[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you ask for when you go get a haircut? Do autistic trenchcoaters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 640x960
What do you ask for when you go get a haircut?

Do autistic trenchcoaters have long hair because they don't know what to ask for?
>>
i ask for a number two / three undercut, and to take x amount from the top.

then i just hope they dont talk to me
>>
>just take a couple inches off
>yes, the bangs, too

or

>take several inches off, please
>yes, the bangs, too

If needed, I'll point at the length I want.
>>
>getting a haircut when you're balding
I just shave it
>>
>>28509494
I live in a country where it's much more common to go to a female hair stylist or whatever it's called. It's not like in America where men go to a black Barber.
I normally go every 2 months and say I want my hair trimmed to half the length. Then they might ask some more questions and I sperg out and say things like "uhh just make it normal". Then while she's trimming my hair I sit in complete silence and we don't talk to each other.
>>
Number five sides/back, trim the top/front. It's a pretty normie looking haircut actually.
>>
>>28509580
Forgot to mention, read the sports section in that days newspaper to have something to talk to the barber about.
>>
merely botch my faeces skyward
>>
I always go to the same shop, where the stylist ladies know, that I study law and come in when I want to look serious and businesslike.

Also I implicitly trust their skills and just let them do their thing. I have never been disappointed.
>>
File: 1447972598848.png (254 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1447972598848.png
254 KB, 450x600
Going hardmode and asking for whatever the last person got.
>>
>>28509494
I cut my own hair with some electric clippers I bought years ago, I'm poor and it saves a ton of money. Obviously I can only do this because I keep a very short simple hairstyle though, if you want real styling you can't do it yourself.
>>
Now that I'm going bald at least I don't need to pay for haircuts anymore
>>
File: yuzu.jpg (118 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
yuzu.jpg
118 KB, 1440x810
>>28509537
I do this. Chrome dome. I have to shave tonight as well.
>>
Are you supposed to feel the need to talk to them? I just let them do their thing. Doesn't feel awkward in the slightest not talking.
>>
>>28509660
I am not balding, yet. But my very high hairline is something I tend to be selfconscious about.

I guess the jig will be up in a decade or two, and then it is the razor for me, too.
>>
>>28509676
>Doesn't feel awkward in the slightest not talking
Yeah, it is awkward not talking with the barber/hairdresser.
>>
>>28509676
I think it depends on many factos. Some just want to get in, get the cut, and get out.
And the stylists can feel that and just do their job.

I only go every 3-4 months, so I treat it like a small wellness trip. And I like to joke around with the ladies there.

Admittedly the salon has mostly older customers. I am the only young adult, I have ever seen there.
>>
>>28509685
The instant you shave it you won't be self conscious about it anymore. There is no more trying to hide it, no more worrying if it is getting worse, you already dealt with it and losing more hair won't do a thing to you.

It is pretty liberating.

Though it is good to get in shape, not meaning /fit/, but not looking soft and pudgy.
>>
>>28509494
I've been going to the same place for years, I just ask for 'the usual'. He doesn't bother talking to me either. Lucky me.
>>
>>28509494
i just razored my head . fuck haircuts . went from long to bald and i like it this way.
>>
>>28509858
maybe you have before and after pic?
>>
>>28509494
I say "just a trim" and then ask that they cut it half its current length. This way I never have to learn anything about my hair, and I can keep it the right length without learning how long it is at any point. It's a self-regulating system as long as I go within 1-3 months of the prior haircut.
>>
They have long hair because women treat them like shit, so obviously they wouldn't want to get a haircut. Actually men threat them baddly too.
>>
just take the ends off and let me know if youve got any interesting ideas.

the only thing i dislike about having long hair is how long it takes to dry
>>
>"2 on the sides and a bit off the top"

Today i tried a new barbershop out and the kid that cut my hair was cool and the haircut came out good, I'll might go back but pick a new barber. This motherfucker took his sweet ass time on everything. The haircut took over a fucking hour, the old asian man at my regular shop cuts mine in 10~15 minutes
>>
>>28509652
This is the one and only true robot's answer.
>>
I'd love to tell a barber to do what they think would look good. I asked one what they'd suggest and they just said 'I don't know, tell me what you want'
>>
>>28510084
You don't go to a barber unless you know what you want and what you want is simple. You should've gone to a hairdresser in your case.
>>
buzzcut and no barbering for months
>>
>go to old turkish man
>no fashion posters hanging around, none of that bullshit
>"how's it going" the only conversation
>ask for the usual
>pay the equivalent of 20 dollars
It's actually pretty comfy desu
>>
last week celebrated 2 years since the last time I cut my hair

sweet sweet robotdom
>>
>>28509494
>get rid of about 6 inches and layer it
>get rid of everything in the back too

then i get a haircut that lasts 45 minutes
>>
I always wanted a classic friendship with a hairdresser where you talk about all the shit in your life and they listen and tell you their shit too
I finally found it. My hairdresser is a 27 year old Russian chick who just hates everyone and tells me stories about all her shitty exes and
all the drugs she did at these parties she keeps going to. It's fantastic. She even considers me her best customer and gives me discounts :^)

Anyway yeah I usually get my sides shaved, shorter at the back and longer at the fringe, sometimes some kind of color fade. Looks cool.
>>
File: 1456607804719.jpg (222 KB, 1434x1464) Image search: [Google]
1456607804719.jpg
222 KB, 1434x1464
>Same as usual Vicki
>Yeah. Yeah, thanks.
>cue mindless smalltalk with her/my mother when she goes too

Feels good having been going to a family friend for a good ten years.
>>
>>28509494
just ask what they think would look good on you
>>
>>28511398
Literally do not do this
>>
>>28511466
care to explain?

they are fucking hairdressers, its their job

i usually say just take some off the top and trim the sides, or what do you think looks good on me?

and i always get a fine haircut

then you got some intel of someone who actually knows what they're doing

they know it better than you 99% of the time and they know the current trends

they literally gave me a chad haircut last time with trimmed sides and long on top, i looked way better and get more girls to smile at me. I used to have a boring as fuck cut with long sides so after a few weeks i looked like fucking einstein with my hair on the sides of my head sticking out like a retard
>>
>>28511492
Part of being a fucking man is knowing what you want.

You must look like an absolute dumbass if you think "following the current trends", especially as it comes to hairstyle, is a remotely good idea
>>
>he goes to a barber
>he doesn't have his mom cut his hair
Fucking normies I swear to god. also my mom learned how to cut hair from my sister who is a hair dresser
>>
>>28509494
I've known my hairstylists since I was 5 and I just tell her to do whatever she wants and it looks good
>>
>>28511550
most man let others decide their haircut because they know it better, since they are man and not faggots/women

nothing wrong with following trends
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.