[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much coffee to stay awake for 24 more hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1463093004632s.jpg (5 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1463093004632s.jpg
5 KB, 238x250
I have a huge amount of schoolwork due tomorrow then am going out to an event in the evening. How much coffee do I need to stay awake????????? I've never had coffee before so I don't know the normal measurements
>>
>le Magic meme drink
>>
i cant tell if this is bait but coffee will not keep you up for very long. take a nap if you can or get a couple energy drinks
>>
>>28524144
This isn't bait I swear, I have a mug and put in two spoonfuls, is that enough??
>>
>>28524208
It'll keep you awake but from my experience your brain remains in retard state. So you stay "awake" but not awake. Reading becomes difficult, for example.
>>
>>28524324
Shit, I need to read and write this presentation.....how fucked am I?
>>
Coffee is a meme. It doesn't do shit to me.

>Do NOT talk to me before Ive had my morning coffee xD
Why is this a thing?
>>
>>28524369
I mean, I've never really experienced a "sugar rush" before so does this also means this won't work for me??
And yeah, I totally feel the same about those kinds of people But I'm Hoping this will work or be a placebo at least
>>
>>28524340
solution: Don't go out this evening m8
>>
Ask for an extension. Pulling an all nighter is a meme. You're brain and body will be too tired to do work. You're better off going to bed, getting 8 hours of sleep and waking up early to work on it.

Don't turn in trash work.
>>
Just drink like 10 cups so about 3 spoonfuls in a coffee maker
>>
too much coffee might make you shit yourself, just saying dude
>>
>>28524369
drinking a large coffee or a big energy drink makes me more alert and talkative, so when im groggy first thing in the morning i need to chug that shit in order to not fall back asleep as soon as i sit down
>>
Buy a 5 hour energy shot, works better than just caffeine
>>
I'm just gonna ask to have stuff in next week
> when you've missed four days
> ask teacher for an extention
> probably gonna think I'm bullshitting but legit have good reason
> gonna feel bad asking either way
I have a problem
>>
>>28524614
3 spoonfuls is way too little for 10 cups man. you may as well drink water.

2 spoons per 1 medium sized coffee cup
>>
>>28524369

How much sugar, soda, energy drinks, and junk food do you drink a day?

Your body is probably desensitized to caffeine
>>
>>28525172
>2 spoons for a medium sized coffee

You might as well be drinking coca cola...
>>
>>28525240
Almost none, I cut out that stuff quite a while ago
>>
in a more enlightened and sophisticated society you would simply be able to go down to the drug store and buy cocaine or another stimulant in a safe measured dose with instructions from an educated person... like a doctor. or just simply a well-informed pharmacy worker.

but until that time buy your drugs and do whatever you want just be sure to be responsible.
>>
>>28525363

I'd support legalization of all drugs if there were health insurance companies which only covered sober people.

Until that day I'm not going to be happy paying money to my insurer to clean up after addict's mistakes.
>>
Buy caffeine pills from a local pharmacy. They're cheap, easier to pop, and easier to abuse.
You need to abuse caffeine if you're not used to pulling allnighters.
Here's the deal: you will feel like shit if this is your first time. Your mind will probably start getting fuzzy around midday, you'll have a massive crash at ~3pm, and your eyes will become so strained that you may unintentionally cry.
Take 200mg every 3-4 hours, or if you start feeling tired. You can do it.
>>28524530
It's not a meme. Caffeine in good doses gives you the rush so that your brain won't be tired - just fuzzy. It's easier to get into "flow" mode as well. The only meme part of it is that by the end of the night OP will be drenched in caffeine-induced sweat.
>>
>>28524101

Buy adrafinil
>>
>>28524208
>instant coffee
might as well drink poo water instead
>>
caffeine works best on habituated persons if you want to perform better

coffee drinker w/ coffee > non-drinker without coffee > non-drinker with coffee > coffee drinker without coffee

the buzz is more fun if you're not used to it, but being habituated gives you opportunity to appreciate the ritual of preparing and consuming the coffee.

OP, you can't use drugs to avoid sleep and still make good work. that said, the most effective dosage of caffeine is 200mg every 5 hours.
>>
>>28525270
what does that even mean? 2 spoons isn't even that particularly strong. and it depends what kind of roast you use.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.