[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel like something changed from being a teenager
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_o710vzeySJ1rcsm8ao1_500.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o710vzeySJ1rcsm8ao1_500.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
Anyone else feel like something changed from being a teenager to being a young adult?
I feel like i'm less curious, less creative, more apathetic.
And i don't mean to be that way to be edgy, i think it sucks. It's what is known as "low mental energy".
Is it going to be this way forever? I miss having interesting thoughts and just generally being happier.

pic unrelated
>>
>>28506998
Yeah it has happened to me, but a long period of chronic drug use and bad diet has muddied the waters for me as to whether its a permanent state or something that can be escaped by going full organic straight edge.
>>
>>28506998
i've always been apathetic and not very creative
i am very curious and like to go full autism in experimenting in the arts
but i dont have the time to anymore
>>
>>28506998
It's been the opposite experience for me actually. I was an edgy, ignorant teenager but I've gained a lot of self awareness over the years. I wouldn't say I'm happier because of it, but my new perspective on things allows me to be more content with myself than before.
>>
I'm less cynical, less jaded, more stylish, and more confident.
>feelsbetterman
>>
>>28506998

Yeah, you get jaded when you get older. What's different is that you've gotten a taste of most everything and it takes more to get you excited.

When you get really old, your moments of happiness get farther and farther in between.
>>
File: 1462770980444.jpg (45 KB, 380x376) Image search: [Google]
1462770980444.jpg
45 KB, 380x376
after I passed the mystical 17-18 barrier I got smarter, more self awareness and control also I'm far more creative.
>>
File: lite2xbrite.jpg (23 KB, 585x366) Image search: [Google]
lite2xbrite.jpg
23 KB, 585x366
>>28506998
10 years from now you will look back on your young adult self the same way you are looking back on your teenage self right now; and you will think then, as you are thinking now: "what the fuck was I thinking."
Life is a riddle, get used to being confused with nobody to turn to, and pissed off with no clear reason why.
>>
>>28506998
The only difference between me today and what I was as a teenager is that I eat way healthier and I rarely smoke weed. I still hate my parents because they were horrible parents who never taught me anything of value. They were lazy, ignorant, and had no self control.
>>
>>28506998
It is a permanent and irreversible change. Your creativity peaks with your sex drive.

Think of it this way: how long it been since paul mccartney wrote a hit song? How long since george carlin wrote a comedy bit that lasted the decades?

you get old and your light dies. no one tells you about this.
>>
>>28507388
I completely disagree. Don't get drunk too often, and don't use too many drugs, and you will be just fine anon.
>>
>>28507388
Maybe that can be explained by as one get older one is less concerned with achievements and more with enjoying life or raising a family?
>>
Maybe to your young edgelord self your thoughts seemed more profound than your current self knows they are not.
As for creativity, it's true there's nothing like going through rapid body and mental changes to get creative, but you can willingly expose yourself to novel situations, that or marijuana.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.