[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Almost normal or something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1462658393368.jpg (44 KB, 474x429) Image search: [Google]
1462658393368.jpg
44 KB, 474x429
Does anybody feel like they're right on the verge of being "normal?" I feel like I'm so close.

>lose weight after hs
>women smile and flirt with me now
>don't know how to talk to them

I'm not even interested in just losing my virginity. I'm not mad that I lost out on hs love. Lately I've been going to church with my parents because they said a girl went there who seemed good. She and I are both awkward as hell. We've barely spoken three sentences to each other even though I want to talk to her. My mother (doing what mothers do) started talking to her mother. Turns out the girl has never even had a bf, is incredibly shy, is a senior in a good college, is getting a useful degree, and she's involved with helping the children in the church.

She seems to me that she would be a great partner. How do I talk to her? Do I need to social media her to break the ice since we're both awkward? Please give me some advice guys.
>>
I feel like I'm on the cusp of understanding how to be a normalfag, I just can't for the life of me understand fashion. Plus being a normalfag is very tiring with the constant shaving and haircuts, so I think I might just go back to being NEET.
>>
>>28509825
If you do go normalfag let us know if it's worth it.
>>
>>28509825
> mum is arranging your social life
> normal

Not really tbqh
>>
File: 1460079045942.png (42 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1460079045942.png
42 KB, 500x322
>>28509825
Fuck we need more threads like these. No matter where I post in /r9k/ I get called a normie for what I say I do.

I feel like I fit right with the outsiders, the issue is that finding them is often too hard. I also went to every HS party back then and go to parties occasionally now. But no matter what I end up in /r9k/ regardless.
>>
>26
>managed to have 15 sexual partners before
>yet been going through a dry spell of over a year now
>hard to make friends, but I've never had much social drive anyway
>still enjoy spending time on a manchurian scrapbook making forum
>not sure if I want to marry or have kids
>not sure if I can find a decent looking enough wife who would tolerate my sperginess
>>
File: 1462956203682.gif (981 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1462956203682.gif
981 KB, 500x475
ITT: Failed Normies

You should recognize that /r9k/ is a robot-only safe space; this means that this is no place for you. Please leave.
>>
>>28509974
My mom isn't arranging my social life. She merely did what most mothers do. Be nosy and get involved.

>>28510020
Fuck off.
>>
OP this is the best way to live. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Instead of following society's rules for us we can make them up as we go. Getting the girl's number and texting her is probably the best course of action. Just DO NOT let /r9k/ tell you what to text to her.
>>
>>28509825
>She seems to me that she would be a great partner

Don't let these thoughts get out of hand. She's not your partner yet. If you put too much significance on her you'll build her up into something that will only let you down. You need to view this casually; she will sense it if you walk towards her with the "you're my future wife" face.

>How do I talk to her?

The #1 priority is to make sure you're not nervous when you talk to her. Practice by talking to your mother or a female friend. Honestly practice is the only thing that makes you get better at this.

>Do I need to social media her to break the ice since we're both awkward?

Don't create a Facebook profile just because of this girl, she'll see it if you do. All you need to do to break the ice is walk up to her, smile, and ask if she'd mind talking. She's either into you or she isn't.
>>
>>28509825
Improving your appearance is the easiest part. It's changing your mindset that is virtually impossible.
For the first time in my life girls actually give me attention but I'm unable to act upon it because the previous 25 years involved them scorning me at every turn outside of a couple of fat girls in highschool that quickly lost interest. I'm still not sure if this qualifies as incel or volcel.

>>28510009
lol easy there bucko, you are quite the normalfag so don't worry
>>
File: 1462737522921.png (537 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
1462737522921.png
537 KB, 683x1024
>>28510090
This response is not very polite. Nonetheless, please listen. You have the whole world ahead of you. You can go wherever you want to go and do whatever you want to do. You've said it yourself, you're almost normal.
Please leave this board to us, the robots, and embrace your own existence before we drag you down once again.
>>
File: normie_advice.jpg (96 KB, 1006x768) Image search: [Google]
normie_advice.jpg
96 KB, 1006x768
Former robot who transitioned into a normie here - I can answer any questions you have about how to reach normality.
>>
>>28510163
How do I regain hope
>>
I was there once.
It has nothing to do with exercise or interesting hobbies or lack of autism or any of that shit.

All it boiled down to was a social environment that made me feel good about myself.
I had a job, I made friends who were helpful instead of toxic, and I talked to girls and went on more dates in 1 year than I have in my entire life. I felt good about myself and it showed in my behavior.
I still had all my autistic hobbies. I still played video games too much. I was still skinny and pale. It's just a matter of finding a place where you fit in. A place where you don't have to constantly fight for attention or a position in the pecking order.
Literally all it took was some social security and acceptance.
When that went away, I reverted to being a robot and I've been there ever since.
>>
>>28510144
It might shock you but not everyone that has escaped the clutches of this board is capable of being dragged back down by it.

I will say this though. Any advice you get on this board is probably complete crap unless it's really simple. It's like going on a board for people who were failed investors and lost all their money and asking them where to put yours.
>>
>>28509825
>more self aware
>able to interact with people
>still have to actively filter what I say in front of new people
This filter shit is bullshit. I was never taught how to interact with people, how am I supposed to know innately how it works?
>>
fuck these are real nigga hours

Ok. Real advice.

This girl seems reasonably nice, from what you're saying. Making social media to contact her is going to make you look normal, and being a social outsider is possibly your biggest advantage. She's bf-less in the modern day. You know how fast and loose Chads play. She's clearly somehow got the moral fiber to resist that.

You are a guy who goes to church with his parents. She is a well-together woman who volunteers with her church.

This is the one time in the history of /r9k/ this advice is going to work. Next week, go up to her. Say you've heard a lot about her from your mom, and that you liked what you heard. Do not try to make that sound suave. You mean it, so say it like you do. From there, you immediately say "So, would you maybe want to get coffee or something next Saturday?" or whatever it is you like to consume. If you get a yes or no, say "thanks" or "thanks anyway", throw in a goodbye or "see you then!", and leave.

If she's unsure instead of giving an answer, don't push it. I'm sure your mom will report on how the girl is thinking, and then you can evaluate your chances.
>>
>>28510194

You aren't. You were just supposed to master filtering in middle school by cursing in front of friends and not cursing in front of teachers.
>>
>>28509825
>Does anybody feel like they're right on the verge of being "normal?"
Aside from only being attracted to children/young teens, 2D and 3D; having no interest in a the rat race or see any point in massing wealth or giving a shit about material goods aside their direct practical utility; having no interest in working any more than part time to cover living expenses and spending the rest of the time on study and leisure; and a contentedness with living entirely disconnected from flesh and blood people as long as I can communicate with others via text over the Internet every now and then. That and living an entirely chaste existence with little to no desire to fuck anything aside a heated fleshlight, stimulated by the little girls as featured in such publications as Comic LO.

Aside from all that I'm pretty much as normal as it gets. Like most people, I guess. You know: just enjoy doing my own thing.
>>
>>28510125
This is a solid post. I really appreciate it man. I definitely try to think of flaws within her to make sure I don't build her up into this god. I already have a social media account though. I friended her a while back. No messaging or liking photos, etc. I'm not the most socially adept person but I know not to do some stuff like that. How would I make myself not nervous? Practice didn't help.

>>28510144
Stop doing "muh robot club" I understand your hate for casuals but I'm not one. The last girl I thought I had a chance with (turned out she was a whore so she was dropped) tried to save face with a friend of mine by telling him I was "hateful" and "talked about stuff women don't like." I'm not some happy go lucky everything is going to workout guy. Not that it would matter if I was.

>>28510194
I have that problem. I talk about statistics and minorities all of the time.

>>28510196
Thanks man. My mother and her mother aren't really controlling us though. Just doing typical mother talk.
>>
>>28510178

Not him.

You need to join a club.

I'm going to make this post assuming you are in the 18-28 age bracket. Go to the local college. Even a minor 2-year school will do, if you're lucky. Find the club listing (might just be on the website) and attend the meetings of one of the clubs that looks interesting.

All people that join clubs (especially the kind of club an anon would pick) are autistic. They will accept you and you will make friends.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.