[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to forget something so you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: pep.png (5 KB, 610x514) Image search: [Google]
pep.png
5 KB, 610x514
What's the best way to forget something so you don't keep reminding yourself of it for years and years?
>>
Repress it?
>>
>>28510801
but to repress it I think about it and thinking about it reinforces the memory

I guess I just need to distract myself every time I think about it as quickly as possible
>>
>>28510797
Use that men in black thingy
>>
File: 1461542996109.png (1 MB, 945x1337) Image search: [Google]
1461542996109.png
1 MB, 945x1337
>>28510797

Meditate, mentally force it out of your thoughts.

If thats too difficult/doesn't work. Turn it into a humorous thing, something that makes you laugh no matter how physically cringe induction it is
>>
File: no.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>28510797
gunshot wound to the skull
>>
>>28510797

The best in the long run is to get in a calm state of mind and let it run through your mind, and as this happens keep reminding yourself it is done and is not affecting you. Acknowledge it for what it is, and move on. Repression is imperfect.

It took me years to get over a few things. The attitude of "yes, that happened, but it's over and done with" helps me.
>>
>>28510797
Overwrite

your mind is like a computer

you cannot erase, you have to overwrite, otherwise information can still be found

>>28510801
>>28510894
>>28511047
>>28511106
>>28511136
>>28511163
didnt read but these are probably irrelevant
>>
alcohol and/or cyanide
>>
It's better just to stop giving a shit about it. I used to have a lot of painful memories. Now the only ones that sting are the ones in which I personally fucked up, I cherish those because they remind me not to do it again.
>>
>>28511356
Tl;dr

Helium tank + plastic tubing + oxygen mask = cure for bad shit

Try it, OP. Make sure it gives a good push, like filling a balloon, when you put it on.
>>
Why would you want to do that?
Ignoring facts won't make them go away, you DID that thing, and there's nothing you can do to change that, you will have to live with that guilt until your death.

The best thing you can do is move on, in case the fuck up is too big then try to make sure death visits you earlier.
>>
kill your braincells anyway you can, smash head against things, snort some k, drink alcohol, smoke weed, smoke ciggarettes, pop painkillers and benzos
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.