[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he doesn't like White/Rob Zombie http://youtu.be/sqPClltS5k8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: MI0001849918.jpg (58 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
MI0001849918.jpg
58 KB, 400x394
>he doesn't like White/Rob Zombie

http://youtu.be/sqPClltS5k8
>>
Rob Zombie is a great pleb filter.
>>
>>28529832
God tier
>Astro_Creep 2000
Great tier
>La Sexorcisto
Really good tier
>Hellbilly Deluxe
Shit tier
>Everything after HD
>>
"So I just said up yours, baby."
>>28530834
THE ELECTRIC HEAD IN YO HEAAAD IN YO HEAD IN YORRRRR
>>
>>28531065
fun fact: Rob never tried to secure the rights to any of the hundreds of movie and tv samples he used in his songs.
>>
>>28531109
Interesting bit of trivia.
I swear this was like the second album I bought as a kid.
Used to listen to blood, milk & sky before bed..
>>
>>28529832
Fuckin what, i didn't know iggy pop was in that song. I listened to that song so many fucking times I can't believe I never noticed iggy did the intro on that wtf
>>28530834
You're a dweeb, white zombie had a really raw sound and production value went up through the roof when he started up under rob zombie. i been listening to fucking Sinister Urge a lot in my car feels good to roll the windows down and cruise around listening just gotta turn it up to hear it over the wind.
>>
>>28531176
>Superior production values equal better music.

Okay f4m.
>>
>>28531176
Rob Zombie has better production than most White Zombie ever did. Rob Zombie also lacks 95% of the rawness, energy, and straight punch than any of White Zombie's songs had. I'd rather be a dweeb than listen to fucking Sick Bubblegum or We're an American Band or whatever bullshit he's doing now. AstroCreep is still catchy and brutal 20 years later.
>>
>>28531242
fucking hipsters
>>28531201
>hurr durr if it sounds better it can't be better
>stuff was better when i was 12 fucking kids these days probably dont get all excited and stuff when they hear music it was better when i was a kid
>>
>>28531299
It's actually not hipster to prefer analog recording/production over digital.

Many esteemed artists also share this preference.
>>
>>28531299
You're annoying as shit
>>
Korn and Rob Zombie just sounded better the more albums they release. Like I stopped listening to it but it turned into stuff that's probably more fun to perform and I end up grooving to the later stuff a lot more.
>>
>>28531356
Yeah actually I have this thing where I act as professional as possible on work. Then in life outside work, a little place I like to call real life, I realized I wasn't happy, people told me I was smart, good looking, funny, ect. lots of stuff, but I didn't really get any reward for it and started getting isolated from people and woke up and realized they did it on purpose, fuck them. So a lot of the times when I'm talking to people instead of doing what I'd naturally do I think to myself "What would an asshole do?"
>>28531351
your mom probably bought you your first zombie cd. what are you listening on? what's your stereo set up and speakers?
>>
>>28531299

Not him, but that is pretty accurate. Better production in the studio doesn't always equate to better music, but I wouldn't go so far to say that White Zombie was vastly superior. You change the band, you're gonna get a different sound. Rob Zombie is great, but White Zombie was absolute tits.

>>28531365

I kinda feel like I outgrew Korn a long while ago. I can still listen to their older stuff and enjoy because muh nostalgia, though. Offspring, on the other hand, has yet to make an album that I can't enjoy all the way through.
>>
>>28531413
At the time, I had an old-school Sony boombox hand-me-down from my brother, it was fucking ace.

My m0m might've bought it for me, I don't remember, as it would've been like, a good decade ago. 'tard.
>>
>>28531444
wasted trips. tard'
>>
File: hipsters.png (411 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hipsters.png
411 KB, 500x500
>>28531444
fucking hipsters
>I don't even listen to it, it was so good when I was young I just hit replay on the memory.
>>
>>28531444
Why do I get the impression you're the type of guy that would date a girl who is a groupie and would go backstage at a show and fuck a musician like rob zombie for no other reason than he's famous. I don't even understand the underlying thought process of why a groupy would do that just because the guy is famous, but you seem like the type that would date a girl like that. Then get pissed off when you find out about it.
>>
also i forgot to mention a boombox from the mid to late 80s upward was probably digital
>analog on digital
well im sure most musicians would agree you should buy their album for the sound at least
>>
>>28531537
>Not thinking you're normie as shit for making a family guy-esque meme.

Forgive my nostalgic tendencies. I don't even have a stereo per-se anymore, but could recall the system in which I used to listen to the album on. Countless times, in fact. It was in heavy rotation.

Why am I being crucified for little-to-no reason here? I barely said anything lmao. Fucking autists man. I don't like lo-if for the sake of lo-if, otherwise I would've gotten into 90's indie bands like pavement and co.
>>
>>28531656
>Why am I being crucified for little-to-no reason here?
I already explained I'm an asshole didn't I?
If I just went through life and assholes collectively decided they're going to act like assholes toward me it makes me the asshole and a chump, so why not just be an asshole?

Also analog on digital just made me giggle, most musicians don't give a shit about sound quality they're sloppy drug addicts/drunks check out their live show they found some random dude to do the audio technician side of it. Neil Young is probably one of the only musicians that gives half a flying fuck about sound quality and at consumer level most products available suck for fucking sound it's like super fucking meme power level to pretend you give a flying fuck about sound quality.
For fuck sakes I listen to shit like the shags so I just find it amusing to quiz you on this.
>>
>>28531929
No, you're just being unnecessarily contentious because you are, as we're all aware, a socially inept autist.

>Referencing Neil Young and Family Guy.

And the ultra-normie award goes tooooo *ding-ding-ding-ding* you guessed it, you!
>>
>>28529832

I like White Zombie, but not Rob Zombie.
>>
>>28529832
White Zombie and Rob Zombie are for edgelord faggots. There's some autist at my gym blasting this shit on full volume. Literally every song is "YEEEAH I AM A DEATH REAPER YEEEAAHH BABY SICK BUBBLEGUM YEEEEEEAAUH". Also, why does every song sound like the singer is singing through a telephone?
>>
>>28532483
He's a horrific singer, particularly live. (I've seen him multiple times).

And despite the fact that I do still like some of his early works - if not merely for it's nostalgic value, I would have to agree that he is a heavily overrated, contrived edgelord.
>>
>>28532543
He's not really contrived or an edgelord, he just loves horror films, and pretty much everything he does is related to it. It's not so much about "I want to do these things" as it is just him singing about the themes you'd have in a B grade horror as well. He directs them too.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.