proboscis worms are much nicer than bobbit worms, even if they look like a pile of guts.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.