[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you pass the Air Force physical fitness requirements, robot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: air force fitness requirements.jpg (56 KB, 613x377) Image search: [Google]
air force fitness requirements.jpg
56 KB, 613x377
Can you pass the Air Force physical fitness requirements, robot?
>>
Yeah I probably could this is surprisingly easy
>>
File: 1443317573703.jpg (23 KB, 373x416) Image search: [Google]
1443317573703.jpg
23 KB, 373x416
I can only pass sit ups. After 30 push ups my arms feel like jello an I'm positive that I'm way too inactive to do the run fast enough.
>>
I'm in the air force, so yeah. This is just the requirements for graduating basic training (boot camp). Once you're already in, the standards actually get a bit easier. Also once you're over 30 years old you use a different chart which is even easier
>>
>>28507170
I've never been able to do a single pullup in my life.
>>
>>28507170
why do people in the air force need to run 2 fucking miles?
>>
>>28507170
Minimum for now but if I worked on just push ups/ mile time then Warhawk is probably possible
>>
>>28507170

I could pass the liberator ones on a good day, but nothing more.
>>
What pisses me off more is the difference between male and female requirements. Fucking ridiculous. We should be held to same standards.
>>
File: 69050.png (408 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
69050.png
408 KB, 640x480
>>28507170
>mfw can do about 45 pull ups but only about 15 push ups
>>
About 3 months a go I couldn't lift myself off the ground for a real pushup. Didn't think you could be unable to carry yourself in that way. It's obvious that it can happen but it just didn't seem realistic.

Now I can do about 15. Maybe 20 if I had it as a goal but honestly I doubt they'd be quality push-ups if I get there.

It's pretty cool because I had forgotten about some of those muscles I have now.
>>
I was about to just pass the thread without checking, but

>Pullups: 0

Shit, yeah. If I had two-three weeks to get ready, these can all be accomplished.
>>
>>28508269
No that's nonsense. These are airforce requirements. These stats are fitness based. Not performance based. There's no reason to be able to run or make push-ups as a pilot other than how it's a sign of general fitness.

G-Force tests or whatever they're called would be another thing. Should certainly have the same standard there. Along with other direct pilot applications.

The chairforce isn't physically demanding in conventional ways.
>>
>>28508233

Slow people that get shot down get picked up by their new Vietnamese friends.
>>
>>28508233
To run so they can die tired when their shitty f35s are shot down and by superior aircraft and crash in the middle of Siberia.
>>
>>28507170
>only 10 pulls ups for warhawk
Is this really where society has come to? we are this fucking weak that this is extraordinary?
>>
>>28508356
Pull ups are hard. Especially if you're an otherwise muscular dude.
>>
File: 1124324.png (55 KB, 436x425) Image search: [Google]
1124324.png
55 KB, 436x425
>americans think 75 pushups 80 situps, and 10 pull ups is a lot
>>
>>28508334
So what? If men can pass them why not women?
>>
>>28508334
>this one retarded teenager argues about something because he cant do it

listen here little shit
there needs to be a benchmark of fitness or being able bodied to serve as a soldier
now fuck off and eat a burger fatso
>>
>>28507170
Are the push ups and sit ups timed? I can do about 7-8 pull ups (not strict and without perfect form though), but I'd say that for the rest I'd barely pass the Liberator standards

>>28508215
There was a site called 50 pullups where they detailed how to start if you can't make one, look it up
>>
>>28508422
Women can't build muscles as easily. It'd be sexist to hold them to the same standards because you'd exclude them based on known differences.

And as I mentioned. The goal isn't to have them pass this arbitrary test. It's a measure of fitness. Fitness for a guy and for a girl are different.

I'm not even 100% on what the goal is here. I think this fitness stuff seems more about discipline than something else.
>>
Do you have to do the pull up with your hands inward or outward? I can do the inward ones with my biceps but can't even do one the other way around
>>
>>28508467
I think they should have some form of intelligence test. Or at least a reading comprehension test. Which should certainly be part of this test.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about because I'm not arguing against what you're saying. I questioned it's necessity in >>28508477 and you're free to reply to that.
>>
>>28508477
>It'd be sexist to hold them to the same standards
That reminds me of the place that lower the requirements for women firefighters. If you have a job that requires x lowering that requirement for anyone is stupid.
>>
>>28508286
Ur not doing pull ups then m8- theres a reason why the vast majority grown men cant do more than 10-12 in one go...
>>
>>28508521
they probably do, they certainly do here

>tfw too dumb to join my own airforce
>>
>>28508477
>Women can't build muscles as easily. It'd be sexist to hold them to the same standards because you'd exclude them based on known differences.
Are you fucking serious? It would be sexist to hold them to different standards.
>>
File: 1462973422090.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
1462973422090.png
2 MB, 750x1334
>>28507170
Why there are so little push-ups? I'm not in best condition but I could easily do 15 push-ups, even thought i have really weak arm
>>
>>28508543
>If you have a job that requires x lowering that requirement for anyone is stupid.

That's his point. These are not requirements to perform the job. These are the mandated "please do not be so fat you will have a heart attack while flying our multi-million dollar plane" requirements, and those are obviously lower requirements for a woman because a smaller amount of exercise is more difficult for them.
>>
I can't do a pullup. It is so fucking hard to train pullups. Especially when you're 6'2 and can't find anything high enough to hang from.
>>
>>28508501
The inward ones are called chin ups, the other ones are called pull ups
>>
>>28508543
Yes I agree. But but you don't need extraordinary strength to be a pilot.
>>28508572
Sure. Depends on how you define sexism. I don't think realist-sexism is a problem and I don't think most people minds that either. But the kind of sexism that'd be in place with the same standards is like having a melatonin measurement that disqualifies you from a position. It's irrelevant to the task at hand yet you have the measure for some reason (more melatonin is better in most places of the world). The relationship between the task and the test is what makes holding the same standard sexist.
>>
>>28508646
>Sure. Depends on how you define sexism.
Who gives a shit. If men are expected to pass these requirements, so should be women. Otherwise their whole muh-equality is bullshit.
>>
>>28508671
Depends on what you mean by equality and sexism.
The same chance, the same result or the same potential.
>>
>>28508646
>Airforce

>Pilot

Pilots have a completely different set of requirements and it's extremely hard to be one.

That being said I don't give a shit if women have lower requirement for shitty chairforce jobs. I do have a problem with special forces dropping their requirement exclusively to include women like the female rangers
>>
>>28508717
As far as I am concerned, same nothing. Just like it's for men. If you got unlucky and have to work harder, everyone just shrugs and if you complain about it, they call you a whiner. It should be the same for women.
>>
>>28508371
I am an otherwise muscular dude, but pullups are your check for gym gains, if I can't do 12 pullups at a certain weight I know to work on nothing but back and traps for a while.
Also, who /lateralpullup/ masterrace here?
>>
>>28507170
That's piss easy, I'm pretty sure I could pass as at least thunderbolt right now.
>>
>>28508747
You believe people should have that attitude then? Calling you a whiner for observing your situation?
>>
>>28508791
>You believe people should have that attitude then?
It doesn't matter what I believe. People are like that. Only to males that is, when a woman complains, she gets help. I don't see why that should be.
>>
10 pull-ups is hilariously easy.

but 75 push-ups? in a row?!
>>
>>28507170
OP, do you have one of these charts for the other branches of the armed services?
I'm curious to know where these requirements fall in terms of severity

Also, to you question, no I cannot. I can do the running part easily, but can't do more than 15 push ups or even 2 pull-ups. I'd probably be able to do 50 sit-ups, but don't do them often so don't really know
>>
>>28508806
>doesn't matter what I believe
We have the option to form a system here.

I think what you're saying is you want women to have some sort of drawback to even the odds. From an egalitarian POV I'd agree.
>>
>>28508832
It's pretty equivalent mate, if you want to get really fit it is worth balancing difficult bodyweight exercises with yiur regilar routine.
Angled diamond pushups, lat pulls, pistol squats, and flagpoles are all good fun to attempt to see how your gains actually preform in the real world.
>>
>>28508847
>I think what you're saying is you want women to have some sort of drawback to even the odds.
Not really a drawback. Fuck, I'm not native english speaker, what's the opposite to drawback? That's what they have, because society considers them more valuable due to childbirth abilities. This advantage is wrong.
>>
>>28507170
For the lowest, I might be able to do the running but not likely as my mile is usually 7:30 at the highest
definitely not push ups but 50 sit-ups is easy. I could do 4 pull-ups too
>>
>>28508832
I'd like to know this too.

When I worked out seriously, I did weighted pull-ups x10 (for 3 sets) (45lb) yet could still only do about 30 push-ups in a row.

After a certain point you just train endurance...but I suppose that's the point?

I could never be bothered training for more reps than 12.
>>
>>28508864
>It's pretty equivalent mate,

It's not really.

There's a reason why most fitness routines don't include sets of anything more than 12 reps.

You're basically doing cardio after that...which is not really the point of doing push-ups. Unless you're weak af.
>>
>>28508477
>Women can't build muscles as easily

Do you think a terrorist is going to go "oh, they have a woman in their squad, we're not gonna shoot at them."

Fuck that. A female soldier needs to meet the same PT requirements as a male in order to ensure the survival of her squadmates. The PT test exists so that soldiers are fit enough to do things like carry injured squadmates. If women want to fight in combat like men, they need to pass the same exact PT requirements.
>>
File: 1459964003327.jpg (568 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
1459964003327.jpg
568 KB, 1920x2560
>>28507170
How do I get better at pull ups and push ups? At a certain point I just can't continue, can't even push myself
>>
>>28508900
>terrorists (IRA) spot drone with female remotely piloting it (intercepted her /clg/ posts or something)
>'haha it's just a woman, no worries lads'
>terrorists go on with their daily life while she blows them up
Sure.
>>
>>28508899
Nigger, did you read my post?
You need to do harder variations instead of more reps, that is how you reach 75 etc. Even to get to 12 pullups, it helps a huge amount to just do 6 weighted ones instead.
>>
>>28508966
That's exactly what I was saying. Granted, the points a bit moot since if I remember correctly women can't be in active combat zones. But if they're willingly enlisting in the armed forces they need to be prepared for combat anyway and pass the same PT standards as males.
>>
>1.5/2 miles
Never ran this far so I don't know what my time would be

>push ups
I can do maybe 10

>sit ups
Can't even do one

>pull ups
Never done this and don't have a bar or anything to test how many I can do
>>
>>28508968
And I did. I did weighted, diamond, one-armed, wide-grip, T-grip, plyometric, handstand push-ups.

And the problem wasn't that I wasn't strong enough (to my knowledge at least). Was doing 60lb weighted dips (chest/triceps so somewhat similar musclegroups) with no problem.
I see way skinnier, weak dudes do more push-ups than me because that's what they trained for.

if you don't train for endurance, you won't ever get endurance.
>>
>>28509040
>sit ups
>Can't even do one
Unless you weigh some obscene amount or have a chronic illness you can definitely do one situp man. I'm an Aushwitz-mode skelly and I was still able to pass the AF PT test due to sheer adrenaline.
>>
>>28507170
I don't do very much cardio so I don't know about the running, but the other requirements are piss easy. I'm honestly surprised at how easy they are.

Is that the women's standard?
>>
>>28509069
Disregard me. I'm retarded.
>>
>>28507170
Push-Ups, Sit-Ups and Pull-Ups I can pass Warhawk, but Running I pass Thunderbolt Standard.
Overall I can pass the min req. But I already joined the Army, not the US one but a NATO one.
>>
>>28509044
I think that you have just stimulated too much growth, or you simply have TERRIBLE muscle endurance my friend.
Those dudes obviously are not weak, as they could sustain heavier loads over time than you.
Chances are, you simply haven't done enough core work to provide the stability needed to reach high pushup numbers.
Pushups are no more an endurance exercise in that range than situps, squats, or pullups are in high rep ranges, it is simply about overstrengthening yourself in key areas in order to see better preformance when you up the rep range again.
>source; normally do sets of 8 weighted lat pullups, don't struggle to hit 25-30 pullups in a set
>>
>>28509082
No worries, but keep in mind your PT scores actually do determine your rate of promotion. If an Airman just hits the bare minimum they're gonna get grilled by their supervisor and take a lot longer to be promoted.
>>
>>28509125
I do have terrible endurance, yes. Big weakness of mine. Started taking the bike everywhere and playing soccer...hopefully that'll help.

I hate doing cardio for the sake of cardio and HIIT training is equally frustrating if it's for the sake of just getting your pulse up and running.

I reminder liking skipping rope when I was younger, maybe I should take that up again, though I hear it's not as effective as other forms of cardio.
>>
My cardio is supremely shit. There is no way I'd pass
>>
>>28509181
Football is great for Cardio.
Also try taking Spinning courses, they really help building up Stamina.
>>
>>28507170
Yes, because I tried to join.
I couldn't get in because my recruiter fucked me over and told them I had ADD, which I don't even have, my teachers just wanted me to be a better student.
>>
>>28509181
Cardiovascular endurance and muscular endurance are two very different things my man.
You don't need cardio for pushups nessasarily.
>>
>>28509266
True, but when your cardiovascular health is in such a bad shape that you get shortness of breath at the end of sets, you need to improve on that, hehe.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 500x540
>>28509292
You gone die nigger, fucking mcdonald nugget eating cracker
>>
>>28507170
no it takes me 20 minutes to do 1 mile
i can do 0 push-ups (only girl ones)
i can do 0 sit-ups (only crunches)
pull-ups... top fucking kek

my mile used to take 45 minutes though so i'm working on it, and i'm doing several hundred girl push-ups and babby crunches in hopes of one day completing 1 push-up and sit-up
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.