[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>used to be 20 year old handless kissless virgin >decide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 19
File: 156.jpg (346 KB, 800x586) Image search: [Google]
156.jpg
346 KB, 800x586
>used to be 20 year old handless kissless virgin
>decide to join the military
>acquire all of the life skills I was missing
>become disciplined and goal orientated
>get physically fit, muscular
>lose all of my inhibitions and autism
>leave military
>now Chad tier

Why haven't you joined the military?
>>
because I don't wanna die for some useless rich fuck
>>
>>28515098

Very few people in the military actually fight on the front lines.

Got any more excuses?
>>
>>28515120
>chads yelling 24/7
>no privacy
>medical history of anxiety and depression (not my choice)

The US military is the largest terrorist organization in the world. All you do is protect banks and oil companies who would write your life off for a few thousand dollars.

The military has never protected the country. Even the Revolutionary War was just slaveowners deluding useful idiots into thinking they were fighting for "freedom".
>>
>>28515083
I'm too old for the army, and previously having been prescribed SSRIs in the recent past (don't take that poison shit anymore though) means I'm not currently eligible for the other branches
>>
>>28515205
I cannot wait until trump is president and you useless fucks actually have to pay for your own self defense. I hope Putin steamrolls all of you. Gonna be great watching your Muslim invaders bankrupt you as you struggle to find an actual military capable of something without piggybacking on the US.
>>
>>28515205
>mentally ill
opinion discarded
>>
how's the nation guard?
that sounds pretty cool if it's basically the same as the army or whatever but you don't actually ship out or anything. just like get trained and then wait for the chinks to try to invade
>>
So you accepted being bossed around by a bunch of faggots? Being told what to do? Being controlled? Do you have no pride? You are a cuck.
>>
>>28515083
What happened to your hands?
>>
>>28515083
I am joining in few months and I feel like it is going to purpose my life in a way.
>>
It would probably be good for me. I feel completely lost all the time because it's hard to make decisions on my own. I feel like a genuine robot, just a 24 yo neet living aimlessly.
>>
>>28515271
There's not even such a thing as mental illness.

It's just society's way of attacking people whose ideas they can't or won't argue with; people who present a threat to capitalism.

People regularly join the military with the sole intention of killing people. Why aren't they diagnosed as sociopaths? Because they're useful.
>>
anyone notice the constant military shilling lately?
>>
File: jonah.jpg (22 KB, 705x442) Image search: [Google]
jonah.jpg
22 KB, 705x442
>fighting for a lie because le patriotism social acceptance
>getting willingly yelled at and disrespected by an empty-headed brute
>getting assfucked by your dumbass "pals"
>>
>recruitment campaigns on /r9k/
Why are recruiters such pathetic cucks?
>>
If we had mandatory conscription of at least 2 years there would be a reduction in robots, virgins, and NEETS by about 95%, just saying.
>>
>>28515782

H..hey I'm just doing my job, don't hate ;_;
>>
I take a bizarre pleasure from being a fuck up. It's like
>lol look at how much my life sucks
>>
>>28515083
>Chad tier
>Here
Nice try, army recruiter.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m93Ct7QPCMg
>>
I would, except I'm going to college right now and I'm pretty sure I don't have the physical capabilities to join up. Also I really don't think my family would approve in the slightest (seeing as my mom's a pacifist)
>>
>>28515083
I'm going to basic for army reserves on August 1st. Fort Benning then Fort Gordon for AIT. MOS is 25B.
>>
>>28516079
>my mom's a pacifist
Well what's she gonna do when the subhuman hordes break down her door?

I mean, I don't support the military either, but you shouldn't let your mom influence your decisions. Join if you want to.
>>
>>28515083
But you're still a kissless virgin, so what's the point?
>>
>lose engineering apprenticeship when company goes bust
>want to join royal navy
>eyesight too bad

just
>>
>>28516138
That's more of a secondary reason. As a person who has asthma and a shitton of allergies as well as being physically unfit, I just don't think I can do it at this point in my life (especially since I'm going to college right now)
>>
>>28515083
The standards for the british military are a lot higher than the american one. You need to already be fit, with ambition and social skills.
>>
>>28516170
Try the RFA.
>>
>>28515083
This feels like a massive troll. OP will be waiting in a couple of months for load of PTSD threads. Not that I have anything against the military or serving but half these retards are on some type of medication, so its not a choice.
>>
>>28515431
maybe with high schools n shit getting out for summer after graduations they're looking for fresh recruits.
>>
well I want to be a state trooper and the academy is very military like,does that count?
>>
>Why haven't you joined the military?
My country has conscription so I can't really "join" the military. Being a fat fuck and pollen allergies had them postpone my conscript training by a couple of years.
>>
>>28516210

same m80

It's also full of middle age men and second rate sea cadets who think they're in the SAS
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>28515748
these things

original genital
>>
>>28515253
>implying the U.S. Army protects U.S. citizens
it protects the ambitions of corporations abroad and little more
>>
I want to join the Marines badly, already talked to a recruiter but lied about a lot. That was a year ago. I got a concealed weapons charge as a kid for having a knife (retarded I know. Fucking America man) got off with a misd. and 6 months probation. Was in therapy from age 5-17. Became a neet at age 20. Told the disability psych that I was obsessed with the idea with killing people, which is honest. Will this shit bar me from joining? Will they look into my records and see the reason for being on disability and ssi? Or will they just see that I am on it and ask me why?
>>
>>28517299
The charge might show up, but honestly doubt they would care even if they found out about the psych thing.
>>
>>28515083
I'd love to, but I can't pass the physical test to get in to the ground forces in my country, and I hate the air force/Navy.
>>
>>28515205
Ohh you liberal fuck.
>>
I am joining the air force. Too late to recruit me.
>>
what excercises do you do in the military? Can I do them in my room?
>>
>>28515272
national guard units usually deploy once every four years.
>>
>>28515083
Get the fuck out of here drill sargent motherfucker. We don't need your bullshit games.
>>
I'm 23 and am scared of wasting what's left of my life around normies hazing me for being socially retarded and generally pathetic
>>
>>28516183
physical fitness standards are lower in the British military. You also need a minimum of a college degree for the majority of navy positions in the U.S.
http://www.navy.com/navy-life/life-as-a-sailor/fitness.html#physical-training
most people who meet the minimum requirements can't even get in.
>>
File: 81LFWqiZaVL.jpg (473 KB, 1236x2208) Image search: [Google]
81LFWqiZaVL.jpg
473 KB, 1236x2208
Anybody read Starship Troopers?

I loved the film and wanted to check it out.

Turned out to be a very cool look into military life and social service. Definitely gave me a new perspective and was a great read.

Although to agree with all the values put forth in the book I would have to have absolute confidence in the military system which works pretty decently in the ST universe but is very different in real life.
>>
>>28517585
So what you're saying is that you're autistic?
>>
I wanted to join the military since I was 19; I'm 23 now. I could've done my service by now, but instead I wasted my time at university, dropped out, and work at a shitty labor job now.
I wonder what my life would be like if I had joined when I first wanted to..
>>
File: lel.gif (1 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
1 MB, 355x200
>>28517605

nice comment, gj man
>>
>>28517631
you are me to some degree though I spent more time as neet contemplating suicide and avoiding reality because it's shit
>>
>>28515083
isn't army gay and bullying enviroment? like isn't it a rule that you're even bullied by your commander or something?
>>
>>28517585
if you like starship troopers read old mans war by john scalzi
>>
>>28517664
That reminds me. My first year out of highschool I was NEET. And I too contemplated suicide (still do) and avoid reality.

One of my professors at university was in the navy and he encouraged me to join. He said it would do me good, and he's probably right, I'm just kinda cared to join though.
>>
>>28517799
That's ironic, at my last job that I was fired from for reasons not entirely my fault I met a navy guy who encouraged me to join, he probably thought I was 17 I look a kid to everyone.
>>
I was in the reserves for awhile. I didn't renew my contract. It was okay I guess. I made a lot of friends. Got physically fit and I'm a hell of a lot more confident - but I'm still pretty fucked in the head. Lots of anxiety and depression. Self isolating is pretty bad habit to kick. I don't know. It wasn't really all that life altering. It was a good life experience though.
>>
>>28517585
dude fascism lmao
>>
File: 7c8.jpg (20 KB, 396x325) Image search: [Google]
7c8.jpg
20 KB, 396x325
Because I got permantly disqualified for a food allergy, thanks for reminding me how I took and passed the Asvab and passed it two times only to have my waiver denied
>>
>>28515380
>Bait.jpg
Ignored and hidden.
>>
>>28517881
Have you read the book?
>>
>>28515083
I would do it today if i wasn't so fucking scared of fucking up while in battle or not getting on with my squad mates
>>
>>28517585
I watched the movie.

I actually watched all of them. Even the third.

Good god that third movie.
>>
>>28517843
Let's join together, anon :3
>>
>>28517988
Depends on which branch you join, if youare scared of combat, join the Navy, tge coast guard or the Air force but you need a high asvab score to get in to these branches
>>
>>28515273
no, you actually think submitting to a higher power is being a cuck? thats fucking stupid. submitting to your wife, kids, etc. is a cuck. not the other way round. You SHOULD submit to people who have more right to authority than you, e.g. army generals, policemen, etc.
>>
>>28518022
While I love the film, it's got nothing in common with the book except for the name.

Probably why many who were fans of the book hated the movie. But they are just two separate things.
>>
>>28518037
I'm not scared of getting shot at, just fucking up so badly i get someone on my team killed, do they let you take anti-anxiety meds in the army? if they do i might join up

Britfag here
>>
>>28515857
lol, you think a bunch of guys who read this matter for the army? how much people are on r9k, few hundred, and how much of them from USA? seems useless to waste resources on this here.
>>
>>28515875
>dude every other word.
>dude every word
>all i hear is dude dude dude
Dude...go fuck yourself normal faggot and get the fuck out of my life dude. Excuse me gonna do dude the shit out of your mom while your busy being a soulless shill dude.
>>
>>28518022
Third? The trilogy went to shit after the first one.
>>
Because I'll still be 5'6 faggot unless I get leg lengthening with the military money I save up, but I'll be 29 by the time I get out of the Navy since my preferred rate is 6 years
>>
>>28515083

army reservist while in college doing radio / sat comms

its a good life senpai, great student gig
>>
>>28518079
I'm a ameriburger so I don't know what the British equilvulant if meps is but I dont think they allow medication of any kind but that's how it is in the US
>>
File: 1388016020203.jpg (20 KB, 403x395) Image search: [Google]
1388016020203.jpg
20 KB, 403x395
>join military
>they feed you that shitty military food with preservatives and artificial trash in it, destroying your body
>they put you in some shitty job that doesn't translate to civilian life
>"but they pay for university!!!"
barely.

no thanks. literally the only REAL benefit is all of the undeserved veteran discounts and privileges. If I could do it for like 2 years, I probably would. Fuck 4 years.
>>
>>28515083

I have a gf so that'll have to end first. I'd also have to spend time getting fit on my own as I have a history of childhood asthma and my lungs are shit - the only time they weren't was when I was getting pretty fit and had good cardio in highschool.
>>
Is it better to get a degree and then join? If I get a degree first I'll be like 26 years old. Isn't that a little too late to join?
>>
>>28515083
>still no mention of any girls
Military fags are the worst. All that talk, you walk around feeling alpha as fuck yet you still can't get a girl. Glorified cops.
>>
>>28518048
>more right to authority
Kek
>>
>>28518048
Fucking cuck NOBODY tells me what to do you giant tool.
>>
>>28515083
I fucked up college and fucked up every employment opportunity for 24 years of life. Joined the Navy for 5 years, helped alot of people out medically, learned some valuable skills, made decent money, hooked up with a lot of girls, got married, got fit and didn't die. Hell I didn't even deploy, I was worked up to go twice and they both fell through at the last minute.

Got out and now I am about to finish this current semester of college with a 4.0, all paid for. In fact I am getting paid to go to college, Not many can say that.

I would have stayed in but didnt want to be away from my family for extended periods of time and I would probably change rates to something that doesn't deal with Marines because being with the Marines fucking blows.
>>
>>28518048
>these mental gymnastics to justify his cucking
KEKADOODLE DOO
>>
>>28515205
Having no privacy is the best cure for anxiety and depression. You are depressed because you sit alone all day. You have anxiety because you are not connected to the world and therefore has no experience of the expectations within it.

Go join the military.

As for the political stuff, it's gonna happen whether you join or not. Obama isn't gonna go,
>Well, anon didn't want to join the army, might as well close down the whole organisation now.
>>
>>28518023
hmmmmmmmmm maybe after I get a mcjob and build some base level motivation.
>>
>>28518278
>because being with the Marines fucking blows.

What's so bad about them compared to the regular army?
>>
>>28517579
This the US military isn't just taking anyone this point. We're in the middle of cutting down.
>>
>>28515083
I joined the military and Im not even close to Chad. But it did bump me up to a Cyborg
>>
>tried to join when I was 17
>medically disqualified for being born with an undescended testicle

What now?
>>
>>28518224
Being an officer is better, yes. 26 is not too old to join. I enlisted at 24 and there were a few people older than me in boot camp. 30-32 is the age limit I believe.
>>
File: 1462967835062.jpg (52 KB, 587x378) Image search: [Google]
1462967835062.jpg
52 KB, 587x378
because im german, i think our todays army is even more beta than me.
>>
OK Sgt. Shekelstein I'll join the Army and go fight for Israel if you promise it will turn me into a 10/10 alpha Chad. Thank you for this opportunity Sgt. Shekelstein.
>>
>>28517585
I read the book yesterday and am im in the AF
>>
>>28515083
>joined the military
dam cucks. i refuse to fight for old men and there arguments about who is right or wrong. But to settle it were going to kill 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 people and say it's solving the problem. Fuck off

You are the real monsters and you should take responsibility for all the people you killed murderer!
>>
Concealed weapons charge as a juvenile. Got a misdemeanor, not a felony. History of depression. Went to the psych ward twice voluntarily to get away from everything for a while. Been shot but no permanent damage. Bullet fragments all over though. Will that shit disbar me from enlisting in the Army?
>>
tfw i can't even join the military if i wanted to. You can only join when you are 18 and if you are very fit at the time, that train left my station a while ago
>>
Hows the pay?
I'm thinking of joining, because I want to get away, but I need to know how much money I'll make while I'm away.
>>
File: 4d6.gif (4 KB, 452x523) Image search: [Google]
4d6.gif
4 KB, 452x523
>>28518320
>Go join the military.
Hehehe yes go- I mean guy, we- I mean your country needs to be defended!
>>
>>28518320
>You are depressed because you sit alone all day.
Could you spell CHEMICAL IMBALANCE for me pls?
>>
>>28518371
How is it better? I don't know anything about rank, pay, etc
>>
>>28518320
Please allow me to slit your throat with a rusty knife normie.
>>
>>28517770
Thanks ill check it!
>>
>>28515083

> I lost my autism
You probably never had it genius.
>>
>>28515083
im too short kek just end it
>>
Were you somewhat fit before joining, if not did the regular training help you catch up to the others?

What did you join exactly and what did you do?
>>
>>28515205
>for a few thousand
Buddy, one seal costs like $5 million. One infantry costs like $50k
This aint the red army (though you wish it was you commie), the US values soldiers lives A LOT
>>
>>28518596
>Buddy, one seal costs like $5 million. One infantry costs like $50k
Lel, the US is so funny.
>>
>>28518596
>values their lives a lot
>infantry costs, as the other anon said, a few thousand
You are fucking retarded. Just stop sucking uncle sam's cock for one second and you would see what a cuck you are.
>>
>>28518596
>the US values soldiers lives A LOT
If you die without wearing your helmet and vest, your death is automatically ruled preventable and you family doesn't receive any sort of compensation.
>>
>>28517299
You sound perfect for the marines, Pyle.
>>
>>28515083
When I was 18, I got drafted(because every adult male in my country is drafted). My health was considered too bad for military service. Oh, and getting into army in Russia is literally a Russian roulette. You might get into a decent place. But there are also garrisons from which you might return literally dead or disabled because officers and/or other soldiers are fucked up there.
>>
>>28518735
Everyone tells me I would be a perfect fit. 22 years old, fit and muscular, been boxing and competing in Jujutsu tournaments for about 10 years. Been shooting since I was a kid. I have no purpose in life, I just want to be in the Marines. I just know I would get declined. I've been shot in the face and have bullet fragments all over, but no permanent injuries from it.
>>
>>28518653
>If you die without wearing your helmet and vest

In combat or not? because if it's in combat you shouldn't be removing them dumbfuck
>>
>>28517929
Passing the ASVAB isn't remotely impressive though
>>
File: 1449660519371.png (787 KB, 654x539) Image search: [Google]
1449660519371.png
787 KB, 654x539
>>28518777
>But there are also garrisons from which you might return literally dead or disabled because officers and/or other soldiers are fucked up there.

Like where?
>>
>>28518859
Because helmet never get knocked off or end up in a fucked up position, right?
>>
File: 1461038952161.gif (21 KB, 600x713) Image search: [Google]
1461038952161.gif
21 KB, 600x713
>>28518893
>knocking your head on shit like a retard
>better take my helmet off and carry it instead of fixing it

You entitled cunts annoy the fuck out of me, take responsibility for your own personal safety and it's not an issue, i'm glad no one has a liability like you in their squad
>>
File: 1452851369740.jpg (12 KB, 479x177) Image search: [Google]
1452851369740.jpg
12 KB, 479x177
>>28518928
I've decided to stop replying to you.
Have a good one.
>>
>>28518235
>>28518253
>>28518280
actual narcissism right there.
>>
>>28518965
Yeah avoid other opinions like you always do you hugbox faggot, fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>28518371
But then I'll be surrounded by 18-20 year olds who I can't relate to
>>
>>28518879
Like garrison number 61423(voinskaya chast' 61423) near Yekaterinburg.
>>
>>28519237
What do they do senpai, if it's common knowledge why does no one stop it?
>>
>>28516418
It makes a lot of sense for them to recruit from here. Most boys here have literally nothing going for them and nothing to lose.
>>
>>28515083
If oyu have problem Make friends and people allways see you as a less. military is not for you.
>>
File: 800x600_btK7Ecm8qUFckPcX8HIU.jpg (176 KB, 650x486) Image search: [Google]
800x600_btK7Ecm8qUFckPcX8HIU.jpg
176 KB, 650x486
>>28519291
General abuse because abusers are bored and have power to do it. Making soldiers do menial work and give what they earn to officers(in other words, using soldiers as their personal slaves). In some extreme cases there were rape and torture.

> why does no one stop it?
Most of the time nobody even bothers because Russia. There were few lawsuits, though, in the said extreme cases. If some of the oficers was engaged, they got suspended sentences, or the case was stopped at some point because they had connections. If some of the soldiers were involved, though, they were made scapegoats.

Pic related is an actual photo of what happend there. A conscript from Dagestan decided to wake up other soldiers and write the name of his republic on their heads. He than posted a photo in a social network site.As far as I know, he got 5 years of jail.
>>
>>28518864
I did have a good score though
>>
>>28515205
>write my life off for a few thousand
If I die, on duty or off duty, my next of kin get $450,000+ and benefits for the rest of their lives.

Considering I'm an IT guy for the air national guard, not even a combat position or in a combat wing, I have to say that it is a good deal.
>>
>>28515748
More like
>getting a chair force job that happens to be in Qatar for the ludicrous benefits and legitimate entitlement to government programs and preferential hiring
>>
>>28515083
National guard bot here, I do basic IT every once in a while in exchange for free college
>>
File: 1458607136309.jpg (356 KB, 1339x847) Image search: [Google]
1458607136309.jpg
356 KB, 1339x847
>>28515205
This, desu.

AmeriKans are the new Soviet Union.
>>
Because I have no discipline and react poorly to other people giving me directions.
>>
File: 1398174469839.webm (1 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
1398174469839.webm
1 MB, 1280x544
>>28515083
>military
>discipline
Nice made up story OP
>>
File: 1460258543295.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460258543295.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
>>28515083
mfw all the stories about betas joining the military and then hanging/shooting themselves on week 2 of paris island
>>
>>28520352
>joining the marines
>ever

Marines are for idiots who actually WANT to die while serving. Lackland AFB is cushy, man.
>>
>>28520388
>Who actually WANT to die while serving

are you fucking retarded do you not understand where you are posting. why the fuck would I ever want to come back.
>>
>>28515083
I'm joining the navy, this winter I believe, however the main concern for me is weight, how strict are they on it, I'm below the maximum amount (I'm 5'9 and 175) however I sint think my measurements are going to be below the amount needed for under 20% body fat. I'm working out daily to prepare for it, however idk if I'll lose the weight in time and I'm wondering how strict this rule is, like for example do they test it after boot camp, can I get multiple tries, can I pass if I pass the physical but not the measurements?
>>
File: Kilik.jpg (3 KB, 88x98) Image search: [Google]
Kilik.jpg
3 KB, 88x98
>>28515083
I am attempting to join the air force My mother was army and my half brother went navy. The first time I went in to see a recruiter I didn't meet weight requirements for any branch.

That was 5 months ago I was 265. My girlfriend cheated on me a few weeks later after I went to see a recruiter. I went out a few days later trying to pick up a woman from a bar I tried apporaching woman untill one of them told me "Get away from me you fat darkie!" That was my wake up call.

I cut back on vidya,soda, and began to eat right, fixing my diet slowly. I adopted a dog and started to run, I started intense body weight training, got a part time job and I banned myself from 4chan untill I hit 205lb and saw a recruiter again.

Today I met that goal.

Today I met with recruiters again Army ,Navy and Air Force. I wanted a sign in bonus and the Air Force talked to me about a in demand AFSC the most with a 50k USD sign - in bonus for a job that I am interested in. Only Exception, I had to drop more weght I have to be 190lb to take the ASVAB.

That's my progress so far.
>>
File: 1365871564344.png (10 KB, 326x383) Image search: [Google]
1365871564344.png
10 KB, 326x383
>>28520629
you're still a nigger
>>
>>28520656
I am okay with this. I was born a nigger not much I can do to change it. But I will do what I can to not follow the stereotype associated with the word.

>>28518320
>You are depressed because you sit alone all day. You have anxiety because you are not connected to the world and therefore has no experience of the expectations within it.

Also this. Another reason I am joining.
>>
>>28515083
Because I'm not dumb as fuck and value myself as a person.
>>
>>28520629
>got denied by the american military

They literally take people that can barely manage to breath on their own, I wouldve left you too, no offence bud.
>>
>>28518322
I imagine Army and Marine combat arms are about the same (both suck), but Marines suck in particular because their gear sucks (less funding), stricter regulations and more restrictions, their bases and facilities are trash.

When I was blue side (Navy base), It was basically a 9-5 job with mandatory PT, staying late and coming in early like twice a month and getting a haircut twice a month, if that.

With the Marines, I was sleeping outside with no tent or cover for weeks at a time, stricter uniform and grooming standards, 12 mile humps at 3 in the morning, 24 hour duties, standing around for hours doing nothing and cleaning all the fucking time. The only plus side was that everything was so disjointed and clusterfucked I could show up in the morning to check in and then go back home the rest of the day and nobody would know most of the time. If they needed me and called to ask where I was I would just say "oh uhh I was working out/going to medical/studying, I will be back in 20 minutes!" After one TAD I didnt even show up for two weeks and nobody noticed.
>>
>>28515083
I'm european, bipolar, fat and use glasses. I would if i could.
>>
>>28520850
None taken I actually like comments like these. I see as negative reinforcement.

Hence the self improvement or what I consider self-improvement.

I'll still go up again and keep trying. But since I have gone today the army and the navy are ready to take me but I want more money. Army and Navy didn't have the money I wanted so USAF seemed like a better choice. I'll go back up at the end of the month.
>>
>>28515083
I don't want the other guys laughing at my dick during the shower.
>>
>>28521029
Im actually wanting to shit on the US military instead of you desu.
>>
>>28520900
Were you a corpsman or what?
>>
>>28517585
>>28517605
>>28517881
>>28518022
>All of these faggots no understanding the heavy anti-military message of starship troopers
Don't get me wrong I love the movies but please tell me you understood the second degree/irony of ST ?
>>
>>28520388
This is bullshit marines don't do shit.
>>
>>28521249
In the film, sure. That's what makes it great.

Have you read the book? It's pretty much the opposite.
>>
>>28518320
>Having no privacy is the best cure for anxiety and depression
Sure and getting bullied by aggressive imbreds and chads is good idea.
>>
>>28515083
The doctors gave me super powerful antidepressants and other medications and it made me hypomanic so they diagnosed me with bipolar so I can never join the military.

Never go to a psychiatrist.
>>
>US military

kek
>>
>>28515083

>Sell drugs
>Take drugs
>Do whatever the fuck I want

Military is for cucks. Your gf will come to me when she needs some fun. I'm sure you'll provide all the stability and discipline she needs.
>>
>>28520445
You get tested every 6 months after boot camp, it isn't hard to pass unless u a total lardi
>>
>>28521576
Too bad the forever war blows it the fuck out.
>>
Don't join the military at all
>>
>>28515120
Can you volunteer for combat? I want to join through ROTC but I want to actually go to a war zone, not fuck around in Nebraska for a decade.
>>
>>28515380
Will you be voting for bernie sanders when youre old enough to vote?
>>
>>28521975
Yes, you can volunteer to be deployed to a conflict zone.
>>
>>28518500
>classic meme scapegoat for your own problems
>duh it's not my fault how I live
>>
>>28522004
>you can volunteer to be deployed

Only if you've been in for 15+ years and you have actual rank, no one is going to listen to joe shmoe who has been in for 6 months saying he wants to kill people
>>
>>28518500
Actual imbalances are pretty rare. Usually you're depressed for a reason. My guess is the "I'm a sack of shit" self-pity feeling. Military might sort that out. Or you'll kill yourself like so many other soldiers. You never know.
>>
>>28522053
ROTC would give me an ok rank. You sure you need 15 years of hanging around in like Nogalas in order to go serve? I thought the military was kind of strapped for eager soldiers.
>>
>>28522159
>ROTC would give me an ok rank.

No it wouldn't, you would enter the military as butterbar 2lt #239043955038950. Everyone expects them to be as retarded as newly enlisted privates.

And the military is the opposite of strapped for eager soldiers, they've been kicking a ton out recently because they want to cut numbers.
>>
>>28521029
Good on you man, I'm half nigger and will probably be neet forever.
Make it out, do it for g baby.
>>
Not American, but shit pay, long hours, fucking crawling around in the mud and no thanks or respect for it. No thanks to being a grunt.

I could see myself maybe joining in some more skilled occupation, maybe as a mechanic in the air force or navy.
>>
>>28522204
How do I join and not get kicked out and get to actually fight?
>>
>>28522353
Get lucky enough to go to a base that deploys a lot then get lucky enough to get chosen to deploy since everyone doesn't go.

That's all that you can really do
>>
>>28515083
well, my hearing is damaged and i have flat feet
i'm not really sure if it's something that i'd want to do
>>
>>28522415
Flat feet only disqualifies you if it's the rare kind that gives you extreme pain even by walking normally
>>
Dont think i want to be in the army, but I've thought about it. I think I really want to join the peace corps or something similar. I want to get out of the country and start doing something that feels significant. Don't really know exactly what I would like to do, though.
>>
>>28522466
yeah my arch has basically completely collapsed. without my insoles running is out of the question. walking is questionable. even if i wasn't disqualified it would be god awful
>>
File: double doge.jpg (65 KB, 640x625) Image search: [Google]
double doge.jpg
65 KB, 640x625
>>28515083
I've done 12 years in the air force reserve and I'm still a depressed/anxious piece of shit with no friends or no gf ever.

The only good part of it all was the GI Bill, but even then I had to first "earn" it by deploying to Afghanistan 3 times since I was a lowly reservist and we only get it by deploying.
>>
>>28522486
Peace Corp is a waste of time.
>>
>>28522546
You think so? I will still research more bit that's one thing I was concerned about. I'm afraid it would be too chaperoned and Americans in the peace corps would be treated too differently. Might not end up doing much of anything.
>>
Even if I wanted to I would be disqualified because of autism.
>>
>>28515083
Because I have no interest in signing away my civil rights so I can have the right to get screamed at by some barely competent asshole and die protecting Jewish business interests.
>>
>>28515083
Because I'm intimidated by boot camp.

Otherwise, I'd consider it. But I don't want to be some right-less individual getting screamed out by jugheads for 2-3 months.
>>
>>28522823
That's the easiest part of your military career, the most that they can do to you is make you work out and make you in better shape.

You just spend all day not having to think because they do everything for you and you collect checks for getting in shape and shooting for free
>>
>>28515083
18 year old senior in hs here.
You see, im at a loss with this decision.
>kissless virgin blah blah blah
>played football throughout highschool despite being a loser
>terrible at it but whatever
>i hated being screamed at, it would mess me up
>i know i can muddle through the training,i run distance daily and do a small bit of weight training
>but im terrified of being yelled at
>it was only so bad in football, this has to be leagues worse
>would probably be able to join but im hesitating heavily because im a pussy

I dont know what to do. I think im not going to enlist and i feel releived but then i think im missing something and im a loser and that i should enlist and my heart rate spikes. Its been messing me up recently.
>>
>>28523174
>>i hated being screamed at, it would mess me up

I used to be like that then I realized that they were just IRL shitposters and I stopped caring about their childish antics
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.