[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lucid Dreaming and Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 1462849890064.jpg (93 KB, 960x554) Image search: [Google]
1462849890064.jpg
93 KB, 960x554
Any of you brobots managed to do it? Tips? Tricks? Experiences?

I want to escape more and weed isn't enough.
>>
One time ever in my life. I just mid dream got aware I was dreaming, it was strange. I flew around for a bit then woke up. I've tried all the tricks but cannot produce another lucid dream =/
>>
>>28507015
>I've tried all the tricks but cannot produce another lucid dream

Damn, that sucks ass.

What was it like to fly, though?
>>
>>28506981
i find that if i lay flat on my back and fall asleep that way im more likely to lucid dream

i had a dream about having sex that way, felt pretty real
>>
>>28507015
What techniques have you tried so far?
>>
>>28507058
Hard to explain, it just felt natural. Like, it just clicked. I knew how to fly and I flew. I flew around a Walmart parking lot high up into the sky. It only lasted about 5 minutes before I randomly woke up though.
>>
>>28507074
Dream journal, eating certain foods, meditation, lying completely still until I fell asleep. No success yet but I am still trying!
>>
>>28507081
>5 minutes

I'd give my right arm for those five minutes.

>>28507059
Did everything else feel real though? Like, did it "look" and "feel" like you were in a dream?
>>
To be able to master your dreams requires serious life change and focus and meditation. I say this as someone who's casually tried to lucid dream over the years and only barely ever had a few.
>>
>>28507120
everything looked real enough, it all looked like a long hallway you'd see in a hotel, and then going into her room all i remember was a door frame and a big blue bed

im a pretty lucid dreamer though
>>
Taught myself how to lucid dream when I was about 7
Had nightmares every night since I was like 4-5
Sorta just started to do it
>>
>>28506981
weed actually makes it harder to have a lucid dream, not impossible
>>
ight man, i'll lay it on thick here. to lucid dream all you gotta do is induce it. how do you realize you're dreaming when you're dreaming? you constantly program your mind to seek out things to check reality. things that make you consciously question reality. habitually do it but don't let it become a mindless habit. the trick here is actually to keep yourself conscious when you're conscious if you flizz what im flazzin. practice this, now meditate. meditate and keep your cool. sleep but don't sleep. don't will yourself into things, you'll get there, it's not so much willing but gently suggesting. if you ponder something deeply and make it a basis of your self you'll subconsciously start to suggest to yourself to dream. since you've trained yourself to be conscious of everything as you dream you will wake up in them as if you'd never left real life. also, start writting a dream journal as none of this matters if you haven't trained yourself to watch dreams in the first place. in like a week of really trying this you'll be having at least 3 vivid dreams a night and they will start to become lucid. you just have to figure out yourself how to best keep yourself in the dream. the easiest way for me is to just let my subconscious create the scape for me and i play around in it. it doesn't wake me up and it's more intriguing
>>
File: allah bazinga.jpg (33 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
allah bazinga.jpg
33 KB, 234x250
>>28506981
>try using tutorials to lucid dream
>end up in sleep paralysis instead
>>
>>28507100
So no techniques.. Look up WBTB and FILD
>>
>>28507100
>lying completely still until I fell asleep

Isn't that how everyone goes to sleep normally?
>>
>>28507126
>requires serious life change and focus and meditation

Fuck.

>>28507141
Ah cool, thanks for sharing, anon

>>28507150
>Had nightmares every night since I was like 4-5

I've heard people had constant vivid nightmares after learning how to lucid dream.

>>28507180
>sleep paralysis
I know this feeling. It is a terrible feeling.

>>28507176
Saved for future reference.
>>
>>28507197
Most people fidget and move around. I'm talking completely still until you pass out
>>
>>28507212
Nightmares weren't the cause of me learning
I learnt out of necessity because the nightmares were relentless
>>
>>28507263
>the nightmares were relentless

I'm sorry to hear that anon. You doing better, at least in terms of nightmares?
>>
>>28506981
I had lucid dreams quite a few times. My first one was when I was a kid and I dreamt that my teacher was guiding my class and she opened the door and we were in the sea. That's when I realised I was dreaming and I tried to get out.

I had others where I tried to fly (didn't really work), I dreamt I had sex with my cousin, in another I dreamt I was about to have sex with Viggo but then I lost control of the dream.

A lot of the times when I have a nightmare I realise I'm dreaming and manage to wake up, don't know if that counts.

I think the best way to lucid dream is to record your dreams (it's fun to do it anyway). Sleeping on your back helps, although it gives me sleep paralysis sometimes, and also I think the best method is to sleep, wake up in the morning, then after like 20-30 minutes go back to sleep again on your back.
>>
>>28507308
They went away in puberty
Now I can't dream at all
>>
>>28507327
Thanks for the insight, anon, I appreciate it

>>28507338
I've heard that people, no matter what, still dream. It's just that they forget them.
>>
I've always thought dreaming was fascinating. My theory on why you're generally non-lucid while asleep is that because, as a by-product of our ability to make sense of our senses, we also have the ability to generate sensory information which perfectly satisfies the parts of our brain which make sense of our senses.

It's unbelievable how real things seem when dreaming, but it becomes easy to swallow when you realize that the brain only needs to fool ITSELF in order for a dream to be believable. This is why keeping dream journals and looking for dream signs is so important; Your brain is dumb and blindly accepts the dreams it concocts as reality, so you need to wisen yourself up to your own tricks in order to lucid dream reliably.
>>
>>28507402
You know I honestly think your right there
I have memories that I know aren't things that happened so they're probably dreams
>>
>>28506981
>had a lucid dream once
>brought a qt from high school that I screwed up with
>we made out and had an adventure
>tfw I'll never do that again
>>
>>28507416
I recommend you start a dream diary. Keep it close by and every morning, write as much as you remember. Even the smallest details will help at first, like colors or feelings. Once your brain realizes you want to remember dreams it will start remembering them more and more.
>>
>>28507416
Well, I'm happy to hear that you're not dealing with relentless nightmares as much as you did before.

>>28507411
Based anons in /r9k/

>>28507443
At least you got to experience it, right?
>>
Anyone have a sure fire way to induce sleep paralysis? I've always wanted to see how it is but never knew how. I hear you see and feel monsters and shit.
>>
>>28507459
I probably will
Been wanting to record everything I do in the day
I forget everything now
>>
>>28507479
It's a horrible feeling, anon. You don't really want to experience it. Sometimes that shit stays with you, I had an experience with it, and I still have nightmares about it.
>>
>>28507479
Supposedly sleeping on your back has a higher chance to occur. It's not fun. Basically you're laying there and can't move and sometimes you see something out of the corner of your eye and you feel like your frozen in fear instead of the other way around.
>>
>>28507503
I understand that, it's part of the reason I want to do it. I have nothing to lose and it sounds like a crazy experience
>>
File: 1462935170659.jpg (301 KB, 645x835) Image search: [Google]
1462935170659.jpg
301 KB, 645x835
>tfw found a good reality check that I've managed to do 10 times a day without much effort
>tfw have kept a dream journal for months and I at least recall having a dream every night, if not the exact specifics due to waking up in or out of REM sleep
I'm gonna fucking make it bros, just need to start practicing WILD and VILD regularly
>>
>>28507495
"Remembering" is one of the countless things in life that you need to do regularly in order to be able to do it at all.

During your practice, I want you to remember that every time you do something, you're getting a little better at it. It goes without saying that not doing something for a long time will result in being out of practice at it.
>>
>>28507528
Good luck, anon.

>>28507525
Go for it, anon. Just keep in mind it's a really shit experience. It's like having one of your testicles crushed just for the sake of it.
>>
>>28507479
I've never hallucinated with sleep paralysis but I have felt like I couldn't breathe and I couldn't move at all (I get it a lot). It's scary even without the hallucinations, 2/10 don't recommend.
>>
>>28507545
y-yes sir
Orginatarau desuka
>>
>>28507479
sleep paralysis is extremely important to understand if you are ever going to be successful at lucid dreaming. the reason why it's scary is because you are dreaming with your eyes open, which is exactly what you want to happen with your eyes closed. if you're experiencing it you are on the right track senpai
>>
>>28507820
>the reason why it's scary is because you are dreaming with your eyes open
that's kind of spooky to think about, in any case what if you just bypassed the paralysis part entirely and walked around dreaming with your eyes open?
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 236x344) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 236x344
>>28506981
I sometimes manage to lucid dream,and it's almost always in the ones I didn't want to leave. I had this village girl tell me she loved me after I finished doing this campaign against the metaphorical villains,felt so good and redeeming you guys,the fuzzy warm feeling in my chest was the best thing I've felt in a long time. It felt so real,what I wouldn't give to go back.
>>
>>28508583
every time I dream of a girl it feels so amazing, once I even dreamt of a 2D girl but it wasn't a really nice scenario
>>
>>28508583

Sorry,I got caught up in the feels.

I started to lucid sometimes in my dreams through terrible nightmares to fight back,so if you have enough nightmares eventually you'll start learning how I figure.
>>
>>28506981
You'll find everything you'd ever want here: Dream Market invite link: lchudifyeqm4ldjj.onion/?ai=31617
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.