[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is drinking by yourself bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 12
One of my friends saw me buy booze and asked if I was going to a party and I told him no and he ended up asking if there was an occasion, so I end up just telling him I'm just drinking by myself cuz its a friday night and he asked if I had problems and shit cuz drinking alone is pretty fucked up and sad. So any of you robots prefer to drink alone and watch movies, play vidya and fap?
>>
>>28524214
How drunk do you get? Usually drinking is seen as a social thing just like smoking.
>>
yeah, sometimes, but I prefer weed

if your "friend" didn't offer to drink with you and help your sistuation and instead belittled you that's more fucked up
>>
Nothing wrong with having a few beers after work everyone does it, but if you're getting loaded alone that's not good.
>>
>>28524214
I wouldn't tell anyone that I'm drinking alone, but I do it quite frequently.
>>
>>28524309
Yeah also what about smoking bud? I used to do that shit alone in my room all the time when my parents were asleep. I feel like getting high by myself is better than with friends.
>>
>>28524297
Just to the point where I start leaning and things are alot funnier
>>
>>28524331
How do you get past the feeling that you feel alone when you drink? Usually some where in my drinking binge I sometimes get this guilty feeling that im drinking by myself. ja feels?
>>
>>28524376
so tipsy? I bet you only drink about 2-3 beers.

baby.
>>
>>28524411
well i would drink to the point of being beligerent but cant really do that after an incident that happened. Well I do shots so 4-6 shots in I suppose im kinda lightweight
>>
>>28524214
not a good thing
you may start drinking more and more and feel the physical need to drink every day without exception
i would advise not starting at all
>>
Who gives a fuck? I tell people I drink alone all the time.
>>
>>28524455
I only drink on Friday nights, its never gone past that.
>>
>>28524214
Drinking by yourself is fine. It's comfy and relaxing and makes internet and tv and movies better.

Getting ratshit drunk by yourself is bad tho.
>>
File: 1459240331037.jpg (44 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1459240331037.jpg
44 KB, 500x484
>>28524456
Is it a lonely life?
>>
>>28524492
that's fine then
>>
>>28524509
Will I die if I drink by myself?
>>
Nothing is bad; if it makes you feel comfortable than you do you man.
Alternatively drinking yourself into a coma and choking on your own vomit would be pretty bad.
>>
>>28524533
it would be extremely full of pain
>>
>>28524558
My life is miserable.. I went from kind of popular to full fucking blown robot. I cant look people in the eye anymore when I talk to them.
>>
File: tumblr_muacx3H1oF1sztzb2o1_500.gif (505 KB, 450x368) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muacx3H1oF1sztzb2o1_500.gif
505 KB, 450x368
Man, this thread makes me want to go out and buy some.
>>
File: leslie.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
leslie.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
Pro tip:

If you have to ask whether you have a problem, you do. That goes double if somebody else brought it up first.
>>
>>28524533
If you get drunk enough while you're sad without other people around you will usually send horrible abusive messages to people then try to ice yourself.

That's what I do anyway.
>>
>>28524533
Alcohol is a drug and you can OD on it. You can hurt yourself and die in an accident, or you could just OD and choke on your own vomit while conscious but unable to move your head due to how drunk you are
>>
>>28524704
I have a problem and I find drinking makes me not worry about it. Also fuck it, I'll tell you why I stopped getting total fuckong shitfaced by myself anymore.

>Get super fucking hyped for heavy drinking for the night
>Start drinking while playing LoL
>by the end of the game Im pretty drunk
>keep drinking cuz why not
>end up watching back to the future and blacking out
>wake up the next morning with drunk texts of my ex from highschool
>What looks like a noose on my ceieling fan
>I somehow broke my dinner table
>and all my clothes from the night was in the balcony

I dont even remember what happened that night desu
>>
>>28524657
Do it, drinking is good fo the brain
>>
>>28524510
It's what I'm used as I don't know what it feels like to have company.
To me it's normal.
Mind you I don't drink to pass out.
>>
>>28524753
What do you mean by ice yourself?
>>
>>28524839
>I have a problem and I find drinking makes me not worry about it

You could, and hear me out, fix your problem instead of trying to drown it in booze which has already proven by your anecdote to cause more problems
>>
>>28524873
I would commit suicide if my life consisted of nothing but drinking alone.
>>
>>28524896
Yeah man ever since I got out of highschool I feel like I cant talk to people anymore even let alone keep eye contact with them
>>
>>28524963
And has alcohol made a net benefit (More pros than cons) on that problem? Or has it only gotten worse since you been drinking
>>
>>28524214
I'm drinking everclear, same as every work afternoon.
>>
>>28524931
I'm also a wageslave if it means anything...
>>
>>28524983
yes, it makes the suicidal tendencies disapear till the next day
>>
>>28525006
do you get shitfaced every afternoon?
>>
>>28525030

That's not benefiting you at all, it's just pushing your problems to the future.
>>
I knew a guy at uni that knew I liked to drink alone and helped get me guys with connections and whatnot. He was pretty Chad but he enabled my solitary alcholism so I guess some people are cool with it.
>>
File: 1462761275901.png (252 KB, 856x2456) Image search: [Google]
1462761275901.png
252 KB, 856x2456
This is the realness.

Statistically an average of 2 drinks a day is where you begin to see an impact on health. So if you keep it under 14 a week and don't choke on vomit or something stupid you're safe. If you go over that a little I'm sure it's fine.

The thing to take away is:
DO NOT drink every day.
or, if you do at least make it a small habit like
ONLY drink 2 a day.

In terms of health impact try to think of a can of beer like a can of coke. One or two are fine but if you chug a 12 pack of coke every day it's bad for you.
>>
>>28525062

Drinking 2 beers won't do shit to anybody.

If you're not aiming to at least feeling warm and fuzzy you're just wasting your time.

Drinking 2 beers is like opening a bag of chips and only eating one
>>
>>28524214

Today's Thursday, bro.

Might want to cut back.
>>
>>28525048
its okay. when I fully lose my will to live I'll finally take action
>>
>>28525119
Most people have to hit rock bottom before they're willing to fix it. You could try to learn from everybody else's mistakes and catch yourself before slamming into the pavement
>>
>tfw the cashier at the liquor store gives you weird looks every time you go in and buy the same shit
I should really just buy a shitton of vodka that will last me for a month so I don't feel so shitty when going in every week.
>>
>>28525117
oh shit its only thursday. fuck I honestly thought it was a friday night. Well you can tell my drinkings got worse if anything lol. Ill just tell my boss that Im sick tomorrow
>>
>>28525167
Do you look depressed when you buy booze? and how often do you go?
>>
>>28525158
Ill let life decide how I solve my problems.
>>
>>28525243
>Do you look depressed when you buy booze?
Probably. I go in at least twice a week.
>>
>>28524214
hoons like him binge drink on social occasions and aren't aware that anyone just sips a few beer or a glass of bourbon without getting shitfaced

that's the only explanation I can think of. unless you're actually talking about throwing back a dozen tallcans every night while shitposting on 4chan. that's not healthy. for beer to be healthy it needs to be unfiltered and you should drink less than a liter a day

I hate getting really drunk, I can't stand the feeling of being stupid and uncoordinated. I doubt I could ever become an alkie, it's too numbing.

other drugs are also better alone. if I want to enjoy the chemical itself I make sure to do it alone, because other people would only distract me from what's happening to my body. the only point of social drug use is to put a different twist on the way you usually interact.
>>
Whats so bad about having a beer or two and watching a movie after coming home? Is there seriously some social stigma attached to this? I'd never even thought about that...might be because I'm from Germany where Alcohol isn't really viewed as a drug.
>>
>>28525167

>tfw used to be an alcoholic

I have 5 liquor stores near me and I would cycle through them because of getting the judgmental look. I would buy 2 handles every 3-4 days.
>>
>>28524558
for you big guy, 4U
>>
>>28525303
Do you ever contemplate taking your own life when youre drunk?
>>
>>28524396
I listen to drop kick Murpheys
>>
>>28525313
It's not a big deal unless you're an alchy.

>Come into work
>Jesus anon how much did you drink last night?
>uhhh 2 beers
>Everybody: Suuuuuureeee anon
>>
>>28525095
two beers does me fine

each beer has about 5-6 percent alcohol, and is about 400ml in volume. 40 ml of alcohol gets a soft buzz going on, and tastes pretty decent too
>>
>>28524891
Fucking kill home self fucking context you retard
>>
>>28525360
Do you come to work totally hungover?
>>
>>28524214
>asked if I had problems and shit cuz drinking alone is pretty fucked up and sad
I'll never understand how normals are supposed to be the socially well adjusted ones and then these figures have no tact and speak without even thinking or considering others' feelings
>>
>>28525377
Yeah you've been drinking again eh?
>>
>>28525379
I did (Sober now 6+ months).

I came into work still drunk and wouldn't sober up until 11ish as I was drinking until midnight the night before
>>
>>28525382
normies only care about themselves desu they really dont care if the things they say hurt.
>>
>>28525047
No, only 7-8 shots a day.
Just buzzing.
>>
>>28525315
It's worse when you're low on money and you buy shitty cheap booze that hobos wouldn't even touch while they just give you that look like they're your parents.
>>
>>28525372
You have I be 18 to post here and 21 to buy liquor and beer.
Grow some ballz
>>
Anyone got any drunk stories? Any funny ones l? Pretty drunk and I feel like hearing some pretty fucked stories.
>>
>>28525401
Duck no fucking Parrish butt and tuck
>>
>>28525483
Nobody likes an addict, not even the suppliers.
>>
>>28525484
its 18 in Canada, so idk about you man
>>
>>28525509
Its okay man, does being aggressive help you become a person when you're beligerent? I find killing people in videogames when im shitfaced helps the urge of killing actual people go away.
>>
>>28525483
Whats the lowest you've stupped?
>>
File: 1459558612372.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1459558612372.png
211 KB, 327x316
Cant even reed the comments, had 6 8.7% vol Ipa in les than 1 hour. im pretty destroyed watching 50 shades of grey cuz its funny as fuck.
>>
>>28525516
Do you really think they give a shit? Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>28525736
You addicts sure are mean when somebody calls you out on your problem
>>
>>28525516
I find I enjoy other alcoholics.
>>
>>28525771
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1462064114958.webm
>>
>>28524355
I smoke weed all the time and usually alone. When people question that I just laugh.

Why the fuck would I smoke a drug that makes you stupid and introverted around people.

Besides, being around other stoned people is the most boring fucking thing there is. They just do nothing, or eat.

Atleast when Im by myself I can enjoy vidya and play music and fap.
>>
>>28525801

It's okay, buddy, just continue to drown yourself in alcohol. Maybe you'll find happiness at the bottom of THIS bottle, you've drank so many your luck may turn around this time!
>>
>>28525712
broooo I wish I could get fucking shit faced rn
>>
>>28525861
> kek, you nignogs cant stop when roasted?
>>
>>28525861
>assblasted underage redditor giving me (Yous)
It's ok, maybe one day mommy and daddy will let you drink a beer before you're old enough, faggot.
>>
File: 187147-bait.jpg (220 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
187147-bait.jpg
220 KB, 3000x3000
>>28525867
enjoy loss cuz triggered by b8.
>>
>>28525904
Maybe mommy and daddy should've loved you more so you wouldn't have to have a liquid parent to fill the void your parents left in your life
>>
File: 1421451137678.jpg (73 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1421451137678.jpg
73 KB, 256x256
>>28525935
Holy shit you're the most assblasted faggot I've met on here.
>>
>>28525963

That's rich coming from the guy whose entire argument is insults, ad hominem, and straw men.
>>
>>28525930
im reatarded/ sprry annon. >>28525867
im not from usa, so i thought you where saying shit about me, now i reserched what shit faced means and i admit im retarded, but im to drunk. so sorry. i wasnt meant to try to put you down or something, i wish you had alcohol.

sorryy.

btw the pic is from a cute grill add to colection.
>>
>>28524214
It's not sad. Or maybe it is, but it's so fucking normal for adult men that it doesn't even matter.

I don't drink much myself, but it's just a way of relaxing, so I don't see why it should be reserved for social situations. IMO it's actually kind of immature of your friend to think of alcohol as this thing that only exists for him to get fucked up at a party with his friends.
>>
>>28525315
Fuck man, I feel self-conscious just buying food more than once a week
>>
>>28526050

I used to go to Taco Bell so often that they one time had my order ready before I even walked into the store
>>
>>28525006
ayy me too
i just mix mine with water or have it straight
what do you use?

have you found that your shits, sweat and farts have no scent after you have a lot of the stuff? I think it kills everything in one's system
>>
I literally can't stand being sober. When I get home from work I have to start drinking or I just fucking feel like killing myself constantly.
>>
>>28526050
What do you buy? I don't even go out unless I'm intoxicated, so I usually don't care what going on around me.
>>
>>28525313
Americans are ridiculously uptight about this shit, it's the Puritan roots
>>
>>28526108
Just normal groceries. I eat fairly healthily, I'm not conscious about the food specifically, just that the employees might think it's weird how often I shop. Self-checkout is a godsend.
>>
i'm drinking some arbor mist mango margerita shit
pretty good, on the last glass of finishing the bottle
>>
>>28524214

Depends on what you're drinking and by how much.

Drinking alone isn't bad. It's just it's easy for it to develop into a problem.

Your body though. Do what you want with it.

(And they probably don't fucking care if you have a problem or not. It's just an easy issue to "virtue signal" on.)
>>
>>28525935
Rough day, anon?
>>
File: 1424830887354.gif (401 KB, 494x750) Image search: [Google]
1424830887354.gif
401 KB, 494x750
I often sit in the bottom of my shower with the water on and drink whiskey out of a flask. Just me completely naked getting my shower while I quietly sob.
>>
>>28525572
Violence for violence sake.
But seriously though all of you need to get off the high horse and just enjoy doing things.
I thought this was the robot board where we enjoy things by our selfs.
Anyway enjoy highschool.
>>
>>28525535
It's 19 in New Brunswick.
I live in America make money and bring it there to get some good speed, hydro morphine and weed.
Booze is too much in Canada.
For a 1.7 liter I can buy vodka for 8-15$.
Can you? Courios?
>>
>>28525315
I know this feel, blacks
>>
>>28524214
Relative's birthday. Keep inventing new relatives. Never tell anyone you drink by yourself, unless you have some sort of entertaining internet persona with a following.

Back when we were kids, my and my best friend laughed at this other guy in our class we occasionally chilled with because he got drunk by himself in his room on his birthday. I don't think we ever drank in isolation. Fast forward ten years, I'm 22 and this shit happens every day. It's sad. The saddest part is when you can literally quit any day - I quit for a whole month, then went because literally why not, I'm bored as fuck and having nothing else to do. Like others said, it can become a problem very quickly
>>
Currently extremely drunk on a shitty Sherry.

Will watch American Beauty, try and kill some knats, and then think of ways to an hero.
>>
>>28525484
>21 to buy beer
lol

I've been buying beer since I was 16. Does it make you uncomfortable that I can have a beer and actually notice it? Maybe you should pay more attention to your own body.
>>
>>28526551
>americans: the movie: the game
>>
>>28525483
>Moved to a new town 6 weeks ago.
>Go to supermarket twice per day to buy cheapest possible wine (cheaper than any other alcohol)
>Yesterday noticed staff members pointing and laughing at me

Last night my stomach was so deatroyed i couldn't start on a bottle i purchased. Had a pleasant dream where I embraced my dead ex gf and everything was ok again. Woke up from overwhelming emotion. Quickly gulped down that bottle. It's worn off now.

I want to buy another, but that would be using the only money I have for the next 4 days. Also I'll have to pay with a combination of coins and my card in order to afford it.

If I remove the drinking my original problem remains. Do I have a drinking problem?
>>
>>28526729
what's your original problem? it sounds like nothing
>>
>>28524214
I usually got stoned or drunk just to bear hanging with normies in their bullshit plans until I figured I wasn't enjoying it and I should stop pretending. That's how I ended up drinking alone in bars or just smoking by myself at home.

Drinking at home can become a problem indeed. When I did because of the cheapness of it, I ended up drinking at breakfast, and then I stopped. Of course then came a couple of rought nights trying to catch sleep, so I went back to the bars with my notebook.

I prefer to drink with the few buddies that I have, but I don't see them often, which actually makes the rare ocassions we meet more cherishable. Only at one time a milf spoke to me at the bar because she thought it was sad that I was by myself, and she actually cried, no idea why. I figured I reminded her of someone.

Meh, I'm not drinking this month, but I did consider getting some beers tonight though. Enjoy your drinks OP and, as easy as it sounds but hard as it is, learn how to say 'enough'. To quote a great advice from one bartender: Drink 2, but don't make 'em 3.
>>
>>28526824
I decided I was too good for college and pursued a professional counter-stike career 10 years ago. Everything started falling apart before then, but that was the worst.
>>
>>28526889
No offense, but lol.

Greentext plz.
>>
>>28526889
yep, it's nothing

your problems are trivial and illusory
>>
>>28524214
you are not drinking alone if you play online games.
>>
>buy liquor from liquor store
>cashier says "see you tomorrow"

Drinking alone is fine though. I like doing drugs by myself. Obviously if people find out they are gonna be concerned though and assume you have a problem, which you probably do if you're asking yourself if you have a problem. Embrace it famalam
>>
>>28524214
any tips on how to hide the smell of alcohol? Gonna try drink alone in my room but i dont want to be caught
>>
>>28526945
What are real problems then? Enlighten me.
>>
>>28526967
This.

MMO and drinking is the best feeling.
>beligerent drunk on all chat
>makign friends
>embarassing myself
>getting banned for a little bit cause of shenanigans
good times
>>
only reason i drink is to cure my crippling social anxiety. no reason to drink it alone. doesn't taste that great either. i'd rather have a soda.
>>
>>28524214
Literally nothing wrong with having a few beers by yourself while relaxing.

Getting totally sloshed (anywhere, including by yourself at home) is absolutely goober-tier.
>>
File: 1452575718071.png (77 KB, 606x539) Image search: [Google]
1452575718071.png
77 KB, 606x539
>>28526967
>get drunk
>piss off teammates by how much I suck, then going
>lol sorry im drunk
>>
File: potato.jpg (228 KB, 724x688) Image search: [Google]
potato.jpg
228 KB, 724x688
>>28527143
By not being underage, you cockgoblin
>>
I used to drink alone. Its a sign of alcholism but not everyone who does it is an alcholic. I used to smoke weed but it made me very paranoid of people for some reason so i stopped. I think if i smoked alone i woild like it better though. Now im tempted to give it a try.
>>
>>28527270
haha i do this all the time. im beast from mon-thurs. then fri-sunday i suck and talk shit to enemies. they already know my pattern.
>>
>>28527270
Lmao i did this with benadryl. I took what i think 12-15 and started playing League of Leggings. I was part of a ranked team back then and is fucked the game up bad. I could barley talk or move my hand and kept forgetting shit it was awful.

On skype

>Uhhhhhhh immmmmm aaaahhhhhhh heading to bottommmmmm.

>Hurry man we need help

>Yeahhhhh im coming hold onnnnn

>Dude wtf why are you just walking into a wall welp we got wiped because of that go defend hurry

>On it

>Wtf WHY ARE YOU STANDING BY BARON OMFG WTF

I claimed i was sick and logged off

Lmao
>>
If you feel you must, it should be kept to an absolute minimum with hard rules.

One summer I would drink 2-3 beers on a Friday or Saturday night if I were by myself and no more. Otherwise it becomes a very slippery slope into a real problem.
>>
>>28526098
Usually start with shots, mix with orange juice or wine for drinking. Whem it's getting late I switch to water.
If I haven't eaten anything particularly pungent, yes.
My bottles are getting low, going to have to refill. How often do you need to grab extras?
>>
>>28526225
>Self-checkout is a godsend.
I don't want them judging all my cash Robitussin purchases.
>>
>>28526606
>American Beauty,
That is a pretty fun movie anon. Good taste
>>
>>28526729
If you have a way to receive mail I'll send you a box of wine, or if you have paypal
>>
>>28527384
I used to drink vodka with black coffee as a faggot. Donno if it ever worked, but mom never bothered me
>>
>>28525504

A guy I know got wasted went to the bathroom to take a shit and missed. He then stepped in his poop amd walked back into bed. When he woke up him and his sheets were covered in shit.

Aldo my gf got so drunk she started throwing up and used paper towels to wipe het face. She threw them in the toilet and flooded the bathroom...
>>
>>28527615
What country are you from? I don't think we are from the same place
>>
>>28527656
US, maybe not
>>
>>28525062
is this a troll image or would it actually work
>>
>>28527710
It's basically how people die from autoerotic asphyxiation
>>
>>28527764
>It's basically how people die from autoerotic asphyxiation
i see. thank you.
>>
>>28527599
>Good taste
thx senpai, and nice numbers

I love this move and with thei exception of 2001 a space odyseey I can alway rrelyo n this movei to remind me ofthe trruth.
>>
>>28527953
Did you have a stroke, anon?
>>
>>28524214
Lol who gives a shit if someone thinks its a problem. Drinking by yourself is completely fine, just don't go crazy.
>>
>>28528068
yedg s
>>
>>28528112
I kinda care cause I live at home and it could impact my living situation if my mom thought I was an addict.
>>
if drinking by urself is wrong i dont want to be right
>>
I drink by myself because my wife can't legally drink and I'm not slacking with her.
>>28524316
>beer
Beer is for tasteless poor people.
>>28525095
Stop drinking that worthless piss, then.
>>
I haven't had a drink in a non-online social setting in probably a year. I typically drink 6x500ml 6%+ beers a couple of times a week, alone. Is this normal?
>>
>>28524214
I like to drink myself but put my alcohol in a big gulp cup and go for a long walk, with more alcohol in a backpack for when I run out. Nothing wing with getting loaded by yourself. It's like meditation.
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.