[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Internet sucks now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: shutting down.jpg (22 KB, 770x619) Image search: [Google]
shutting down.jpg
22 KB, 770x619
The Internet sucks now.
>>
>>28527156
People on the internet suck now.
>>
File: download (7).jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>bored of the Internet
Ready to explore the space
>>
>>28527156
the internet always sucked
>>
>>28527156
>>28527962

Well, then put a little more effort into making it good, you faggots.
>>
I wish Zippcast was better
>>
The internet is full of basically anything you could ever want. Most of human history even books were incredibly scarce, let alone being able to read almost anything published on a single device.

You think the internet sucks because you waste it on shitty imageboards
>>
>>28529332
the internet takes the sense of wonder out of life. its like playing a game for the first time and using a walkthrough: thats boring. likewise, if you can get the answer to any question in seconds you become bored quickly.
>>
>>28527156
Where did it all go downhill? Maybe it's the phoneposters.
>>
it's not normies that are ruining the Web. It's your toxic attitude towards communication.
if you could just feel secure in yourself again you could easily go to a non-normie place and enjoy yourself again
but you stay on 4chan because that's easier and you lack that security and have no hope in retrieving it
>>
>>28529400
Phoneposters are a big part of the facebook twitter 2008 machine so you're basically right
>>
>>28527156

No it's fine. We are still in the wild west era of piracy, which is take advantage of. Communities have certainly eroded, but who gives a shit about those anyway. 4chan is the only place where I actually post shit.
>>
>>28529574

There aren't any sites worth communicating on. Unless you are really into facebook, snapchat, instagram, tumblr, etc. you're fucked. Besides, the internet isn't just for talking to other people.
>>
>>28529665
Yeah but that's the complaint I hope. It's incredibly easy to find good content. If you ignore communication.
>>
File: 300px-Xchat2.8.0.png (67 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
300px-Xchat2.8.0.png
67 KB, 300x212
IRC
R
C
>>
>>28529332
I concur, we live in a golden age.
>>
>>28528029
Get the fuck out
SUPER DUPER ORIGINALITY
>>
>>28529753
>normies, the IM client
Why would IRC be good?
>>
>>28529772
You have to remember that pretty much someone at any point in time has said that
>>
Could be better, but it could be a lot worse and will probably get a lot worse. At least 4chan is still as fucked up as ever and content still flows across the web.
>>
>tfw the vast majority of posters here have never heard a modem dial up and then get bitched at for tying up the phone line

This place makes me feel old as fuck sometimes
>>
>>28529753

>just dox my shit up senpai
>>
>>28528029
It actually did not. It was really cool. Somewhere around 2009-ish it started to get bad.

Facebook becoming open to everyone is what started the end of the 2000s internet.
>>
>>28529332
>The internet is full of basically anything you could ever want

Sort of. It's not like it used to be when there were 100 sites about any given subject. Now there's just wikipedia and university sites.
>>
>>28529665
Twitter. It's good. Right now twitter is still in its golden age. People will be nostalgic for it in five or six years.
>>
>>28529753
IRC is the personification of everything that was bad about the old internet.

You can't even use it now anyway.

>you have entered the chat room
>you were banned from the chat room
>reason: you entered the chat room
>>
>>28527156

I'm 29 years old and think the internet is still in a great spot. Free movies, music, tv, books, and software. Video game piracy is finally catching up, but it's only AAA shit for now.

>>28529375
I think vidya is an exception when it comes to fast access to data. Almost every other medium has benefited from it.
>>
>>28527156
when people figured out that funny sayings or catchphrases were 'memes' and then just started using them indiscriminately. all the funny shit gets pushed aside in favour of the classics or is considered real and to be 'cringe' tier.

also, g00ns ceased playing tetris.

at least i have irc.
>>
>>28530496
>what are ebooks
>what are online lectures
>>
>>28530519
What kind of shitty channels have you been trying to join? I've used IRC for over 10 years and that has never happened to me
>>
>>28529816
>normie IM

its basically the opposite. unless you join some faggot channel on a faggot server full of faggots. haha my mistake look what i went and done.
>>
>>28527156
Alright, anyone know any cool Jap sites to browse? Other than 2ch of course. I want to practice my gook and watch Japs talk about anime.
>>
>>28529574
I agree. There are plenty of ircs, smaller chans, liveboards, and forums you could use to talk with people. That said though, I do miss fansites. Now everything just has a wikia. It's missing that homegrown feel. I also sorta miss having to hunt for my doujinshi, but it's probably for the best that exhentai exists.
>>
>>28529375
This. Every question has been answered. The whole world's surface has been mapped as has our solar system. . Boring.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.