[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you cope with having no goal or anything to look forward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1462854831272.png (545 KB, 919x703) Image search: [Google]
1462854831272.png
545 KB, 919x703
how do you cope with having no goal or anything to look forward to in life?
>>
Masturbation, drugs and visual novels.
>>
>>28524114
4chan anime vidya music etc are pretty much things that distract me from killing myself
>>
>>28524147
>>28524460
already tried this not really coping
>>
>>28524114

Alcohol used to work but now if I drink it when alone I just get tired. Also a half litre of vodka evolved into buying some MDMA the other day and I try stay away from hard drugs now. It was good fun though.

I think I may be going to the pub tomorrow with one or possibly two friends. I'm really looking forward to that 2bh. In general though I just feel terrified every minute of the day about what the fuck am I going to do.
>>
Just distractions. I've been waiting for death since 16.
>>
i dont understand how you can live without an end goal. even if you're completely afraid of your own lack of confidence you can just tell yourself it's so far away that it doesnt actually matter but still live towards it anyways
>>
>>28525052
there is nothing worth doing trust me
>>
Was dudeweed, then switched to mainly booze, now I'm back on the dudeweed.
>>
Magical girl anime brings me out of despair, at least temporarily. It gives me hope, I just don't know what to hope for. I know it's childish.
>>
File: baby's first existential crisis.jpg (640 KB, 1844x1230) Image search: [Google]
baby's first existential crisis.jpg
640 KB, 1844x1230
I'm a college student right now, so I just go tryhard with my classes to compensate for being an antisocial loser. Not sure what I'll do when it's over.
>>
>>28525066
then die i guess
>>
>>28524114
I have given myself a dream and I will work towards it for as long as there is a chance I can achieve it, no matter what.

One day a beautiful girl will like me and want to talk to me and spend time with me, and maybe even have romantic attraction to me.

I will do whatever it takes to achieve this dream, so long as there is breath in me. One day I will know what it is like to be given attention by a beautiful girl.

I will know what it's like to be looked at by a girl like girls look at Chris and David and Javi
>>
>>28525224
see like this man

it's completely unrealistic and sad but the only criteria for 'trying really hard to make it a reality' is just something like 'live to the end of my natural life to see if it happens'

having a life goal with the conditional clause 'if it happens, it happens' is a really easy way to justify life
>>
>>28525311
Do you think like such a goal isn't realistic given the means we have been given?
>>
>>28525187
do you know how bad I could hurt you irl
>>
>>28525404
please work on your sentence structure

i think it's realistic for me to assume you're a huge loser for obvious reasons, in which case the goal might be a bit unrealistic, but you could always prove me wrong
>>
>>28525439
>guys life isnt worth living :^(
>then stop living
> :^(
> >:^(

fuck off retard post address and we'll find out
>>
>>28525439
>le tough guy meme

Fuck off, faggot, you can't do shit unless you can dodge glock 40 bullets
>>
>>28525462
>le tough guy meme
>threatens violence
you don't think too well do you?
>>
>>28525032

get some good LSD and try that, its fantastic
>>
>>28525442
Sorry, that was sloppy, I usually write better than that. I am not the guy who posted that as my goal, that isn't my life goal, though I feel confident I could do that. The parameters aren't that specific, so I take it to mean a beautiful girl who I can at least tolerate being around. That's not really enough to motivate me as an overreaching life goal.

I think people have adequate mechanisms for self growth, at least enough to achieve things like that, but I guess it depends on how bad off they are. I don't think an ugly person with an IQ of 80 could do it, but I think anyone average or above has the means to achieve such a goal.
A strict daily meditation regiment, a strict daily exercise regiment, finding a suitable appearance, studying psychology texts regarding peoples perception of you.
>>
>>28525719
yeah you wrote it in a very 'b urself' way. the way i see it, it's really arrogant to say 'there's no one in the world for me', as if you're that special, as if you can speak for however many people are alive. the world is fucking huge and you should think a little harder about the scale of life to give yourself some humility

of course the line between being picky and being completely averse is very hard to find
>>
>>28525797
I think it comes down to down to whether that is meant to be something that happens in my life. It's not like I am doing anything to sabotage it, I exercise, meditate, learn skills, work on myself, am currently writing a book. I think that being the best that you can be, no smoke an mirrors, is far from deflecting any opportunity I may or may not have.
>>
>waste all of 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s working a mindnumbing cubicle job all day then coming home to a tiny dumpy apartment and watching anime by myself
>save all the money to be able to comfortably retire at 60 and spend the next 20 years in a retirement community down in Mexico where I lay in a bed all day watching anime by myself until I run out of money and the nurses decide to slip a little too much morphine in my drip
Pretty much have it all planned out. It's not much but it's a life.
>>
listen to music. music always helps.
>>
>>28524114
Well I'm going to therapy, so maybe that'll help. I got diagnosed with depression!
>>
>>28525608

you started it, he just outwitted you, idiot
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.