[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wasted your teens >wasted your 20s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: 1420428409303.jpg (169 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
1420428409303.jpg
169 KB, 700x466
>wasted your teens
>wasted your 20s
>>
I wasted my teens and young adulthood on WoW (16-24)

Then I began lifting at 24, and now I am 29 years old and soon I'll be 30 years old.

Life is so short.
>>
File: 1463090964480.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1463090964480.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>28530110
They're called the Lost Decades in my book.
>>
A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQm0tXPwCo
>>
if you realize the true nature of life, nothing is really wasted, everything is just passing by and all of this will be gone, so just let go.
>>
>>28530172
>I wasted my teens and young adulthood on WoW (16-24)

>Then I began lifting at 24

what does lifting have to do with anything there
>>
Tfw 22
Tfw turning 23 in a couple months.
Tfw spent about two years at age 20 to 22 bed ridden and then recovering from the illness (mostly mental).

It felt like two years just disappeared. And they basically did. Fuck my life. Now I'll be 23 soon and I feel like I was just 16 yesterday. I know this shit is going to get quicker and next thing I'll be 40 and still tfw no gf but too old for young girls to like me. Even though they don't like me now it'll be worse.
>>
>>28530110

Here's to wasting my thirties too!
>>
>>28530110
>my life was shit when I was 5 years old
>it was even more shit when I was 15
>I'll be 25 in a few months
>life is still shit
When will it get better?
>>
>>28530481
It gets worse until you die
>>
File: 0454___Wot3ijc.jpg (154 KB, 653x635) Image search: [Google]
0454___Wot3ijc.jpg
154 KB, 653x635
>>28530110

How did you waste your years, and what tips would you give to a young brobot that you wished you did/did not do?
>>
>>28530440
same except I wasn't sick, I was just a NEET. I enjoyed it while it lasted actually, but now that I'm being forced to go outside it feels pretty shitty being a 23 year old friendless virgin in community college who has never had a job and will probably graduate at 26
>>
>>28530110
>wasted my 30's
>wasted my 40's
>wasted my 50's
>wasted my 60's
>tfw I'm literally in my death bed dying of cancer

Get on my lvl faggot
>>
>>28530528
Pics or it didn't happen faggot
super originality with every bite
>>
>>28530515

Just do what you want. If you are unhappy many days in a row, force yourself to make a change toward something that would make you happy.
>>
>>28530522
Tfw I am a hs drop out at 22 and haven't enrolled in university yet and I don't plan on. I have no idea what I'm doing. Q
>>
>>28530563
>If you are unhappy many days in a row, force yourself to make a change toward something that would make you happy.

shit's hard pham especially if you don't even know what would make you happy
>>
>>28530515
Biggest piece of advixe I would give is to "just do it". Most all of my regrets dont come from failing to do something, tbey come from never trying at all. Phrases like "Ill probably filuck kt up anyway" or "Ill go in next week for sure" echo in my head, filling me with awful regret everyday
>>
>>28530579

I know your pain. Try to think of times you've been happy in your life, or things you've seen or thought of that sounded interesting. Also diet and exercise can help your mood- but think : there must be something you desire.
>>
My 20's could have been worse. At least I have a year left to continue chugging along.
>>
>>28530609
not him, but what if its not a matter of procrastinating or thinking you'll fuck up, but a matter of not having anything you want to do? Nothing is interesting anymore. everything seems pointless.
>>
>>28530651

Do you feel like that all the time? There must be something that vaguely interests you. What about travel?
>>
File: 1459650852712.jpg (34 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1459650852712.jpg
34 KB, 720x480
>>28530661
MODS
super duper originality
>>
>>28530665
>Do you feel like that all the time?
yeah, pretty much. No matter what I do, really.
>What about travel?
I've done it before on occasion. I don't get excited about it like other people seem to. someone else has always planned the trips and decided to ask me along, its never something I'd have done on my own initiative. After about a week I get really agitated and homesick. I never get anything resembling a good nights sleep in any bed but my own. overall it's something that I sometimes do that's kinda okay but it's not really motivating, and gets pretty exhausting. I just can't into wanderlust like some robots.
>>
File: 1441576451058.jpg (277 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1441576451058.jpg
277 KB, 600x600
>>28530661
>High school grades
>Meaning anything
>>
>>28530749

What do you do for fun? What's the last thing you did that gave you a feeling that resembled joy?
>>
>>28530831
>What do you do for fun?
I don't, rally, I just kinda burn off time with shitposting or occasionally vidya or anime or reading.
>What's the last thing you did that gave you a feeling that resembled joy?
Last time I had something where I was all "Holy shit, this is great, I can't wait to do more of it tomorrow" was when someone I knew got me into WoW in 2007. Wish I was kidding.Other things I have tried since then that have failed to produce such a response include exercising, drawing, photography, other vidya, tabletop gaming, normie life (bars and clubs and shit), programming, having a job, golfing, baseball, and probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting.
>>
>>28530937

What about wow gave you that feeling? I kinda had a similar experience with it-
>>
>>28531009
I don't know for sure what the magic was, but if I had to guess, I'd say a combination of a big world to explore, and the rules to that world being simple enough that I could comprehend them, unlike real life. Also unlike real life there was a direct and prompt correlation between time and effort invested and progress made.
>>
File: 2009-11-09-Waste.png (390 KB, 982x399) Image search: [Google]
2009-11-09-Waste.png
390 KB, 982x399
>>28530110
I'm 33 and I don't think I wasted my life because I can't even imagine to doing anything but video games, internet and sometimes fapping.
>>
>>28531378

It's a good life and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. I take care of dying patients from time to time. Having a family doesn't mean happiness and fulfillment. Just look after your health and other than that do what you want.
>>
>>28530651
Theres really no cure for that except maybe a good therapist or drugs. I don't think I've ever felt exactly like that but I have felt similar. I never had a ''thing'' I enjoyed doing but I had feeling that I liked feeling, like a person liking a picture I post on /ic/ or something. So I never did things because I enjoy doing those things but because I enjoyed any validation I could get from those things.
>>
>>28530110
What do you mean by "wasted"?
>>
>>28530110
>waste one year of my life repeating 11th grade
>waste another year studying literature before switching to CS
>i could be half way through a master's degree right now, instead i dont even have my bachelor's yet
>after my bachelor's i'll be too old to start a master's programme because of reasons (money, insurance, too old to be dicking around at college without work experience)
>never bothered learning Japanese, so i wont be able to go live and work in Japan
>instead i either have to stay in Europe (land of refugees) or go to America (land of SJWs)
>>
i just want to be normal
Should i do it? For the first time in years i finally am closer than ever to lose my virginity, should i go with it? Ive been passively trying to since 2 years but last month i put effort in trying to get girls (started dressing like a non-autist, using cologne, talking to girls at college). I feel like a traitor, i used to Post bullshit here like kill all normalfags etc, and i feel like i have no principles. Should i go with it? Should i back out and become a robot again? If you had the chance to become a normalfag, would you do it??
>>
File: 1458267570192.gif (62 KB, 387x305) Image search: [Google]
1458267570192.gif
62 KB, 387x305
Better to be alone and content rather than surrounded by normies and be miserable.
>>
>>28530375
picking up a heavy thing and putting it right back where it was is the pinnacle of achievement, didn't you get the memo?
>>
>>28531823
Not him but I literally stayed inside my house doing nothing but browsing 4chan

I'd call that wasted
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.